Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5 Western Bulldogs Home & Away Wins - Danny McGinlay

I was too young in 2000, so I won?t comment on that year but from 2001 onwards I?d say:

No 1 - Vs Sydney 2015 SCG - This built confidence for the flag in 2016. This win created belief.

No 2 - Vs Sydney 2016 SCG - we re-enforced we were a contender

No 3 - Vs Essendon 2019 Marvel - I hate Essendon and we smacked them in a 50/50 game.

No 4 - Vs Melbourne 2021 MCG - will be forgotten due to it not being played in front of a crowd. We haven?t played many top of the table clashes and won. Shame we fell to bits after this win.

No 5 - Vs West Coast 2006 Subiaco - West Coast were top and nearly impossible to beat in WA.

The road wins are probably the best. I think they would mean the most for the group in terms of building spirit.

One I forgot earlier was Round 1 vs Freo in 2016. Smashed them and they finished top of table the previous year. This really set the tone.

2. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    I was too young in 2000, so I won?t comment on that year but from 2001 onwards I?d say:

No 1 - Vs Sydney 2015 SCG - This built confidence for the flag in 2016. This win created belief.

No 3 - Vs Essendon 2019 Marvel - I hate Essendon and we smacked them in a 50/50 game.

No 4 - Vs Melbourne 2021 MCG - will be forgotten due to it not being played in front of a crowd. We haven?t played many top of the table clashes and won. Shame we fell to bits after this win.

No 5 - Vs West Coast 2006 Subiaco - West Coast were top and nearly impossible to beat in WA.

The road wins are probably the best. I think they would mean the most for the group in terms of building spirit.

One I forgot earlier was Round 1 vs Freo in 2016. Smashed them and they finished top of table the previous year. This really set the tone.
    Some great games there.

My list would be similar except I would chuck in the Essendon win in 2000 - an incredible game, so tense right to the end.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post

Did the Sydney fans complain about that game as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Always a conundrum . 2000 first year of the century or the last of the century before.
    Essendon will tell you they won a flag this century.
    North will tell you they one the last flag of the century.
    There is no conundrum.

Essendon won the flag in the 100th year of the 20th century.
    North Melbourne won the flag in the 99th year of the 20th Century.
    Brisbane won the flag in the 1st year of the 21st century/ 1st year of the 3rd Millenium.

This is only confused by people with no understanding of numerical sequence.

The year 0 (zero) never existed as it is the point between 1BC and 1AD.

Essendon have won zero in the 3rd Millenium
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
    Oops should be 21st Century. I?ll find 2 others and come back!
    You need 3 for the 21st century.
    The Essendon 2000 win was 20th Century.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured