Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Afl - w 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afl - w 2024

Bulldogs appoint new GM of Women?s Football

The Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Patrice Berthold as our new General Manager Women?s Football.

A former cricketer in her home state of WA, Berthold brings a wealth of high-performance experience in elite sporting programs as well as executive acumen delivering major events.

While at Cricket Australia she headed up Team Operations, travelling with the women?s and men?s national teams, forging strong relationships with international associations and wrangling exceptionally complex logistics during Covid-affected times.

She then took up the role of GM Operations at the T20 World Cup, overseeing the tournament?s successful delivery in seven host cities across Australia. Most recently she held the position of Executive Director, Service Delivery for the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games.

?I?m thrilled that Patrice will be bringing her proven leadership in elite sporting environments, strategic nous and operational excellence to this crucial role,? said Chris Grant, Executive Director of Football.

?Her appointment is testament to the investment our Club is making in women?s football, and I look forward to working with her to shape and implement a vision for sustained success.

?Given the recent appointment of Tamara Hyett as our new Senior Coach, it?s a really exciting time for our W program.?

Berthold said she looked forward to the opportunity.

?I?m super excited to join the Western Bulldogs in what is an amazing time for the club, women?s football and women?s sport as a collective,? she said.

?It?s an incredible opportunity to come into the AFLW program at a time of reset and rebuild, and I am extremely confident with the group of players and staff we have.

?With support and backing from the top too, we can establish some really strong foundations in 2024 to set us up for long-term success both on and off the field.?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Prince Imperial thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we have pulled a real good one here.
    Looking at the women’s cricket teams success and her contact with men’s cricket could you get a more experienced person in bringing a team together to create excellence?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

She's certainly got a massive job. Good luck Patrice!

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes Patrice. We really have overhauled our AFLW team and management. Expecting a hungry, tenacious response by our AFLW team. Go girls!!!

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some very good news about Elsa's availability. She's a fine player and let's hope she continues to overcome her health challenges for her personally and the club.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...w-primary-list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Some very good news about Elsa's availability. She's a fine player and let's hope she continues to overcome her health challenges for her personally and the club.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...w-primary-list
    Hear hear. Great news. We really missed Browny in the backline. She?s a classy player.

Post Thanks / Like

Ellie Blackburn has signed on for another 4 seasons (until the end of 2027).

Saw her watching the men's team at the Eagles game which was nice.

10. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Ellie Blackburn has signed on for another 4 seasons (until the end of 2027).

Saw her watching the men's team at the Eagles game which was nice.
    Would just about have had to shut the place if Ellie left. I walked right past her at the Eagles game (and also Damien Oliver, a West Coast supporter being from Perth originally).

Post Thanks / Like

Blackburn a Bulldog for next four seasons

Ellie Blackburn has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs for the next four seasons.

The deal will see the three-time All Australian, five-time Club Champion and 2018 Premiership captain remain in the red, white and blue until at least the end of 2027.

Blackburn is the club?s current games record-holder, having played all 68 matches since being signed as a marquee player.

By the end of this contract, she will be completing her 12th season in the league.

?Being able to sign a long-term deal and commit to the club is something that I?m really proud of, and something that I?m really excited by,? Blackburn said.

?I?m really embedded here and I love the club ? what it is and who we are here. I really like the way we represent that and want to be part of that for the long term.?

Blackburn said the community in the west, as well as her drive to achieve team success, contributed to her decision to re-sign.

?What I love most about being a player here is just the way the community gets around our football club - running out onto Whitten Oval on a regular occasion is probably one of the most amazing feelings and experiences of my life,? she said.

?To know the rich history that this club has, and that it?s a family club is something that I?m really proud to be part of too.

?I love the way we operate as one - particularly in the women?s program being one of the first teams (in the AFLW competition). To be part of that is what drives my want to have more success here.

?I think the want for me is that premiership success again, and I want to do that with a group of people I?ve been playing with for a long time and particularly at this football club.?

Bulldogs? Head of List Management and Recruiting AFLW, Mick Sandry, said securing Blackburn?s services was a fantastic result.

?Having someone of Ellie?s calibre re-commit long-term is so important to shaping the future of where we are going as a group,? Sandry said.

?Ellie is a foundation member of this team and a premiership player, and continues to be a consistent performer.

?Her drive to continually take her football to another level, as well as help those around her succeed, makes her such an integral part of our football club.?

13. Thanks Hotdog60, Bulldog Joe thanked for this post
    Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news regarding Elle Blackburn. Hoping for some big positive signs this season from our girls. The new recruits should be exciting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Great news regarding Elle Blackburn. Hoping for some big positive signs this season from our girls. The new recruits should be exciting to watch.
    Love Elle, she must love the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they could only do year to year contracts.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I thought they could only do year to year contracts.
    Longer contracts have started happening in the last season or two.

No Ellie, no BulldogsW. Could not be a more important signing. I'd like to lock down Alice Edmonds and Issy Grant next.

Post Thanks / Like

Edmonds extends to 2026

Western Bulldogs ruck Alice Edmonds will continue to call Mission Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2026.

Western Bulldogs ruck Alice Edmonds will continue to call Mission Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2026.

The 25-year-old was initially signed as an injury replacement player after being delisted from Richmond prior to Season 6.

She enjoyed a breakout Season 7 which catapulted her into All Australian contention, also claiming runner-up in the Best and Fairest count as well as being named Most Improved Bulldog.

Edmonds said she was thankful for getting another opportunity at the Kennel.

“It’s been a pretty unique journey for me – from when I first got here to now – but it just gave me that extra drive and extra want,” she said.

“I just wanted to improve and be able to reach the top level, and being in this environment and at this club has really assisted with that.

“I’m always so grateful I got a second chance here and can’t wait to take it even further.”

Bulldogs’ Head of List Management and Recruiting AFLW, Mick Sandry, said he was pleased to lock in the emerging ruck.

“Since joining the Bulldogs, Alice’s rapid rise to one of the elite rucks in the competition is a credit to her work ethic and determination to improve her football,” Sandry said.

“She is an integral part of our midfield set up and we look forward to her continuing to take her game to new levels over the next few seasons.”

Link
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

19. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Three more for Georgostathis

Versatile Bulldog Elisabeth Georgostathis has put pen to paper on a three-year deal, keeping her in the red, white and blue until at least the end of 2026.

Versatile Bulldog Elisabeth Georgostathis has put pen to paper on a three-year deal, keeping her in the red, white and blue until at least the end of 2026.

The 22-year-old enjoyed a breakout 2023 campaign, averaging 17 touches, four marks and four tackles after a move to defence.

Those efforts saw her claim a career-high second place in the Best and Fairest count.

Georgostathis said she was excited to be staying at the Kennel and in the west.

“I think we’re creating something really special here,” she said.

“Obviously we have had a bit of change in the list, but to see some new faces and new coaches with Tam coming in – I’m just super excited to see what we can do over the next few years.

“Having played with the VU Western Spurs and also the Western Jets – it’s been great to stay on this side (of the city) and be close to home.

“Staying connected in the community here is really cool.”

Bulldogs’ Head of List Management and Recruiting AFLW, Mick Sandry, said Georgostathis will continue to play an important role in the club's future growth.

“Liz has been a strong and consistent contributor to our team over the last five seasons,” Sandry said.

“Coming off her best season yet in 2023, extending her contract out for the next three seasons is an important part of the growth of our young list.”

Link
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

21. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, azabob liked this post