• I'm in "Camp OUT"

2 5.56%
  • I'm in "Camp PROVE IT"

19 52.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you in Camp "IN", Camp "OUT" or Camp "PROVE IT"

It's been an off-season of change.

We had a review, there is a new footy structure off the field and new assistant coaches, new S+C head with a revised approach, full-time at the Whitten Oval rather than flip-flopping between home and Braybrook...not to mention reports of an emphasis on speed of ball movement and team based defending from those attending training.

My question is simple:

- Are you IN? This means you are convinced the changes are all for the better and we are Top 4 bound.
    - Are you OUT? This means you still think the 'big problem' remains (the coach) and there will most likely be a performance based coaching change either during this season itself or at the end of the 2024 season. Finals? LOL!
    - Are you in 'Team Prove It'. You have been burnt before (specifically in 2022 and 2023) and whilst you are hopeful, you just can't get truly on board the train until you see proof of the changes on the field.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you in Camp "IN", Camp "OUT" or Camp "PROVE IT"

Very much camp prove it but I'm agnostic.

3. Likes EasternWest, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sceptical, but I'm in. What's the point of it all if you aren't prepared to go along for the ride?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I am always IN - the supreme optimist

Some great off field changes, new facilities, no excuses.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve talked myself into far worse Bulldogs teams being in. I’ll never be out.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes EasternWest, bornadog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm camp prove it... As much talent as we've ever had access to, but we've been ''smelly'' the last 2 seasons and I want to see performances to match the talent before I start spruiking us as a top 4 team.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the changes in concept but it all means nothing until we see it translate to something on-field. We've had good vibes and talk of top 4 plenty in recent history so I'm not sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It's been an off-season of change.

We had a review, there is a new footy structure off the field and new assistant coaches, new S+C head with a revised approach, full-time at the Whitten Oval rather than flip-flopping between home and Braybrook...not to mention reports of an emphasis on speed of ball movement and team based defending from those attending training.

My question is simple:

- Are you IN? This means you are convinced the changes are all for the better and we are Top 4 bound.
    - Are you OUT? This means you still think the 'big problem' remains (the coach) and there will most likely be a performance based coaching change either during this season itself or at the end of the 2024 season. Finals? LOL!
    - Are you in 'Team Prove It'. You have been burnt before (specifically in 2022 and 2023) and whilst you are hopeful, you just can't get truly on board the train until you see proof of the changes on the field.
    I'm in the IN camp with a bullet. We should be expecting silverware this year and contending for it for the next 3-5 years minimum.

If it all goes belly-up this year, at least we died on our feet this season instead of living on our knees like we have done the past 2 years.

There is no guarantee for success of course, but we must show absolute single-minded intent in our pursuit of it - I don't think the entire organisation from the president down to the boot-studder showed that unrelenting intent to get better after the self-destruction in the last 40 minutes of 2021 (when we were honestly on the cusp of football greatness - that lost premiership would have been the stuff of folklore after all the obstacles put in our path during that finals series). Credit to everyone involved, we have been extremely proactive in striving for excellence this off-season. As I said at the time, the deep shame of that West Coast loss left the club with nowhere to hide, and the call has been heeded.

Pendlebury just won a flag at 36yo. We have Bont for another 8-9 years at the same level - IMO we simply have to cash in, and no reason why it shouldn't start with 2024.
    Last edited by Sedat; 21-02-2024 at 03:00 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes Uninformed, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont trust this group so im in the prove it camp.
    The curse is dead.

14. Likes EasternWest, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in, i believe what has happened with the review and changes is what had to happen to take the next step, things clearly weren't right with what was happening, Bevo is obviously a very good coach but just needed to be stripped back a bit with responsibilities and mindset freshened up, it kind of reminds me a bit of what was going on with Geelong mid 2000's with Bomber and a lot of supporters were frustrated with him and the direction they were heading before a big review of their club, the rest has been history, now i'm not saying we'll win 3 Premierships (although it would ne nice) but with all in place now with a clear view and mindset, fresh faces (Bubba, we all love ya but time was probably right for change) i reckon things will head north for us, as a team we finally have a real structure in place with a real spine and real key position players not having to punch above their weight or height, still development left with certain players and things just have to click into place, the seeds have been planted.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reluctantly in the out camp, with the proviso that I think we've made some really good moves in the off season.
    My concern, which hasn't changed for a long time, is that our defence just doesn't cut the mustard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    we've been ''smelly'' the last 2 seasons.
    I've not seen a more appropriate description of these last two years than this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Sedat, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prove it.

There's a positive feeling around pre-season, but there was last year too. We faced some adversity in 2023, but again, so does every club. We also had the best player in the game running through the middle, an All Australian ruck and our side looked great on paper for most of the season.

Time for this group and this coach to put up or shut up.

20. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm reluctantly in the out camp, with the proviso that I think we've made some really good moves in the off season.
    My concern, which hasn't changed for a long time, is that our defence just doesn't cut the mustard.
    The one area I am worried about
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I get hooked every year. I?m all IN!
    I think there is enough improvement naturally in the forwards to make us 2 goals better. Midfield is better than serviceable, with more focus on quick movement and bursting forward to aid the forwards. I think Pratt will work wonders with team defence, not just the back 6. Should save us 2 goals a game, I know that?s really quite a generalist statement. I?m coming into the season confident!

23. Likes EasternWest liked this post