Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5 Western Bulldogs Home & Away Wins - Danny McGinlay

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think it’s supposed to be this century.
    Except the number 1 pick by Danny occurred in the last century.

(I do concede that a lot are mathematically challenged on it being the 100th year of the 20th Century.)
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That was a great game, and we did try the flood a bit. I loved that game, especially Monday morning as office was full of Carlton supporters and they were carrying on that we cheated.
    At the end of the game we were standing on the seats and taunting the Carlton supporters behind us who'd been pretty cocky all afternoon (Carlton had won their previous 10+ games and were scheduled to play the undefeated Essendon the next week. As far as Carlton were concerned this game was just a formality before the big challenge the next week) anyway a ten year old girl with tears running down her eyes turned to her dad and said "but, but, daddy, they weren't supposed to win. They're only the Bulldogs"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Round one 2006: Dogs (167) v Tigers (52)
    Glorious start to the season

Round four 2006: Dogs (98) v Cats (97)
    We had a few very close games with the Cats in this era and it was just as they were starting to become the team they are today. Super successful. A hard fought win.

Round 21 2019: Dogs (137) v Bombers (33)
    An all time day at the footy. A lot of fun.

Round 4 2015: Dogs (125) v Crows (68)
    Package broke Hardigan’s ankles and kicked a bag. I gave it to my mates so as and still do to this day.

Round 12 2020: Dogs (111) v Crows (54)
    Not a memorable game in some ways, but I managed to get out of Vic for family reasons a month prior (illness) and then made my way to Noosa for a holiday and managed to get to this game. Live football in 2020 was a godsend and Naughton kicked a bag in front out about 100 of us at the ground.

Missed sneaking in the game where Cooney had 30+3 against the Crows and the game Darcy kicked a bag (can’t remember the year - 2005?). We’ve had some great wins. I like thrashing sides, hard fought close ones against contenders (nearly had our late season win v Dees in 2021 in) but mostly I love beating the Crows. Woof.

6. Likes Jasper, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Round one 2006: Dogs (167) v Tigers (52)
    Glorious start to the season

Round four 2006: Dogs (98) v Cats (97)
    We had a few very close games with the Cats in this era and it was just as they were starting to become the team they are today. Super successful. A hard fought win.

Round 21 2019: Dogs (137) v Bombers (33)
    An all time day at the footy. A lot of fun.

Round 4 2015: Dogs (125) v Crows (68)
    Package broke Hardigan’s ankles and kicked a bag. I gave it to my mates so as and still do to this day.

Round 12 2020: Dogs (111) v Crows (54)
    Not a memorable game in some ways, but I managed to get out of Vic for family reasons a month prior (illness) and then made my way to Noosa for a holiday and managed to get to this game. Live football in 2020 was a godsend and Naughton kicked a bag in front out about 100 of us at the ground.

Missed sneaking in the game where Cooney had 30+3 against the Crows and the game Darcy kicked a bag (can’t remember the year - 2005?). We’ve had some great wins. I like thrashing sides, hard fought close ones against contenders (nearly had our late season win v Dees in 2021 in) but mostly I love beating the Crows. Woof.
    Was definitely 2005 and the week before Darcy did the knee at Geelong in round 5.
    That round 4 Crows win is a great memory for me also as we really made a statement in the 2nd half.

2 memorable wins from 2005 were both against Brisbane
    Round 6 at the Gabba after the Darcy knee and Brian Lake took on Jonno Brown after half time and destroyed him.
    The return game at Docklands we kicked about 9 in the last quarter with Minson dominating the ruck and Cooney taking the armchair ride from the centre.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Except the number 1 pick by Danny occurred in the last century.

(I do concede that a lot are mathematically challenged on it being the 100th year of the 20th Century.)
    Always a conundrum . 2000 first year of the century or the last of the century before.
    Essendon will tell you they won a flag this century.
    North will tell you they one the last flag of the century.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The return game at Docklands we kicked about 9 in the last quarter with Minson dominating the ruck and Cooney taking the armchair ride from the centre.
    That was the game of the Matty Robbins one-handed hanger from memory? We were very fun to watch from the get-go under Rocket.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The game against Port in 2016 is probably the highest skill level football I’ve ever seen us play. Revisit the highlights of that one regularly.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One that hasn't been mentioned, for pure enjoyment, was Good Friday vs Norf in 2021 when Bruce kicked 10 and Treloar dominated.

I remember going to the game hoping we'd see Treloar kick some running goals and he kicked 3 from memory. The end of the game with Bruce was crazy - fans were jumping around like it was 2016 again! Meanwhile Libba was wrestling with half of Norf's team.
    W00F!

