Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tribunal / suspensions 2024

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Peter Wright gets 4 weeks.
    About right.

Post Thanks / Like

2 m Peter a bit stiff, I’d have tossed the coin there. On first look it’s a collision as he goes for the footy with an opponent coming across from an awkward angle. Slow it down and there’s a half hearted, last minute switch to take the player out and protect himself rather than get the footy.

Not particularly malicious, or careless. But he clipped him high, so there should be some penalty. Anywhere from a free kick to 1-2 weeks felt right to me.

But I also thought you should get 3-4 weeks for kicking a bloke. So I’m way off the mark on what the league and general public are thinking.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Alright devils advocate...

Why is Peter Wright the only person in that contest with some responsibility/duty of care? What steps did Cunningham take to protect himself? How much of the contact was created by Cunningham recklessly running back with the ball?

To me, if the AFL is serious about stamping out concussion, it is the culture of 'bravery = running back with the flight' that needs to change before suspensions like this. There is nothing in Wright getting suspended that actually fixes the problem, if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond's Baker very unlucky to get a week for that. There was no damage to Melican, Baker was trying to spoil the mark.

tribunal decisions very puzzling
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Richmond's Baker very unlucky to get a week for that. There was no damage to Melican, Baker was trying to spoil the mark.

tribunal decisions very puzzling
    Yesterday was April fool's.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

A week for Kosi going head hunting again which might get overturned or downgraded to a fine and he'll learn nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Be interesting to see how the Finlayson one transpires.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Bullshit if he gets weeks off
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the AFEL once again showing us all they have more positions than the Kamasutra - I predict Finlayson will get suspended, about a month after Clarkson got a fine for effectively doing the same thing. And of course let's not forget the Muslim AFELW player who twice boycotted pride round and the AFEL/media cowards who pretended like this never happened (the same people who were all foaming at the mouth when Folau expressed pretty much the same beliefs - different religion of course). Or Sydney having Qatar Airways as one of their main sponsors - gotta love those cute rainbow socks for the pride game while taking sponsorship money from an organisation owned by a nation that punishes the lived experience of being gay by death.

This is in no way supporting Finlayson, just highlighting that the AFEL pays lip service to the causes they supposedly trumpet and swing with the breeze depending on the outrage-o-meter. If you are completely transactional with your morals, ethics and beliefs, you should be disqualified and utterly discredited from having an opinion on the issue in question.
    Last edited by Sedat; 09-04-2024 at 03:15 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Mofra, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the AFL see the Clarkson and Finlayson comments very differently. I'd say he gets a week off.
    The only positive of all this is there a vastly improved level of ownership by the players than there was just a few years back.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bullshit if he gets weeks off
    We had AFLW players boycott pride round without sanction. Findlayson would be very stiff to miss a game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes GVGjr, Sedat, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pickett challenging his one week suspension. I actually thought only 1 week was lucky and he should take it and run.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Pickett challenging his one week suspension. I actually thought only 1 week was lucky and he should take it and run.
    Melbourne defence ..”judge we are challenging the one week suspension”
    Judge .. “ I agree it should have been at least two weeks, two weeks case over”
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes Bulldog Joe, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne defence ..”judge we are challenging the one week suspension”
    Judge .. “ I agree it should have been at least two weeks, two weeks case over”
    I favour making it 4.

2 for the jump to bump in the head doubled for the stupidity of challenging.

Although with the way they work someone will contend that Kosi is important to the fabric of the game and deem no suspension.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Looking forward to the AFEL once again showing us all they have more positions than the Kamasutra - I predict Finlayson will get suspended, about a month after Clarkson got a fine for effectively doing the same thing. And of course let's not forget the Muslim AFELW player who twice boycotted pride round and the AFEL/media cowards who pretended like this never happened (the same people who were all foaming at the mouth when Folau expressed pretty much the same beliefs - different religion of course). Or Sydney having Qatar Airways as one of their main sponsors - gotta love those cute rainbow socks for the pride game while taking sponsorship money from an organisation owned by a nation that punishes the lived experience of being gay by death.

This is in no way supporting Finlayson, just highlighting that the AFEL pays lip service to the causes they supposedly trumpet and swing with the breeze depending on the outrage-o-meter. If you are completely transactional with your morals, ethics and beliefs, you should be disqualified and utterly discredited from having an opinion on the issue in question.
    Agree. I?d much rather healthy, informed debate, but in today?s society everything?s black or white (no racial slur intended), and the ideas of nuance and sound logic are thrown out the window. Outrage-o-meter aka what gains clicks is de rigueur.