Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Media: Why does Alex Docherty hate Bevo so much??

On the A3 Footy pre-season preview for Fremantle (talking about the potential of Longmuir losing his job after either an 0-5 start or some 10+ goal losses. It sort of went along the lines of, well, if that happens...

"...Luke Beveridge will be rubbing his hands together. And I'll be packin' the barstards bags out of Footscray...".

I know there is a thread about the Bevo/Barrett feud. And there should probably be one about the stuff Cornes says - but Cornes is quite open that he is shooting for headlines. Docherty usually seems so calm and 'nice' - but man does he hate Bevo.

Is there a beef of sorts 'cos I don't understand comments like that.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Media: Why does Alex Docherty hate Bevo so much??

Jumping on the ''Hate Bevo'' bandwagon for media personalities seems like the cool thing to do right now.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I really like reading his articles on the Dogs but he has a clear dislike of Bevo which he doesn't try to hide it.
    He really went to town on him on Twitter a couple of weeks back I think when I was sticking up for Bevo.
    I don't know the origins of it but it seems out of character when compared to a lot of what he writes.

A lot of the Supercoach podcasters have Bevo pegged incorrectly as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I really like reading his articles on the Dogs but he has a clear dislike of Bevo which he doesn't try to hide it.
    He really went to town on him on Twitter a couple of weeks back I think when I was sticking up for Bevo.
    I don't know the origins of it but it seems out of character when compared to a lot of what he writes.

A lot of the Supercoach podcasters have Bevo pegged incorrectly as well.
    Bulldog supporter who is VERY disappointed in what we have served up the last 2 years.

I don't think he is a lone wolf on that.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Bulldog supporter who is VERY disappointed in what we have served up the last 2 years.

I don't think he is a lone wolf on that.
    But as I have previously said, I think there were some solid reasons for some of our struggles last year and it wasn't all on Bevo.

7. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But as I have previously said, I think there were some solid reasons for some of our struggles last year and it wasn't all on Bevo.
    I don't disagree, but not everyone sees reasons as they are considered excuses.

We need a NO EXCUSE policy for 2024
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I don't disagree, but not everyone sees reasons as they are considered excuses.

We need a NO EXCUSE policy for 2024
    There are no excuses for us in 2024, nothing at all.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no excuses for us in 2024, nothing at all.
    Unless injuries hit our best players.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    On the A3 Footy pre-season preview for Fremantle (talking about the potential of Longmuir losing his job after either an 0-5 start or some 10+ goal losses. It sort of went along the lines of, well, if that happens...

"...Luke Beveridge will be rubbing his hands together. And I'll be packin' the barstards bags out of Footscray...".

I know there is a thread about the Bevo/Barrett feud. And there should probably be one about the stuff Cornes says - but Cornes is quite open that he is shooting for headlines. Docherty usually seems so calm and 'nice' - but man does he hate Bevo.

I highly doubt Bevo would even know who Alex is.

I reckon one out of ten woofers would know who he is.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I really like him as well - but the Bevo stuff just seems so "out of place" when it comes from him. It seems (and sounds) personal...I don't really get it I spose.

And I get the "we're underperforming, it's HIS fault" vibe that is circling but I just don't think it's as simple as that.

14. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like him as well - but the Bevo stuff just seems so "out of place" when it comes from him. It seems (and sounds) personal...I don't really get it I spose.

And I get the "we're underperforming, it's HIS fault" vibe that is circling but I just don't think it's as simple as that.
    I guess for some once they get to a breaking point then enough is enough and we were poor last year. If our members don't want to accept some of the challenges then there isn't much that could be done about it but I talked to a couple of people at the club this week and said we aren't doing enough about getting out there and selling some of the more positive messages that I've seen.

I think there is a members push on Tuesday on SEN and maybe RSN and we will have a lot of people from the club talking to the various presenters so perhaps that can lift some sagging spirits and turn some doubters into something more optimistic.

16. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...I talked to a couple of people at the club this week and said we aren't doing enough about getting out there and selling some of the more positive messages that I've seen.
    On this point, Kane Cornes is right.

Bevo needs to understand that the members want to hear from HIM.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is Alex Docherty?

19. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Who is Alex Docherty?
    https://twitter.com/TheAlexDocherty
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems overly bitter and personal, unless it was supposed to be a bit of pantomime for a clued in audience?

The need for people to simplify things down to a single point of blame or cause for things going wrong surprises me sometimes. A fairly well respected content creator should know better but we all have our hobby horses I guess.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.