Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre Season Prediction : 2024 Best and Fairest Top 10

Ok it's the off season. So nothing like putting your creds on the line at this time of year right?

I reckon I can pick the top 10 of the best and fairest, I've collated all the data, I've consulted all the experts, I've had lengthy discussions with Microsoft Co-Pilot, Chat GPT, Google Bard and my dog and (insert montage here) spent many long nights formulating who I think will be the best 10 players for the Dogs in 2024 according to the coaches!

So I'll show you mine, you show me yours WOOFERS....! Pick it apart, who would you remove/include?

So...without further ado.

#1 - Ed Richards. It's time, he polls well and I reckon he will thrive under Pratt. He's reaching peak age and just seems to be improving exponentially each season. His toughness, clean skills, speed and penetrating kicking are eye catching and such as huge asset for us. Press RED FOR ED in 24.

#2 - Marcus Bontempelli. If he doesn't win it he comes second he's just that good and if he isn't up here in the top 2 then he's injured so I can't think about that!

#3 - Liam Jones. Looks primed for a big season and I'd say without the injury last season he's top 2. Again think Pratt will be a re-energising factor and if we have 2 out of our top 3 places being defenders I think we finish top 4.

#4 - Aaron Naughton. I get the feeling Naughty is going to explode one year, and this just might be it. I'm thinking 50+ goals and a ton of other work in the forward half and a really high finish in the b and f.

#5 - Jack Macrae. Jack's back. Well that's what we will be saying in October right? He plays where he is meant to and this guy just gets the job done. He will consistently rack them up and do his job so I expect a big return to form for Jacko.

#6 - Tom Liberatore. Bit low you say? Not sure Tom can continue on forever at the amazing pace he has set, plus with Harmes and maybe Sanders doing a bit more of the inside work I can see Tom, whilst still being insanely brilliant, maybe shouldering less of the load this season just dropping him back a little in the accumulation of votes. He will still be up in the rarefied air though.

#7 - Tim English. Same spot as 2023. I think if the AA year gets 7th, then he may not be a big b and f vote getter. Super important though and if he can repeat his form of 23 we will be right up there in the mix.

#8 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan. Tenth in 2023, I think his improvement has been pretty linear and I expect that to continue in 24. Hopefully a renewed focus on goal-kicking will assist him to rise up the b and f rankings and there would be no surprise to me if he was able to finish top 5.

#9 - Riley Sanders - Yep, I'm getting sucked in to the hype. He looks all class, I think with Baz out he plays most games and if the pre-season match sims are anything to go by he is an eye catching type that will attract votes. It's probably my most outlandish prediction, and means someone very experienced has to miss but I'm going with it!

#10 - Bailey Dale - Another defender! It was between Treloar, Daniel and Dale for the last spot and I've gone Dale due to his ability to slice teams open and create scoring opportunities. With our poor rebound 50 game last season I think it will be a real emphasis for us and this guy is one of the main men in this regard. So he gets the nod for tenth.

Give me your thoughts!

2. Thanks GVGjr, Dancin' Douggy, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre Season Prediction : 2024 Best and Fairest Top 10

#1 Bontempelli
    #2 English
    #3 Ugle-Hagan
    #4 Liberatore
    #5 L.Jones
    #6 Richards
    #7 Treloar
    #8 Weightman
    #9 Naughton
    10# Daniel
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

4. Likes bornadog, Uninformed, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s Bont and if you pick anyone else you’re lying to yourself.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes EasternWest, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ok it's the off season. So nothing like putting your creds on the line at this time of year right?

I reckon I can pick the top 10 of the best and fairest, I've collated all the data, I've consulted all the experts, I've had lengthy discussions with Microsoft Co-Pilot, Chat GPT, Google Bard and my dog and (insert montage here) spent many long nights formulating who I think will be the best 10 players for the Dogs in 2024 according to the coaches!

So I'll show you mine, you show me yours WOOFERS....! Pick it apart, who would you remove/include?

So...without further ado.

#1 - Ed Richards. It's time, he polls well and I reckon he will thrive under Pratt. He's reaching peak age and just seems to be improving exponentially each season. His toughness, clean skills, speed and penetrating kicking are eye catching and such as huge asset for us. Press RED FOR ED in 24.

#2 - Marcus Bontempelli. If he doesn't win it he comes second he's just that good and if he isn't up here in the top 2 then he's injured so I can't think about that!

