Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 6 ins and outs

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Shaggy was on Riewoldt when he kicked a couple.
    That was one of the things that prompted me to rate his performance as poor. Maybe I'm overrating it a bit, but when Everitt is fit and firing again I would say there'll be competition for Shaggy's spot. I just don't recall him being a particularly good player in any game so far and to be honest he hasn't really been asked to play too much on guys who are bigger than him this year, which was always kind of the excuse. Don't get me wrong I value what he can bring to the side and is in our best 22, I just don't think that so far this year it's been brung.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraigW View Post
    Is it just me or is there a lot of people jumping off the Josh Hill bandwagon?
    and after one poor game in five .. and after some terrific performances. A week is an incredibly long time for some people.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    and after one poor game in five .. and after some terrific performances. A week is an incredibly long time for some people.
    We can't drop him as I'm confident that he will bounce back to some good form soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Get Shaggy out of the deep D50 and get Tom Williams into CHB asap. Play Shag on a wing. IMO there will only be West for either Callan, Habrow, Addison or Hill. We cannot afford to play these 4 players in one team. Hill deserves a go, Addison (IMO) deserves a go too. For me, I'd drop Habrow or Callan.

Ray for Habrow when fit
    Williams for Wight when fit
    Everitt for Hill when fit
    Hargrave has played all his career in the backline, why would you try and create a new position for him if he can't perform in that role. Shouldn't this move had been made 2 or 3 years ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hargrave has played all his career in the backline, why would you try and create a new position for him if he can't perform in that role. Shouldn't this move had been made 2 or 3 years ago?
    Has anybody noticed that when they go into groups at 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 time Shaggie is in the midfield group?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    3 changes please possble 1 forced with Johno
    Out Hill, Harbrow and Johnno
    In West, Ward and one of Skipper or Ray

Very lucky to be playing next week are Eagleton, Wight, Callan, & Addison.
    With the greatest of respect what has Hill done wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    With the greatest of respect what has Hill done wrong?
    This week he missed a few simple marks, stuffed up a certain goal, ducked out of a contest or two and hardly got a touch.
    Not sure who he opponent was either.
    We carried about 2/3 players on Sunday, he was one of them.

He was also poor against Essendon. Very young and I'd straight swap him for Ward.
    No harm dropping him in basically in his season, he'll be back. Chris Grant got dropped in his first season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm not suggesting that Eade should create a new role for him and I'm not suggesting he can't preform in his current role. I just think he needs to be freed up a bit for a week or two. When there is a match up for him on the wing (as I have stated on someone like Embley) then I think it will be a great opportunity for him to get his dukes on the pill without the pressure of playing deep D50.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd keep Hill for 1 more week but let him know he's on notice.

I'd bring in Skipper and Ward for Wight and Harbrow.

Let's hope Everitt, Ray, Williams and Doogs can soon find some decent form then there will be a lot of healthy competition for spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Sounds like a plan but if available West would have to come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Let's hope Everitt, Ray, Williams and Doogs can soon find some decent form then there will be a lot of healthy competition for spots.
    So who plays on Seaby/ Cox when they are playing forward?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try Skipper at CHB, he can't be much worse than Wight and can pinch hit elsewhere better.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try Skipper at CHB, he can't be much worse than Wight and can pinch hit elsewhere better.
    Well he's shorter and less mobile. To be honest I think Skipper's a talented undersized ruck, but I've rarely seen anything to indicate he's a KPP, especially a CHB. I think Wight is the stopgap until Williams gets back or unless McD shows some form in the 2's (and regains fitness). Wight isn't strong enough in contests, but at least he can get to them, most CHF's would leave Skip in the dust.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Well he's shorter and less mobile. To be honest I think Skipper's a talented undersized ruck, but I've rarely seen anything to indicate he's a KPP, especially a CHB. I think Wight is the stopgap until Williams gets back or unless McD shows some form in the 2's (and regains fitness). Wight isn't strong enough in contests, but at least he can get to them, most CHF's would leave Skip in the dust.
    Skipper is stronger, better in a contest and has a better football brain. If most CHFs leave Skip in the dust then they would tear apart Wight too.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper is stronger, better in a contest and has a better football brain. If most CHFs leave Skip in the dust then they would tear apart Wight too.
    I agree with you on those 3 points, it's his lack of speed that would let him down. If there is one thing Wight has over him it's athleticism and the ability to run out a game (especially considering Skip's lack of a pre-season).
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me