Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake up forward one day?

If we ever had the luxury of not desperately needing Lake down back, I wonder how he'd go up forward?

Seems to like venturing up there when he can.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake up forward one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    If we ever had the luxury of not desperately needing Lake down back, I wonder how he'd go up forward?

Seems to like venturing up there when he can.
    His mark at the death of the game certainly raised my eyebrows. Pity it won't be some time until we have the luxury of seeing this happen with regularity, cause I reckon he'd handle it with more aplomb than he did early in his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally id love to see BRIAAAN up forward, because he has a strong body and can take a good mark as we saw today. But untill we can get a solid backman, he will be staying down there..

Post Thanks / Like

It might not be that far away when Williams and Everitt come into the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake saved us today with that mark, but then if he hadnt taken it, its most likely it would have spilled and anything could have happened. However, im of the opinion that we dont really NEED him down in the forward line with the setup at the moment, and when he is winning the Best and Fairest playing as a fullback, i say keep him there with license to move forward such as he does now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It might not be that far away when Williams and Everitt come into the side.
    Exactly, if Williams, Everitt, Wight and Morris can hold things down back Lake would be excellent up forward because he is quick off the mark and has good hands.

Post Thanks / Like

INJURIES
    Western Bulldogs: Lake (back spasm), Johnson (calf)

off the afl website...i jus thought it was a cramp..should be right for next week you'd assume

Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone think he can be a forward because he takes one contested mark?

I would rather see Scott Welsh take 5 chest marks on the lead than a big bloke take 1 contested mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Why does everyone think he can be a forward because he takes one contested mark?

I would rather see Scott Welsh take 5 chest marks on the lead than a big bloke take 1 contested mark.

Today excepted of course.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

lol if 1 contested mark = 1 goal
    and 5 shots of welsh = 5 points.
    perhaps it is worth it.

Welsh, very bad day.. hes worst performance ive ever seen.. given his opportunities
    Hope he can redeem himself next week.
    We need to wake up a little bit after todays draw.. We are in dire need of scott wests return.

Post Thanks / Like

Well today we would have been better off playing Lake up forward possibly at CHF.
    He hardly ever had a man in defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ageo View Post
    lol if 1 contested mark = 1 goal
    and 5 shots of welsh = 5 points.
    perhaps it is worth it.

Welsh, very bad day.. hes worst performance ive ever seen.. given his opportunities
    Hope he can redeem himself next week.
    We need to wake up a little bit after todays draw.. We are in dire need of scott wests return.
    I know Welsh is a forward and he needs to kick goals, and if that is what you base your ratings on then yes he did have a shocker. Being at the gamei had the joy of watching him use all the cleverness he has to outsmart his opponents, aswell as taking a heap of important marks that were both contested and uncontested. In terms of every other aspect bar his kicking, he was at his best.

Post Thanks / Like

Had Welsh kicked an early one of the 5 I would have had in the votes. He was our only target early and his marks very good. His confidence left him after about the 3rd miss.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just getting thrown around. It's a possibility one day, even as a pinch hitter like yesterday. Why shouldn't Lake play forward one day? Minson can't hold his contested marks up there and Lake's mark was a strong one. I personally think Eade was completely out of ideas though. Don't even get me started on Scott Welsh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Don't even get me started on Scott Welsh!
    Why?
    He was hardly the worst yesterday. He missed 5 shots but wasn't the first or won't be the last.