#3 - Liam Jones. Looks primed for a big season and I'd say without the injury last season he's top 2. Again think Pratt will be a re-energising factor and if we have 2 out of our top 3 places being defenders I think we finish top 4.

#4 - Aaron Naughton. I get the feeling Naughty is going to explode one year, and this just might be it. I'm thinking 50+ goals and a ton of other work in the forward half and a really high finish in the b and f.

#5 - Jack Macrae. Jack's back. Well that's what we will be saying in October right? He plays where he is meant to and this guy just gets the job done. He will consistently rack them up and do his job so I expect a big return to form for Jacko.

#6 - Tom Liberatore. Bit low you say? Not sure Tom can continue on forever at the amazing pace he has set, plus with Harmes and maybe Sanders doing a bit more of the inside work I can see Tom, whilst still being insanely brilliant, maybe shouldering less of the load this season just dropping him back a little in the accumulation of votes. He will still be up in the rarefied air though.

#7 - Tim English. Same spot as 2023. I think if the AA year gets 7th, then he may not be a big b and f vote getter. Super important though and if he can repeat his form of 23 we will be right up there in the mix.

#8 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan. Tenth in 2023, I think his improvement has been pretty linear and I expect that to continue in 24. Hopefully a renewed focus on goal-kicking will assist him to rise up the b and f rankings and there would be no surprise to me if he was able to finish top 5.

#9 - Riley Sanders - Yep, I'm getting sucked in to the hype. He looks all class, I think with Baz out he plays most games and if the pre-season match sims are anything to go by he is an eye catching type that will attract votes. It's probably my most outlandish prediction, and means someone very experienced has to miss but I'm going with it!

#10 - Bailey Dale - Another defender! It was between Treloar, Daniel and Dale for the last spot and I've gone Dale due to his ability to slice teams open and create scoring opportunities. With our poor rebound 50 game last season I think it will be a real emphasis for us and this guy is one of the main men in this regard. So he gets the nod for tenth.

Give me your thoughts!
    I was just going to say Ed Richards from 1-10, but yours is probably better.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    #1 Bontempelli
    #2 English
    #3 Ugle-Hagan
    #4 Liberatore
    #5 L.Jones
    #6 Richards
    #7 Treloar
    #8 Weightman
    #9 Naughton
    10# Daniel
    No Dale - very interesting. Bont can't win it every year can he!!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Haha - he's second that means Ed has been sooooo good that he pips Bont by 1 vote due to already having tied up a top 4 spot and Marcus being managed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It's Bont then it's daylight then anyone else.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Ok for the sake of discussion - let's just say who is going to come 2-10 considering Marcus has it already !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No Dale - very interesting. Bont can't win it every year can he!!?
    I've re-looked this over and and to me it's Richards not Dale for the top 10 in terms of defenders. Perhaps Dale for Daniel makes more sense.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I've re-looked this over and and to me it's Richards not Dale for the top 10 in terms of defenders. Perhaps Dale for Daniel makes more sense.
    I think your original is fine, Dale wasn't in the greatest form at times last year so it's certainly a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba
    Bont
    Marra(60 goals)
    English
    Richards
    Cody (40 plus goals)
    Naughts
    Jones
    Harmes
    JJ

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PR0408 View Post
    Libba
    Bont
    Marra(60 goals)
    English
    Richards
    Cody (40 plus goals)
    Naughts
    Jones
    Harmes
    JJ
    Marra 60 goals nice!

Cody that's not a bad inclusion, he's primed.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bontempelli - wins by a fair margin and Brownlow fancy

2. English
    3. Liberatore
    4. Richards
    5. Sanders
    6. Ugle-Hagan
    7. Macrae
    8. Weightman
    9. Naughton
    10. Jones

20. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kllay4 View Post
    1. Bontempelli - wins by a fair margin and Brownlow fancy

2. English
    3. Liberatore
    4. Richards
    5. Sanders
    6. Ugle-Hagan
    7. Macrae
    8. Weightman
    9. Naughton
    10. Jones
    Like it k4, Sanders in 5th now that would be some first season. He'd be a lock for the rising star. Nice to see Weightman getting a few nominations.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont
    2. Richards
    3. Libba
    4. Naughton
    5. Williams
    6. Macrae
    7. JJ
    8. O'Donnell
    9. L Jones
    10. Daniel
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.