2 5.56%
  • I'm in "Camp PROVE IT"

19 52.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you in Camp "IN", Camp "OUT" or Camp "PROVE IT"

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It's been an off-season of change.

We had a review, there is a new footy structure off the field and new assistant coaches, new S+C head with a revised approach, full-time at the Whitten Oval rather than flip-flopping between home and Braybrook...not to mention reports of an emphasis on speed of ball movement and team based defending from those attending training.

My question is simple:

- Are you IN? This means you are convinced the changes are all for the better and we are Top 4 bound.
    - Are you OUT? This means you still think the 'big problem' remains (the coach) and there will most likely be a performance based coaching change either during this season itself or at the end of the 2024 season. Finals? LOL!
    - Are you in 'Team Prove It'. You have been burnt before (specifically in 2022 and 2023) and whilst you are hopeful, you just can't get truly on board the train until you see proof of the changes on the field.
    Everyone should be in the "Team Prove it" because;

1. Dogs supporters should always be skeptical/pessimistic about everything.
    2. How would anyone know if the changes are going to work or not at this point in time?

Post Thanks / Like

I am camp in, my only concern is the same as a lot of posters . The run ons against us.
    If the defence works we will be extremely hard to beat.
    New coaches and reshuffle is very positive, reviews and adjustments should be done every year.
    If we don’t look renewed/ refreshed with enthusiasm this year I can’t see Bevo seeing out his contract.
    In saying that I am very confident we will come out fully loaded.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to establish a criterion for judgement.

Is it a finals appearance, is it a finals win? Is it solely a premiership or is a Grand Final appearance a pass mark?

Or could it rest on the personal growth of players and coaching staff? And how would you measure that?

I have been "in" for more than sixty years, without questioning (well, except for the Royce Hart era), but I can't wait another sixty-two years for a premiership. After all, I used to think immortality is a long shot, but hey, someone's got to be first. I guess I now know it won't be me.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

4. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to Prove it Prove it, I like to... Prove It!

If we can keep Liam and JOD on the paddocks as KPDs, and sort our wings out, we should be very competitive. Big IFs though.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get why the Prove it camp will get a lot of votes but I just see many more positives than where we were 12 months back
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Prove it due to being burnt the last 2 seasons.

However we finally did address the burning issues this off-season so it's time to deliver on the field. The talent is there so the excuses are gone.

If it weren't for the last 2 seasons there'd be no other option than to be IN.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I get why the Prove it camp will get a lot of votes but I just see many more positives than where we were 12 months back
    Certainly lots of positives, but there's just as many questions/ unknowns about how we will play when the ball bounces to start the season, these include:

1/ Will JOD be able to hold up as no.2 KPD.
    2/ Will JUH & Naughts improve their ability to convert.
    3/ Will our midfield defend.
    4/ Will our wingers become consistent performers?

Post Thanks / Like

I am so "in" that I can't see even the remotest possibility that we don't take home the silver this year, the first of many in the next few years!

We are a monty! (Isn't it a great time of year?)

On this I am in total accord with the players, coaches and fitness staff (and even some of the supporters.) They know what I know.

Dead set certainties, we are!

11. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShibbyUp View Post
    2. How would anyone know if the changes are going to work or not at this point in time?
    Kids don't have to see Santa to know he exists.

Some people just believe cos they believe...maybe they trust Bont, ride with Jones, think Jamarra is the anointed one...it doesn't matter why but it's OK to believe!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing but bone-deep fatigue for hearing all the right noises while seldom following through.

Show us it hurts. Show us you've learned. Show us you mean it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes EasternWest, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

Is it a finals appearance, is it a finals win? Is it solely a premiership or is a Grand Final appearance a pass mark?

Or could it rest on the personal growth of players and coaching staff? And how would you measure that?

I have been "in" for more than sixty years, without questioning (well, except for the Royce Hart era), but I can't wait another sixty-two years for a premiership. After all, I used to think immortality is a long shot, but hey, someone's got to be first. I guess I now know it won't be me.

Agree with this. I?m a bit of a ditherer. If we lose 3 or 4 early games the doubt will set in for us fence sitters. I?m always invested though, even when we not expecting finals. Given the changes I?d think a lot of woofers expect to make top 6. When I?m optimistic I think we should make top 4 & at least make a preliminary.

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan Ferry always says it best.

They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

prove it camp but leaning towards in.

I believe our list is top 4 material. No way our coaching and fitness could be as bad as 23. Worse coaching I have seen and that includes Hart, Rhode and Macca. That being the case we still should have made finals. Helps having the best player on the league.

With a modern game plan, improved fitness, better match day coaching, end of game simulations and delvelopment of JOD and JUH, not including improvement in others everything points to a top 4 finish. What I do not know is which Bevo has turned up. Is it great Bevo, ok Bevo or basket case 2023 Bevo. If it is 1 or 2 we will finish top 4. If it is 2023 version we will not make finals.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Didn't I do that in the OP?

IN = Top 4.
    Out = Coach sacked either during season or at the conclusion.

I tried to make it as cut and dried as I could...I actually agree with your post in terms of what "I Believe" might mean but in terms of the poll it should be clear as clear can be.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm reluctantly in the out camp, with the proviso that I think we've made some really good moves in the off season.
    My concern, which hasn't changed for a long time, is that our defence just doesn't cut the mustard.
    I'm out.

I actually think our Defence holds up OK. It seems I'm alone when I read these type of threads.

Anyways..........

My issue has been and still is the want and will to work which is mainly directed at our midfield and lesser extent forwards. The ball gets walked out of the middle unpressured time and time again, it moves out of the forward line way too easily also. When you watch the elite teams the work rate is incredible, the pressure is intense and their decision making in these pressure cookers are terrific. In my eyes these are 3 things we are absolutely terrible at. I just can't see our team flicking the switch and changing their attitude on the field. I honestly think our ladder position was very flattering last season, we were awful! There are quite a few teams below us who IMO are in much better positions than we are to improve just on natural progression alone and have been aggressive to try and get better. We had a review, moved some people around in the coaching box and offices and brought in some re-treads on the field. It really doesn't excite me or give me much confidence going into 2024. So yeah, I'm out quicker than Kramer was in the contest.

22. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, lemmon liked this post