• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.85%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 5.56%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Hand on heart, I'd rather Lobb as our no 1 ruckman on $500k in 2025 over English on $1m, with Marra and Smith locked away on new contracts.

I know this particular bandwagon would have a lot of spare seats.
    No I can see why you would think that. I just disagree.

I'd rather Daniel and Garcia in the ruck if it guaranteed I wouldn't have to see English or Lobb again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hand on heart, I'd rather Lobb as our no 1 ruckman on $500k in 2025 over English on $1m, with Marra and Smith locked away on new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm in the seat beside you mate.

4. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'd rather Daniel and Garcia in the ruck if it guaranteed I wouldn't have to see English or Lobb again.
    If there was a way to transport peak Ed Barlow back onto the list as 2nd ruck/follower, I'd be all over that bandwagon as well. Of course peak Ed Barlow was about a 3 week stretch in 2011 and was never seen or heard again.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb as ruck, Sam Darcy as back up with Naughton playing in defence and we can start having some fun.

8. Likes Sedat, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Lobb as ruck, Sam Darcy as back up with Naughton playing in defence and we can start having some fun.
    And maybe a serious crack at Nank in the next 18 months when Richmond really hit the wall and completely bottom out (as well as keeping on drafting at least one ruck prospect every year).

Lobb was excellent in R23 against Geelong at Pissant Park last year - one swallow doesn't make a summer but faced with football mortality, I reckon Lobb would step up big time. English at the start of a fat contract worth $1m plus per year for multiple years simply won't be as dog-hungry in 2025.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And maybe a serious crack at Nank in the next 18 months when Richmond really hit the wall and completely bottom out (as well as keeping on drafting at least one ruck prospect every year).
    Has Nank got many seasons left in him? He will be 30 in August and I'm just not sure his crash and bash style will allow him to play into his mid 30s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm in the seat beside you mate.
    Me too Sedat. Wed have some spare cash to buy an ice cream or two too.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Has Nank got many seasons left in him? He will be 30 in August and I'm just not sure his crash and bash style will allow him to play into his mid 30s.
    Goldy looked alright for an almost 36yo on the weekend. Rucks can go well into their mid 30's.

Probably all a moot point with English more than likely staying on very big money. I hope he can finally find that week to week consistent strength and willingness to body his opponent at 27yo. If Lethal's scathing commentary about him on the weekend doesn't sting him into action, I'm not sure anything will - not everyday that an AFEL legend openly questions your courage and competitive spirit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm over defending English.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goldy looked alright for an almost 36yo on the weekend. Rucks can go well into their mid 30's.

Probably all a moot point with English more than likely staying on very big money. I hope he can finally find that week to week consistent strength and willingness to body his opponent at 27yo. If Lethal's scathing commentary about him on the weekend doesn't sting him into action, I'm not sure anything will - not everyday that an AFEL legend openly questions your courage and competitive spirit.
    Matt Rendell was talking about the Pies looking at Tim in his draft year a while back. His competitiveness was questioned at that age.

18. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Matt Rendell was talking about the Pies looking at Tim a while back. His competitiveness was questioned at that age.
    This was obvious as far back as 2019, but at the time his youth (understandably) was seen as the key factor in his inability at the time to compete and body opposition ruckmen at stoppages. This willingness to body and relentlessly compete hasn't improved much if we are honest.

My personal opinion only, we backed the wrong horse 5 years ago to plough games into English as no.1 ruck, and not consistently support him with a big bodied ruckman so he could organically develop in his more natural position of no.2 ruck/forward. The one time we relented with Stef Martin in 2021, we started 6-0 (until Martin was injured) and then nearly pinched a flag when he returned for the PF/GF. In those first 2 finals in 2021, we even openly preferred Lewis Young to ruck, such was the lack of faith in English to get it done.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep-on the money again Sedat. I said it elsewhere. It?s a sunk cost bias now, heads on chopping blocks - either we stuffed up or continue with ostrich approach. Really wish we bite the bullet and admit error. Even if it costs some senior folks their jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

He's just too nice. He's who you want your daughter to bring home not ruck for your life.
    The curse is dead.

22. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's cute that you believe Tim knows who Leigh Matthews is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He's just too nice. He's who you want your daughter to bring home not ruck for your life.
    After his first on the ground post match interview I wanted to introduce him to my nanna.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

25. Likes chef liked this post