Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21

View Poll Results: Who's coming crashing down??

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pies

1 4.35%
  • Bears

0 0%
  • Blues

2 8.70%
  • Power

3 13.04%
  • Orange

2 8.70%
  • Swans

3 13.04%
  • Dees

5 21.74%
  • Aints.

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2024 - If we are IN, who is OUT??

"Twas The Night Before Christmas, And All Through The House, Not A Creature Was Stirring, Except... The Four A******* Coming In The Rear In Standard Two-By-Two Cover Formation."

I have ad libbed this to be "Twas Jan 17th and all through the VU High Performance Centre everything was WELL...except the Tim English concussion issues".

Anyway, things are good. New training centre. New assistant coaches. Re-invigorated senior coach. New head of high performance. Exciting rookies...and the general thought is that in 2024, we are BACK in the upper echelons of the ladder.

My question is pretty simple: For us to go in, someone must go OUT! Who have you got?

Collingwood - Been pretty darned good for a while now (Buckley's last year notwithstanding) and seem to have a good mix.
    Brisbane - Strong home ground advantage, in the 'window'.
    Carlton - Last 12-weeks were pretty amazing.
    Port - Young midfield for the ages
    Giants - Probs better in the last 12-weeks than even Carlton were and loaded across the ground.
    Sydney - Did I mention young midfields?
    Melbourne - Culture under question, talent NOT under question.
    Saints - Ross teams play finals.

I suspect the popular pick is gonna be the Saints...but I guess I'm curious...who thinks someone else will fall and WHY??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2024 - If we are IN, who is OUT??

Collingwood are old as buggery and it wouldn't surprise me if they miss out. McStay out for the season - good luck having Frampton as your key forward for 23 rounds and finals.

Would have said Port, but they now have Sweet-alicious putting it on a platter for their mids.

Melbourne could well implode, especially if May and Lever drop off/get injured. Gawn and/or Petrcca injury and they are toast.

Saints will be thereabouts but could miss - they won't drop off much (if at all) under Ross the Boss.

Brisbane, Carlton, Giants look good things for serious contention.

Sydney are an unknown for mine. Grundy could get them contending or they were a little over-rated in 2022 and their real level is 7-12.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

For me the most vulnerable will be, Yes Saints, GWS and Sydney.

GWS got in because they beat us by a goal and did have an incredible run for the last 12 games

Sydney didn't beat a top 4 side in the season and snuck in due to a draw. Gulden kept them in many games and I think sides will respect him more in 2024 and apply a tag.

Saints - again didn't beat a top 4 side and lost to Carlton, GWS (last game) and only beat Sydney in top 8

Crows are up and coming and may make the 8
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to nominate Port.

Their defence is yuk. Aliir of course is a gun, however they really remind me of us. Some young gun forwards (Marshall, Lord), a gun midfield, a stubborn coach.
    Would only take an injury to one of Butters or Rozee and they'd be in big trouble.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Their defence is yuk. Aliir of course is a gun, however they really remind me of us. Some young gun forwards (Marshall, Lord), a gun midfield, a stubborn coach.
    Would only take an injury to one of Butters or Rozee and they'd be in big trouble.
    I was tempted to say Port as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was tempted to say Port as well
    Oh ye of little faith. Jordon will have you eating your words.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What the Saints achieved in year one of the Ross Lyon return was 'saintsational' but it's going to be that much harder for them to back that up again. They'll have a better run from Max King and hopefully Membrey is good to go but they're no sure thing.
    Melbourne could delight or frustrate their supporters this year but I have question marks on their key forwards.
    I even think the Swans might miss Buddy a bit more than many people expect.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Saintsational.

I almost started a thread with a poll to have you removed as the admin of the site.

Think you've become Hindenburg and lost your ability to make good decisions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Crows are up and coming and may make the 8
    That's definitely another question I want to pose...who are the up-and-comers...

Next week maybe!

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it’s the power . Dickson too old to be the scary forward anymore, huge loss.
    Lycett gone not that I really rated him but he was good for them.
    I see them as the same old front runners who fall apart with pressure and I don’t think they will have the amount of front runner games to go anywhere.
    Powell-pepper is the only player with balls when the game is hard IMO.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Powell-pepper is the only player with balls when the game is hard IMO.
    You don't like Butters mate?

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saints, Port, Swans and Dees for mine, not saying they'll all drop out but probably from last years top 8 have the most issues, think GWS could go a step further, really rate their coach and as a club, finally look to be playing team footy rather than just a bunch of individual stars.

Dogs, Crows and "Suns could surprise a few", have the talent by spades but now have a good hard edge coach, are realistically the only three i can see that can push up, possibly Geelong as they rarely get beaten at Kardinia Park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You don't like Butters mate?
    He is awesome but you don’t see that scary look or hard hits like PP when the opposition start to get over the top.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

All the top 8 are vulnerable with the exception of Brisbane.

Giants and Carlton now have high expectations. Can they sustain this momentum going into ?24. Blues more likely to drop back a notch. Borderline 8 for both.

Pies have been awesome but others have pointed out an ageing list (with genuine young guns) plus no KPF - can they sustain their high pressure game. Probably. But may struggle a little.

Saints, Swans and Port over rated. Expect all to drop out of the 8. Hinkley sacked. Longmire on life support and Lyon to be knighted.

Dees - who knows. Oliver has issues. Struggling with their forward line. Unless Schache fires I expect them to be fringe 8.

Brisbane should be favourites and will be minor premiers. Only one team can stop them and we know who they are.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon at least two of these three sides will drop out of the 8: Power, Demons, Saints.

I reckon at least two of these three sides will make the 8: Dogs, Crows, Suns.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.