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    One that hasn't been mentioned, for pure enjoyment, was Good Friday vs Norf in 2021 when Bruce kicked 10 and Treloar dominated.

I remember going to the game hoping we'd see Treloar kick some running goals and he kicked 3 from memory. The end of the game with Bruce was crazy - fans were jumping around like it was 2016 again! Meanwhile Libba was wrestling with half of Norf's team.
    Loved the chant for Bruce. That was a fun game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The game against Port in 2016 is probably the highest skill level football I?ve ever seen us play. Revisit the highlights of that one regularly.
    Agree this, one of the great away wins.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of memorable Home and Away wins missed:

2001 we beat Geelong when we were down by about 50 points at Kardinia Park
    2005 we beat Adelaide in Chris Grants 300th. We were down by 5 goals at half time.
    2006 we beat Richmond by 115 in round 1
    2006 we beat west coast in wa. We were the first vic side to win there against the eagles for about 4 years.
    2006 we beat the crows at the mcg with a significant number of injuries. Believe we had like 24-26 players to pick from. Cooney kicked 5 and we were way down at one point
    2009 we beat the cats at marvel.
    2013 we beat the saints for the first time in 5 years
    2014 we beat the pies for the first time in a long time. And Bont showed us how good he could be.
    2015 we beat Sydney at the SCG. Thought we were no chance going in. This was one of the catalysts for 2016
    2016 we beat north late in the year following a number of key injuries against Geelong and saint kilda. Shit game, but gutsy win.
    2019 we beat port away bucketing in rain. This was the catalyst for our run to finals.
    2019 we beat Essendon kick 20 odd goals in a row
    2021 we beat Melbourne at the mcg in a top of the table clash
    2023 we beat Brisbane after an atrocious start to the year. Again nothing to write home about as a spectacle but it was a gutsy win

17. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Geelong game in 2009 was fantastic. Early Ward / Reid / maybe Wood? I flew over for the game before I’d relocated to Melbourne and it gave a huge amount of confidence for finals. Flying over for the qualifying final was not as successful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    A couple of memorable Home and Away wins missed:

2001 we beat Geelong when we were down by about 50 points at Kardinia Park
    2005 we beat Adelaide in Chris Grants 300th. We were down by 5 goals at half time.
    2006 we beat Richmond by 115 in round 1
    2006 we beat west coast in wa. We were the first vic side to win there against the eagles for about 4 years.
    2006 we beat the crows at the mcg with a significant number of injuries. Believe we had like 24-26 players to pick from. Cooney kicked 5 and we were way down at one point
    2009 we beat the cats at marvel.
    2013 we beat the saints for the first time in 5 years
    2014 we beat the pies for the first time in a long time. And Bont showed us how good he could be.
    2015 we beat Sydney at the SCG. Thought we were no chance going in. This was one of the catalysts for 2016
    2016 we beat north late in the year following a number of key injuries against Geelong and saint kilda. Shit game, but gutsy win.
    2019 we beat port away bucketing in rain. This was the catalyst for our run to finals.
    2019 we beat Essendon kick 20 odd goals in a row
    2021 we beat Melbourne at the mcg in a top of the table clash
    2023 we beat Brisbane after an atrocious start to the year. Again nothing to write home about as a spectacle but it was a gutsy win
    Well which ones are you top 5
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1994 Rd5 v Adelaide - one of Alan Joyce?s first matches as coach. 9.2 to 0.0 in Q2 at FP. Osborne and Thorpe were on fire!
    1997 Rd6 v WC - after a dismal 1996 this was a similar win to the Syd 2015 one. Knew we?d have a good year after this win.
    2000 Rd21 v Ess - enough said.
    2001 Rd12 v Geelong.- Around 50 points down in Q2. Came home to win at KP. West and Brown starred!
    2015 Rd5 v Syd - a tough win. Boys became men and the Bont was already our best player after around 15 matches.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
    1994 Rd5 v Adelaide - one of Alan Joyce?s first matches as coach. 9.2 to 0.0 in Q2 at FP. Osborne and Thorpe were on fire!
    1997 Rd6 v WC - after a dismal 1996 this was a similar win to the Syd 2015 one. Knew we?d have a good year after this win.
    2000 Rd21 v Ess - enough said.
    2001 Rd12 v Geelong.- Around 50 points down in Q2. Came home to win at KP. West and Brown starred!
    2015 Rd5 v Syd - a tough win. Boys became men and the Bont was already our best player after around 15 matches.
    Oops should be 21st Century. I?ll find 2 others and come back!