• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.85%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 5.56%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2Koly View Post
    $1.1 is fair given he is a all Aus. As others have said, I am more worried about length of deal than money given his concussion issues.

I wish we did it like the NFL where you guarantee a portion of the money rather than the length of the deal. Somethings like $5.5mil over 5 years with $3.5mil guaranteed.
    Agree with this. Surprised if we don?t head the NFL way given the risk of debilitating injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think you have to go ?1.2m, but on a 3 year deal. If he is still the main man and output hasn't dropped off etc great, but the money has to be there for him.
    Yeh I agree - I?d be happy w a slightly higher salary for a shorter period. Yes there is a risk that he is worth more at the end of the contract but historically it seems high value long term contracts don?t pay off.

I personally don?t rate a ruckman as a role that needs a star - I?d prefer to have a second string - good tap ruckman - to have a marquee top 5 (in role) player at both ends of the ground

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If we win �� this year it will provide some solace if he decides to leave for a humongous offer we choose not to match, and in return gain a really high draft pick (1 to 4) plus optimistically a little extra on top of that.
    If we win the flag this year we will likely end up with a pick in the early 20s under that scenario. The only way to get a pick(s) better than one linked to your ladder position is to match the bid and force a trade.
    Last edited by Axe Man; 19-02-2024 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If we win the flag this year we will likely end up with a pick in the early 20s under that scenario. The only was to get a pick(s) better than one linked to your ladder position is to match the bid and force a trade.
    Thx Axe-let?s hope we are in that conundrum or Tim wants to contribute to back to back flags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    The Collingwood 2023 premiership team could also be used to argue you don't need a dominant CHF or FF either.

A lot of WOOFers were lamenting in 2021 that that Melbourne only won the Premiership because of their ruck dominance.

It is pretty much universally accepted that without Tom Boyd we don't win the 2016 Premiership.

WOOF members voted Tim as our third best player last year behind Bont and Libba. If he stays fit he is likely to be the dominant ruckman of the next 6 years.

We should absolutely offer him his market value. If West Coke make an offer that we can't match without blowing up our salary cap, then that's a different story. But if Tim wants to stay and we lose him because our offer is inadequate, it will be looked back upon as an atrocious decision.
    Collingwood won the premiership cos Maynard KOed Brayshaw and got away with it.
    Melbourne won the premiership because their 2nd ruck got on top, hardly played a good game since.
    Boyd was also our 2nd ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    Surely both Tim and the Club can meet in the middle of the pay scale. His manger would want heaps and the club would want a lot less so
    somewhere in the middle seems fair for the time we?ve put into him and what he is starting to deliver for us.

He's not Jesus. If he were we'd really struggle to fit him under the salary cap.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit less concerned after seeing Lobb/Darcy today. I'd offer him whatevers fair and not try to match anything significantly higher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Bit less concerned after seeing Lobb/Darcy today. I'd offer him whatevers fair and not try to match anything significantly higher
    Which of those 2 are gonna put together an All Australian season in the next couple of years?

9. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Which of those 2 are gonna put together an All Australian season in the next couple of years?

I don't think an A.A ruckman is a requirement for success.

English is a weird ruckman. Doesn't do the meat and potatoes part so well. He can be towelled up by bad players even in an A.A year.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's try and get Darcy through the next few weeks without rupturing a spleen or coming down with some obscure injury before we ask him to carry the ruck with Lobb.

Yesterday was promising from each of those players but neither stood out to me as top three in the competition for hitouts to advantage like Tim was last year, let alone All Australian for the myriad other attributes he brought to the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    If all we wanted was AA then great. I barrack for the team not the individual players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Let's try and get Darcy through the next few weeks without rupturing a spleen or coming down with some obscure injury before we ask him to carry the ruck with Lobb.

Yesterday was promising from each of those players but neither stood out to me as top three in the competition for hitouts to advantage like Tim was last year, let alone All Australian for the myriad other attributes he brought to the game.
    ATM English is the one that was most recently injured. Last year was probably his first he got through without an injury. Touch wood.
    Again couldn’t care less about individual stats or awards. Caleb Daniel can ruck if we win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    ATM English is the one that was most recently injured. Last year was probably his first he got through without an injury. Touch wood.
    Again couldn’t care less about individual stats or awards. Caleb Daniel can ruck if we win.
    I'm not sure you can compare his recent run with Darcy's but if you want to that's fine.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's not Jesus. If he were we'd really struggle to fit him under the salary cap.
    Well, as Jock said in 'The Club':

"With the team we'll have next year Jesus Christ would be flat out making the reserves!"
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

17. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes Prince Imperial, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, as Jock said in 'The Club':

"With the team we'll have next year Jesus Christ would be flat out making the reserves!"
    I hope Timmy's sister has legs...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes Prince Imperial, mjp, jeemak, Sedat liked this post