Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 1 vs Melbourne 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've no problem with them being selected. It's not taking the piss at all.
    They don't do this for shits and giggles?.
    They would have supporting arguments and data to support it.
    I am glad it seems the club is effectively trying to change things.
    It didn't work today, but the club has established some selection principles in preseason and I guess they felt they had to adhere to them .
    McNeil has not improved since he was drafted. Let’s get real. He should’ve been delisted.
    English and Dale shouldn’t have played.
    What does the club look like it’s trying to change? They are still picking players not up to AFL standard.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Bullies, westbulldog, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    McNeil has not improved since he was drafted. Let’s get real. He should’ve been delisted.
    English and Dale shouldn’t have played.
    What does the club look like it’s trying to change? They are still picking players not up to AFL standard.
    McNeil agree. However, although English lowered his colours to Gawn, but that ain't the first time. He did have 23 touches, should have kicked two goals and also had 10 conetested possesions.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    McNeil agree. However, although English lowered his colours to Gawn, but that ain't the first time. He did have 23 touches, should have kicked two goals and also had 10 conetested possesions.
    And even with all that, English just doesn’t look fit enough. He never does. By half time he’s always lumbering.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Daniel is one of the only players who I?d consider an automatic lock regardless of position. Him, JJ and Bont are simply irreplaceable no matter what position they?re playing. Unless he?s underdone, he should never be sub - starts on field.

2. I thought I was starting to figure out some sort of cohesive gameplan from watching our practice/preseason work, but based on this game against Melbourne, I?m stumped again.

3. Darcy has to play. English and Lobb were shithouse - I?d rather watch Darcy struggle through 3 quarters then get subbed off and go short, than run with these two barely putting up a fight with little scope for improvement ahead of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why we didn't target Ginninvan as our small crumbing forward when we knew we were going to miss on Watson. He would have been perfect for our needs. Instead we try and use McNeill as a small forward who has no goal sense. i'd like to see them fast track Clarke who is the type who would play better footy in the 1's.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I don't get why we didn't target Ginninvan as our small crumbing forward when we knew we were going to miss on Watson. He would have been perfect for our needs. Instead we try and use McNeill as a small forward who has no goal sense. i'd like to see them fast track Clarke who is the type who would play better footy in the 1's.
    Weightman and Arty jones would have been our plan but Archie just hasn’t fit in yet.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

1. Melbourne are just better than us.
    2. We can't pick a team with pace to then use the ball so slowly
    3. Daniel is a far better player than the bottom 6 of our list. Should never have been sub

Post Thanks / Like

1. This is Beveridge?s final season.
    2. Plenty of list changes still need to be made, that includes selecting the right players, recruiting the right players, and deciding who to let go in order to open up cap space, get picks and open up those opportunities for us.
    3. This is the least interested I have been in our team, never felt such a lack of emotion.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Lobb's a bust. Get rid of him.
    2. Let's start talking to West Coast about English now.
    3. I'm sure James Brayshaw had a sleepless night thinking about Matt Hill.

4. I wouldn't be upset with Bontempelli if he started talking to Geelong about some superannuation years.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

4. I wouldn't be upset with Bontempelli if he started talking to Geelong about some superannuation years.
    EW goes BANG
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

This is the content I came here for.

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but I feel like this thread should become "Things we never learn". Because as a club, we just turn up and do the same things and think that we are going to change the outcome.

I know the list isn't perfect - but there is also some huge talent there and I think we have wasted the last two years - and probably wasted some of the post 2016 years. I am incredibly fearful of us wasting another year of high talent - and the effect that may have on keeping players like Jamarra beyond this year.

18. Likes Dry Rot, EasternWest, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    EW goes BANG
    Yep, that comment about Brayshaw and Hill has set the cat among the pigeons.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Weightman and Arty jones would have been our plan but Archie just hasn’t fit in yet.
    Are either of them small crumbing forwards? Weightman certainly isnt.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tim English is a very, very, very ordinary ruckman. Many of his 'efforts' in the ruck were completely uncompetitive and bordering on comical. Tim's saving grace is that he can accumulate touches around the ground, but that isn't what we need from our ruckman, especially one that is coming out of contract and believes he is deserving of $1 million per season for his ongoing services.
    2. You can replace every employee in the entire football club, yet keep the head coach in place and nothing will change. Poor team selection, outdated game strategy, impotent game day coach's box, same outcomes as previous years. We made a mistake in sacking the assistants when real change was required.
    3. Our bottom 6 payers are genuinely terrible and it appears that nothing will change in this respect, but what genuinely concerns me is our top 6 players (outside Marcus) looked poor yesterday. Hopefully this was a one off and not a glimpse into our future

22. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post