Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21

View Poll Results: Who's coming crashing down??

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pies

1 4.35%
  • Bears

0 0%
  • Blues

2 8.70%
  • Power

3 13.04%
  • Orange

2 8.70%
  • Swans

3 13.04%
  • Dees

5 21.74%
  • Aints.

7 30.43%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2024 - If we are IN, who is OUT??

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    N Daicos is an obvious jet and Quaynor is excellent as well (although he is loose when defending). I would have said J Daicos prior to Sept 2023 but his finals series was horrible (still a very good player). Draw the line there on their young talent - it's pretty thin.
    For mine :

Quaynor, J.Daicos, N.Daicos, Hill, McCreery - young guns

Lipinski - Needs good players around him, good on his day as we all know but is also a whipping boy for Pies supporters which says something, would still be in and out of the team at the Dogs imo.

Allan and MacRae are the other two - who could be but unknown at this stage and have yet to proven themselves

No idea on the rest of their young players, Krueger from what i've seen is ok but nothing special, Geelong went alot harder to keep Ratugolea than Krueger.

I still have them top 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    For mine :

Quaynor, J.Daicos, N.Daicos, Hill, McCreery - young guns

Lipinski - Needs good players around him, good on his day as we all know but is also a whipping boy for Pies supporters which says something, would still be in and out of the team at the Dogs imo.

Allan and MacRae are the other two - who could be but unknown at this stage and have yet to proven themselves

No idea on the rest of their young players, Krueger from what i've seen is ok but nothing special, Geelong went alot harder to keep Ratugolea than Krueger.

I still have them top 4
    What do we consider to be young? Hill feels young but he's 23 which is still kinda young but not really for non KPP. His 33 goals is impressive but that's padded a lot by his very good finals series and was just 23 in the regular season which is better for comparing with say Weightman who is also 23 and has kicked more goals than that every year from 2021 onwards.

Lipinksi is also 25 so not young by any football measure IMO. Quaynor is 24, J.Daicos 25 and McCreary 22. So these guys all should be around somewhere not far off their prime.

3. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

19 to 21 - anyone's guess, but obviously young
    22 to 25 - young but should be well established by the end of the bracket (injury or opportunity notwithstanding)
    26 to 29 - prime
    30+ - veteran

There's always crossover between the brackets, and outliers. Player profile impacts it as well (talls taking longer for instance), most players physically mature around 18-21 or thereabouts, but cognitively take a while longer (up to 24-25). So if you're not matured on both fronts and playing against people who are, then I guess you kind of have to be considered young?

There's absolute freak players that come along each year that buck the trends and get all the focus, we tend to forget how the journey usually plays out if players are able to stay in the system for a full career.

I read in another thread criticism of JUH and his effectiveness at 21, it may have been misconstrued at my end but the guy is just coming into the time where he should be establishing himself into a career and he's kicked 35-35 last year. On the other hand we've got Rhylee West coming into his sixth year and turning 24, moving into the area where he's got to be establishing himself or he'll be passed over unless kept for depth. To me Rhylee is still relatively young, but kind of isn't at the same time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes hujsh, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something is a bit stinky at Melbourne, if Oliver and Brayshaw don?t get on the park or continue to have limited pre seasons I can see them being the slider. They appear to have lost a lot of depth too in Grundy, Harmes, Jordan, Joel Smith etc

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As it stands right now (and it's early), 5 of the 6 teams we play twice this year are the top 5. The only team that isn't is north.

If we make finals this year we will certainly have earned it.