Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  206
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    And we can't wait to hear his exact reasoning for the continued selection of McNeill and Vandermeer.
    You may not like it, but don't be confused when the reason is given to you plainly.

The amount of "I just don't understand things" would be a lot less if people just listened to his pressers from time to time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't like these selections and neither am I confused but tyvm for your interest. We shall see if these selections succeed next Sunday or will they again top the clangers list...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    And we can't wait to hear his exact reasoning for the continued selection of McNeill and Vandermeer.
    I get the selection frustration but is there any point in comparing players that play different roles to Jack. Both VDM and McNeill do and they are more versatile. Rightly or wrongly, Bevo seems to want players that can play multiple roles. Unfortunately Jacko can?t and this is his weakness.

I would love to see him back in the team as a mid but sense that this may not happen in the short term. Macrae is a professional- he will get through this period and work his way back in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    That?s work rate. We don?t have it. We are lazy, refuse to run hard both ways, and you can?t blame the backline or FF line for that. I?ve said it since 2023. This is a team not playing for the coach. However you wanna spin it.
    Agreed. We saw that plenty last year especially vs West Coast. The changes and vibe and energy was heartening pre-season but thats really just the squad playing against itself, no real opposition. On the big stage bar a few their hearts weren't in it. We wouldn't even beat Collingwood if we played them next week.

Post Thanks / Like

We will get smashed this week again. Never mind no Macrae, but do we really think the defensive pairing of Jones and Buku can cope with the Suns forward set up? 0-2 my prediction.

Post Thanks / Like

Would Bevo select Darcy to take on Ben king?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Interesting thought. It would be a reasonable match up, King a bit too strong at this stage I’d say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I get the selection frustration but is there any point in comparing players that play different roles to Jack. Both VDM and McNeill do and they are more versatile. Rightly or wrongly, Bevo seems to want players that can play multiple roles. Unfortunately Jacko can?t and this is his weakness.

I would love to see him back in the team as a mid but sense that this may not happen in the short term. Macrae is a professional- he will get through this period and work his way back in the team.
    They certainly are different players. Macrae is a ball magent the other are 2 are not. Put Macrae in a position where he plays his best at that is on the ball. Rowell is not overly quick either but like Macrae is an accumulator and sets up the team. I'm not sure on the versatility of VDM and MacNeill where ever you play them the result is the same. I don't get week in week out what they see in these guys. I've seen enough to know they offer jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely not. King would kick at least 5. Positioning and strength on a different level.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo

Sam Darcy will play this week. Ruck/forward. But also as a cover for defence if we need him.

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo

Paraphrase.

Macrae has to play a full game. Jack understands. We are in a position of evolution. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and think you are going to get a different result. Sanders and Gaggs put selection pressure on. Some of older players have been out of the team. Macrae and CD as sub. They need to come up to the new standards that have been sent. Jack will play a lot of senior football this year.

13. Thanks bornadog, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo

Naughton was a forward as a junior. Then went back late in his junior career. He has also been our most prolific forward. He had a knock early last week that hurt him. He will train today and prepare himself well. It is unlikely he will go back.

15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having played 0 time in defence in pre season?

I believe he would

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Having played 0 time in defence in pre season?

I believe he would
    In presser. It sounds like Darcy was break glass in case of emergency to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo

Paraphrase.

Macrae has to play a full game. Jack understands. We are in a position of evolution. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and think you are going to get a different result. Sanders and Gaggs put selection pressure on. Some of older players have been out of the team. Macrae and CD as sub. They need to come up to the new standards that have been set. Jack will play a lot of senior football this year.
    Finally we are thinking differently, as many posters have been calling for, yet supporters are carrying on like the world is going to end because Macrae not playing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post