Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D Hannebery - time does not heal all wounds

And Clay?s goal-minimal head contact was there, yes he made sure ump knew as most would. Boo hoo swans. Umps missed a few for us too. Wasn?t the difference between winning & losing though.

Post Thanks / Like

Longmire and DH have been at it for years since the defeat, at every opportunity trying to rewrite history. It’s turning into a case of if someone repeats something enough, it makes it true.

Absolute sooks. I am glad it burns them.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

3. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I could be wrong but the only free kicks that lead directly to goals I believe were Cordy's first which was HTB every day of the week and twice on Sundays and Boyd taking the advantage after another blatantly obvious HTB for Morris on Buddy.

I'm not even sure what the Rampe one was but if we ended up with a goal I don't believe it was a direct result of the decision.
    The iffy free was to Clay Smith for very light contact high.
    The Rampe one indirectly led to a shot from close in that Macrae missed as I recall it.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The Rampe one indirectly led to a shot from close in that Macrae missed as I recall it.
    Ah missed that one. So 1 iffy free that resulted in a goal - there would be at least 1 in every single game played in history!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    No, the rampe one led to a kick inside 50 where Smith got the iffy free. 2 iffy frees leading to 1 goal!

The Smith one was there though. I mean, there wasn't much in it but there was high contact.

The Rampe one upon looking back at it looked harsh. But then, I'd like to know how htb was judged back then. It changes every bloody round let alone season so its hard to judge watching 7 years later. He took several players on but eventually got rid of it. If you took on 2 players without disposing of it, was it htb back in 2016?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Longmire and DH have been at it for years since the defeat, at every opportunity trying to rewrite history. It’s turning into a case of if someone repeats something enough, it makes it true.

Absolute sooks. I am glad it burns them.
    Longmire created a victim mentality that lingers to this day.
    Inspired leadership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Longmire created a victim mentality that lingers to this day.
    Inspired leadership.
    The amount of game defining plays we had that day compared to them yet they should've won because they got a few stiff calls and had a couple guys carrying injuries.

Victim mentality 101.

To add, I've had it said to me that if Buddy hadn't rolled his ankle he wouldn't have been tackled by Morris. Again, Morris had a broken back yet still managed to lay the tackle.

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The amount of game defining plays we had that day compared to them yet they should've won because they got a few stiff calls and had a couple guys carrying injuries.

Victim mentality 101.

To add, I've had it said to me that if Buddy hadn't rolled his ankle he wouldn't have been tackled by Morris. Again, Morris had a broken back yet still managed to lay the tackle.
    It's an echo chamber filled by the void of small club hypo presence in main steam media. Yes I made that term up

Where's comrade!

Post Thanks / Like

The free kick count was 20 to 8 but I can remember one of the 8 was completely the wrong call.

Qtr 1 Naismith leads with a foot to JJs chest, for a loose ball,and gets a free for JJ trying to defend himself by pushing the foot away.
    Should have been a free to JJ for rough play.

Happened RIGHT in front of me
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

better call a WHHAAAAAAAAAAAA-bulance.

There's no doubt that some decisions were wrong, and we certainly did get a good rub of the green, but you make your own luck, every single premiership win has a series of lucky moments throughout the whole season, to be honest Dan as it turned out, the reason we won was we had more ticker than the swans which got us over the line.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're wrong in their assessments but honestly we are kidding ourselves if we don't think as supporters we wouldn't be carrying the same negative thoughts or having whinge from time to time about all the what if scenario's had we lost that GF and the only reason why our GF loss in 21 isn't a bigger deal for many of our supporters is that we had won one in 16.

It's natural to think back in heartbreaking losses and focus on missed opportunities.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

21 is an interesting one, we have literally nothing to blame other than our own ineptness. I disagree though that it isnt a big deal, it's still brought up frequently here in that the same problems that occurred in the last 30 minutes of that game continue to happen every 2nd week.

Lets hope its finally addressed this year.

Post Thanks / Like

21 we got smashed after halftime , no matter how one eyed you are they belted us fair and square.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Classic.

Send to DH.
    W00F!