Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFL Captains

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Bont clearly the man. Don’t mind the list, Toby Greene I’ll never get around but gee, he’s done well to get so many admirers.

Oscar Allen rated so poorly in excellent banter for me to share with a few Perth based mates.
    Sign of the times. He’s a poster boy for contrarian culture wars types. Media has worked tirelessly to recast and rehab his image.

And folk who are happy to ignore character and just frame things around footy and on field performance, which I can understand.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

2. Likes Go_Dogs, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Sign of the times. He’s a poster boy for contrarian culture wars types. Media has worked tirelessly to recast and rehab his image.

And folk who are happy to ignore character and just frame things around footy and on field performance, which I can understand.
    He has a lot of old school influential footy types in the media in his corner; that's had a big say I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why he didn't include the co-captains in the list if he's going to rank all of the captains. Z Merrett seems high, maybe I'm biased but I don't rate him, certainly not above Steele as both a footballer and captain, Steele has at least proved himself in that position.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post