Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  64

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What COULD hold us back (2024 edition).

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Just things I have heard re Bevo and his my way approach and the turn over of assistance as a consequence.
    Has there really been that much turnover?

There was a bit post 2021 GF but the group has been pretty stable really...Smith departure the end of 2023 didn't seem like either Bevo's idea OR Smith's idea.

I think a lot has been made of not much here...I mean, the Hansen departure was a blow but who else are we talking about??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Has there really been that much turnover?

There was a bit post 2021 GF but the group has been pretty stable really...Smith departure the end of 2023 didn't seem like either Bevo's idea OR Smith's idea.

I think a lot has been made of not much here...I mean, the Hansen departure was a blow but who else are we talking about??
    Either way we needed to make some changes, and I think they are all positive.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had quite a few leave, I know they blamed Covid for a lot of them.
    You could also say some were poached but why would they all leave if it was such a good environment to be in.
    We threw everything at Leppitsch and he stayed at Collingwood, why couldn’t we keep our coaches after all they won a flag together
    and then Bevo threw them all into different rolls, why?
    I won’t go into the Dalrymple debacle.
    finally if you read between the lines on the review findings released by the club it sounds like they are saying Bevo needs to change without saying it.
    we have too much young talent on this list to balls it up and I don’t want history to repeat itself and
    it is a long history I might add.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had quite a few leave, I know they blamed Covid for a lot of them.
    You could also say some were poached but why would they all leave if it was such a good environment to be in.
    I guess this is what I'm asking. Who (WHOM) are you specifically talking about??

We threw everything at Leppitsch and he stayed at Collingwood, why couldn’t we keep our coaches after all they won a flag together and then Bevo threw them all into different rolls, why?
    1/. Wasn't Leppitsch simply using our offer to get 'more' from his current club?
    2/. WHY would he leave Collingwood for anything other than a senior coaching role?
    3/. WHY are we convinced that recruiting him is a good idea?

I won’t go into the Dalrymple debacle.
    Happy to discuss it - he wasn't a coach (well, I guess he was back in the Northern Knights days!) but pretty sure Bevo had very little to do with his move to Sydney...just as Longmire had little to do with his move to the Saints.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.