Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Woof Player Awards Rnd 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    I must have been at a different game. Take a look at Boyd's last quarter, terrible.
    He might have got some stats but he was far from our best.
    A few good tackles and a nice kick to Griffen that resulted in a goal. He turned the ball over a bit too much early in the game but I thought he was productive in the last quarter.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I must have been at a different game. Take a look at Boyd's last quarter, terrible.
    He might have got some stats but he was far from our best.
    Don't totally agree, but I do see your point. I think this week was a terribly difficult week to vote on as no one stood out for a prolonged period. Players had reasonable quarters or played in patches so it was a case of trying to remember just who did well & for how long.

This is one where I can see all 3 players who poll in the Brownlow all being Tigers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Don't totally agree, but I do see your point. I think this week was a terribly difficult week to vote on as no one stood out for a prolonged period. Players had reasonable quarters or played in patches so it was a case of trying to remember just who did well & for how long.

This is one where I can see all 3 players who poll in the Brownlow all being Tigers.
    I agree we didn't really have a winner on the day.
    I gave mine to Murp cos he brought us back into the game. Cross was consistent without being dominate. Minson played well in the last and Aker tried hard all day.

Post Thanks / Like

4. D. Cross
    3. R. Murphy
    2. C. Wight
    1. J. Akermanis

2. D. Addison
    1. R. Griffen

Post Thanks / Like

Not voting as I didn't see/hear the game - thankfully. Seems like a tough week to give votes.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Minson - his stat's just dont tell the whole story. His pressure and attack on the ball got us at least one other goal
    3. Akermanis - though he was great early, though faded a little in the seond half. wasn't his usual one touch game, but still found enough of the ball to be damaging
    2. Hahn - was really good through the middle part of the game, attacked and crash packs, chased etc. In the end he ran out of puff.
    1. Gilbee - mainly on account of his three goals

Pups

2. Addison - I though he was pretty good today. Fixed up McMahon pretty well early in the game and showed reasonable composure. Not a star, but probably the best of the pups.
    1. Griffen - mainly because no-one else really stood up. When he got it he used it pretty well, just didnt get it often enough.

lowedog Guest

I actually though Boyd was very poor. Chose too many poor options.
    4. Murphy
    3. Cross
    2. Minson
    1. Aker
    Couldn't agree more Ern. Thought it was his poorest game since stepping up in the main on ball rotation. Some of his decision making, especially near the end, was completely out of character.

lowedog Guest

I agree we didn't really have a winner on the day.
    I gave mine to Murp cos he brought us back into the game. Cross was consistent without being dominate. Minson played well in the last and Aker tried hard all day.
    not according to tim Watson. After chasing someone down the outer wing, but shepperded out of the contest, Timmy said he(Aker) didn't try and chase. Couldn't believe he said that. Very harsh, from a bloke that really made a career out of finishing off everyone else's hard work!

Post Thanks / Like

4. Cross - Thought he was terrific, chased, tackled, smothered, got the ball consistently.
    3. Akermanis- Great in the first quarter and the last...his finishing touches were crucial.
    2. Lake - A lot of important marks when needed - none more so than in the last 30 seconds!
    1. Cooney - Won the clearances. Played well when others were down in the middle of teh game.

RJ

1. Griffen - wasn't great - but did some timely things
    2. Addsion - just thinking about that brilliant handball on the back flank in teh second quarter.

Just one point - very surprised to see Hahn pop up in some votes. I though Mitch lowered his colours this round. Refused to give to teh first option - tried to take on the opposition too much when not called for and generally played selfish football. I know crash and bash is his go - but yesterday some of his attempts to take on tacklers were ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    4. Cross - Thought he was terrific, chased, tackled, smothered, got the ball consistently.
    3. Akermanis- Great in the first quarter and the last...his finishing touches were crucial.
    2. Lake - A lot of important marks when needed - none more so than in the last 30 seconds!
    1. Cooney - Won the clearances. Played well when others were down in the middle of teh game.

RJ

1. Griffen - wasn't great - but did some timely things
    2. Addsion - just thinking about that brilliant handball on the back flank in teh second quarter.

Just one point - very surprised to see Hahn pop up in some votes. I though Mitch lowered his colours this round. Refused to give to teh first option - tried to take on the opposition too much when not called for and generally played selfish football. I know crash and bash is his go - but yesterday some of his attempts to take on tacklers were ridiculous.
    Agree with Mitch playing selfish football yesterday. Seemed to self-destruct and just blaze away too many times.

Post Thanks / Like

Acka
    Murph
    Minno
    Lake

Felt like no 'pups' deserved votes today so they get none from me

Post Thanks / Like

4. Cross
    3. Boyd
    2. Cooney
    1. Akermanis

I know Boyd stuffed up a few times but I'd rather someone who has a crack and stuffs up than someone who plays safe and never makes a mistake.

Aker could have kicked 6. Josh Hill missed him from 20m away (not acceptable and doesn't fall under the 'have a crack' rule). Minson didn't use him and tried to do it all himself in the 3rd and someone else (Griffen maybe?) didn't give it off about 5 minutes later as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I know Boyd stuffed up a few times but I'd rather someone who has a crack and stuffs up than someone who plays safe and never makes a mistake.
    Couldn't agree more, Boyd made mistakes but with players like him and Morris I never question their desire, commitment or concentration.

Marmo:

4. Boyd
    3. Cross
    2. Murphy
    1. Minson

Pups:

2. Addison
    1. Griffen

Post Thanks / Like

4. Cross
    3. Aka
    2.Minson
    1.Murphy

2. Griffen
    1. Addison

Post Thanks / Like

Marmo:

4. Aker
    3. Cross
    2. Lake
    1. Minson

Pups:

2. Addison
    1. Griffen
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.