Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Left of the Dial - "Fringe" player to KEY Player

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Caleb Poutler is mine, though I think my opinion of him is higher than most.

I think because he's a recycled player we forget how young he is, but I was really impressed with the way he stepped in last year and made some strong contributions as a 20-year old.

He's disciplined in how he holds space on the outside, he has good hands in close and accumulates the footy, and I was really impressed with his attack on the ball and his courage (that was something called into question by my Collingwood supporting mates).

I think there's good scope for improvement in his game and there's clear opportunity on the wings. In my opinion he's a better player than Baker and would be looking to give him first crack.
    He has a huge left peg on him as well, which could be a weapon in clearing the defensive line that the oppo has set up in D50.
    Last edited by Sedat; 17-01-2024 at 11:43 AM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Caleb Poutler is mine, though I think my opinion of him is higher than most.

I think because he's a recycled player we forget how young he is, but I was really impressed with the way he stepped in last year and made some strong contributions as a 20-year old.

He's disciplined in how he holds space on the outside, he has good hands in close and accumulates the footy, and I was really impressed with his attack on the ball and his courage (that was something called into question by my Collingwood supporting mates).

I think there's good scope for improvement in his game and there's clear opportunity on the wings. In my opinion he's a better player than Baker and would be looking to give him first crack.
    Great call on Poulter. What I love about Poulter is his first instinct is to move the ball forward which is something we lack overall.

Unsure if the OP will allow Nick Coffield but he has a chance to firm up our back half and become that interceptor we have lacked since Wood retired. He has a bit more size than Richards, JJ and Dale so that will free them both up a bit more to become more offensive again.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm bullish on Poults. He's still very young and he looked good in his first year with the Magpies before falling off, he's not the quickest but he has a lot of elements that a good outside player needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Yeah, I'm bullish on Poults. He's still very young and he looked good in his first year with the Magpies before falling off, he's not the quickest but he has a lot of elements that a good outside player needs.
    And he is a double handed bouncer, automatic selection.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And he is a double handed bouncer, automatic selection.

He's just like me as a kid.