Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D Hannebery - time does not heal all wounds

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    21 we got smashed after halftime , no matter how one eyed you are they belted us fair and square.
    Luckily for us we dropped our bundle in a year where the premiership didn't count. We at least won a real flag. Imagine if we'd have lost 16 but won 21 instead. We can pretend it's a real flag all we want but deep down we'd all know it was like an ansett cup. A tier above aflx at least. Hope that makes any demon fans reading this feel a little better.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are they actually even talking about it , it’s 7 years ago.
    Are they going to bring out a Collingwood player next who claims the ball was out when Harmes knocked it back or Tony liberatore on the prelim goal that wasn’t given ?
    It’s not going to change anything so many years ago.
    All players who lost a grand final will be disappointed or you wouldn’t be playing the game.
    Nonsense stuff.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Luckily for us we dropped our bundle in a year where the premiership didn't count. We at least won a real flag. Imagine if we'd have lost 16 but won 21 instead. We can pretend it's a real flag all we want but deep down we'd all know it was like an ansett cup. A tier above aflx at least. Hope that makes any demon fans reading this feel a little better.
    Haha sadly I would be surprised if any Melbourne supporters are on here.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think they're wrong in their assessments but honestly we are kidding ourselves if we don't think as supporters we wouldn't be carrying the same negative thoughts or having whinge from time to time about all the what if scenario's had we lost that GF and the only reason why our GF loss in 21 isn't a bigger deal for many of our supporters is that we had won one in 16.

It's natural to think back in heartbreaking losses and focus on missed opportunities.
    The only real "costly" call in that whole game was the JJ overrule. That would have been criminal. Incorrectly overturning a call through review at that stage of the game.
    I still get angry watching that.....

Thankfully our half blind ruckman marked the resulting kickout. I'm not sure how he did that though given DH logic suggests injured players cost them a flag. Strange. Someone better tell him about Nigel Lappin too.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha sadly I would be surprised if any Melbourne supporters are on here.
    Tell your friends.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're wrong in their assessments but honestly we are kidding ourselves if we don't think as supporters we wouldn't be carrying the same negative thoughts or having whinge from time to time about all the what if scenario's had we lost that GF and the only reason why our GF loss in 21 isn't a bigger deal for many of our supporters is that we had won one in 16.

It's natural to think back in heartbreaking losses and focus on missed opportunities.
    This is exactly what make it delicious: It didn't happen to us.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Does DH stand for Dick-Head?

Only just catching up on this. Funny they’ve still got a need to ask / comment / run with this narrative all these years later. Still, don’t mind it as it just makes me reflect on the day and how bloody awesome it was. Standing on my chair yelling “overturn that one” after Boyd kicked his goal a lasting memory - and probably a result of the biggest and potentially game changing umpiring miss from the day (JJ’s overturned goal) which doesn’t get hardly enough airtime.

9. Likes Dogs 24/7, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Only just catching up on this. Funny they’ve still got a need to ask / comment / run with this narrative all these years later. Still, don’t mind it as it just makes me reflect on the day and how bloody awesome it was. Standing on my chair yelling “overturn that one” after Boyd kicked his goal a lasting memory - and probably a result of the biggest and potentially game changing umpiring miss from the day (JJ’s overturned goal) which doesn’t get hardly enough airtime.
    Back on the early '80s I was at a training session when there was a huge downpour. They opened up the dressing room for the dozen or so supporters who were there because there was nowhere to go to get away from the rain outside.

Anyway I played cricket with the team manager and he asked me to make myself useful and get the cards that marked the players' attendance at training, it was sort of like a school roll call.

So I went and got it and next to each player listed it also had their initials. Next to Doug Hawkins initials someone had placed an asterisk and at the bottom they had written "Also answers to the name 'Dick Head' "
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Thanks Go_Dogs, Mofra thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Only just catching up on this. Funny they’ve still got a need to ask / comment / run with this narrative all these years later.
    Well what else are they gonna ask him about? All that awesome footy he played after 2016?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes hujsh, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the interview and there really isn't a lot in what he said. The article focuses on a couple of the headline comments.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the interview and there really isn't a lot in what he said. The article focuses on a couple of the headline comments.
    Even in the article I read he said we'd been playing amazing football all finals.

I think what's bad is the AFL legitimised the sooking, albeit, by only conceding four decisions were incorrect including a couple of non-decisions for sliding and the ramp holding the ball.

The AFL backed the decision to overturn JJs goal.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...2dc8b60ec163ea

In 2012 the Swans won the GF in a close one against the Hawks, even though they lost the free kick count by 11. Free kicks (a few less to us, a few more to them) may have kept it marginally closer for a while in 2016, but we were always going to win it.
    Last edited by jeemak; 11-02-2024 at 06:41 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a really intense aporophobic sentiment since we won the flag that the media has worked out and endeavours to tap into.

The bourgeoisie like to keep their foot on the working classes and when they bleed too high through the ceiling the sentiment shifts.

17. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Even in the article I read he said we'd been playing amazing football all finals.

I think what's bad is the AFL legitimised the sooking, albeit, by only conceding four decisions were incorrect including a couple of non-decisions for sliding and the ramp holding the ball.

The AFL backed the decision to overturn JJs goal.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...2dc8b60ec163ea

In 2012 the Swans won the GF in a close one against the Hawks, even though they lost the free kick count by 11. Free kicks may have kept it closer for a while in 2016, but we were always going to win it.
    Yes, he said we were the playing the best football. He even thought highly that Easton Wood reached out to him given his injury.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Tell your friends.
    Being a braybrook boy I’ve never known a Melbourne supporter. It was basically dogs or pies back then with a couple of Italian blues supporters.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Being a braybrook boy I’ve never known a Melbourne supporter. It was basically dogs or pies back then with a couple of Italian blues supporters.
    Same as living in Yarraville. Although there was one kid around the corner who was related to a Melbourne player called Gary Hardiman who is the only Melbourne supporter who was a friend of mine.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.