Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate player ratings: Jon Ralph and Glenn McFarlane rate every Western Bulldogs player

Will be a fun season if Darcy and Sanders finish top 5 in the RS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate player ratings: Jon Ralph and Glenn McFarlane rate every Western Bulldogs player

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah Sanders just could be really really good, not a unicorn. I saw Read being referred to as a unicorn in draft coverage because of his particular skillset. TBH it's hard to imagine the term appying to anyone but a ruck sized player who can 'do it all'

If we're looking outside that maybe Pavlich would be one example? Elite Key Defender, Key Forward and Midfielder
    I remember the commentators losing it over Nik Cox as he's 200cm and can run.

To date he still hasn't shown he can actually run to where the ball is, nor do it for 23 weeks during a season.

JOD might be unicorn-ish if you consider he basically made himself into a senior AFL player as a Cat B rookie off no pre-season, dragged out of cricket nets a few weeks earlier. That's unheard of and any club that gets a best ~30 player on their list off the Cat B rookie list should be doing cartwheels. Especially a KPD given how few genuinely decent KPDs are floating around the AFL at the moment.

As an overall player though, there's one standout 'unicorn' for me in the AFL right now given his running ability, height and versatility - Mark Blicavs.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes hujsh, Sedat, bornadog, mjp liked this post