Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Five predictions for the 2024 Western Bulldogs season.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Well done Dexter getting this published on the Mongrel Punt:

FIVE PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2024 WESTERN BULLDOGS SEASON
    I was getting a bit excited what Dexter might be able to bring WOOF. A bit of a shame that so many of us assumed that was his views.
    Dex, hopefully this is one of those learnable moments that when copying information from other sites and particularly from smaller sites that the links and appropriate acknowledgments are added.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I was getting a bit excited what Dexter might be able to bring WOOF. A bit of a shame that so many of us assumed that was his views.
    Dex, hopefully this is one of those learnable moments that when copying information from other sites and particularly from smaller sites that the links and appropriate acknowledgments are added.
    Not sure if you?re having a laugh, but if not have a look at the author by line on the Mongrel Punt website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not sure if you?re having a laugh, but if not have a look at the author by line on the Mongrel Punt website.
    I am, I did see that but it is strange that he didn't link it back to the site.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic DadsBod. I could live with Rowell winning the Brownlow if we were to finish top 2 and Naughton the Norm Smith
    I could live with just about anything that had Naughton winning the Norm Smith. It means we win the flag.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I could live with just about anything that had Naughton winning the Norm Smith. It means we win the flag.
    They're not bringing in that mid season trade period this year right?

7. Likes DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, but the essence of your message was that his lack of citing the published source, meant many wrongly presume the words as not being his own opinion? Now that we know he's the author of that article, we can hopefully assume these are the thoughts and opinions of Dexter T!

But yes, you're also correct, giving a link back to the source is good practice.
    Given Dex is the author, and on the basis he keeps sharing his work I'm confident we can cut the author some slack on this occasion! ::

9. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dexter a question in response to your article.
    What impact do you think Sam Darcy's early pre-season training and match form might have on Lobb's performance this year. Do you think he's going to feel Sam breathing down his neck, and this might drive him to better consistency and level of output?

I hope so! It would be indicative of a good mindset at the kennel if we had multiple developing players pushing each week from Footscray for selection in the AFL team this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work as usual Dexy, had a slight hand in helping with editing and maybe a few future idea's but Dex did all the writing and thoughts, also in regards to being linked up, it was actually posted on The Mongrel Punt AFTER it was posted here, so Woof did actually and will probably continue to get first dibs.

12. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

he 1000000% wrote it, and it was posted up on Woof BEFORE it was posted on the Mongrel Punt.

14. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Grantysghost, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    he 1000000% wrote it, and it was posted up on Woof BEFORE it was posted on the Mongrel Punt.
    Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

100% agree a fit Darcy would be making Lobb nervous. Rory knows it's between him and Darcy for that ruck relief spot. Any dip in form, Lobb knows there's no hesitation from the MC to find a handy replacement.

Look at Macrae, an interrupted preseason and he's lost his spot. Prediction number 6 was actually Macrae starting on the bench every game. I mean I can't find room for him in the starting midfield or in the wings (too slow).

DEX

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Dexter a question in response to your article.
    What impact do you think Sam Darcy's early pre-season training and match form might have on Lobb's performance this year. Do you think he's going to feel Sam breathing down his neck, and this might drive him to better consistency and level of output?

I hope so! It would be indicative of a good mindset at the kennel if we had multiple developing players pushing each week from Footscray for selection in the AFL team this season.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    100% agree a fit Darcy would be making Lobb nervous. Rory knows it's between him and Darcy for that ruck relief spot. Any dip in form, Lobb knows there's no hesitation from the MC to find a handy replacement.

Look at Macrae, an interrupted preseason and he's lost his spot. Prediction number 6 was actually Macrae starting on the bench every game. I mean I can't find room for him in the starting midfield or in the wings (too slow).

DEX
    As Bevo alluded to, there would be more than just a swap of Lobb for Darcy for Sam to fit into the side, if Timmy misses, Lobb could take his place with Darce into Lobbs spot as 2nd ruck majority forward, if Naughts or Jamarra miss, again, could Sam and Lobb both play forward alongside Naughts OR Jamarra, but it does seem as though Sam playing back is out of calculations unless it's desperate times for a break glass approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post

DEX
    Good to have some competition for spots.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Excellent work as usual Dexy, had a slight hand in helping with editing and maybe a few future idea's but Dex did all the writing and thoughts, also in regards to being linked up, it was actually posted on The Mongrel Punt AFTER it was posted here, so Woof did actually and will probably continue to get first dibs.
    Excellent! WOOF with the scoop!