Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to for Riley Garcia?

Its so important that Garcia strings a number of games. His been on our list since 2019 draft pick 62, age 23 . Other than Smith , his one of young mids that need to come through and cement their spot. 20 games... the bench mark is 50 games I reckon for him to make it. He should be hitting his prime by then , .I hope...
    He has pace , agression and likes to compete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Its so important that Garcia strings a number of games. His been on our list since 2019 draft pick 62, age 23 . Other than Smith , his one of young mids that need to come through and cement their spot. 20 games... the bench mark is 50 games I reckon for him to make it. He should be hitting his prime by then , .I hope...
    He has pace , agression and likes to compete.
    Garcia has Lipinski vibes- I feel like someone else is going o snap him up due to lack of opportunity and he will turn into an excellent first choice player for them.

I am guessing Freo and WC would already be asking the question.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Garcia has Lipinski vibes- I feel like someone else is going o snap him up due to lack of opportunity and he will turn into an excellent first choice player for them.

It's an interesting comparison. I guess the point of difference is as much as we all liked dreamy Lipinski, his skillset and ability is something we have a surfeit of. Whereas Garcia has grunt and a bit of pace, two things we could really use.

At this stage I see us wanting to keep Garcia more so than we ever did SSPL.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on whether he gets consistent game time. If he can play like he did on the weekend/his vfl form it might not be a problem.

But if he is in and out then a team offering regular footy will be too hard to say no to (particularly if it is a WA team one would suspect). Lipinski was a dogs supporter and even he could not be convinced to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Hard to get opportunity if you are consistently injured though, that's the main difference between the two.
    Whenever he has been fit and has a decent run at it, he has found his way into the team.

I mean, the guy has only played 20 VFL games since 2020 also, that's 40 total games in 4 and a quarter seasons of footy.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garcia is our future Libba with more pace I be offering 2-3 years extension.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

9. Likes Scraggers, Dry Rot liked this post