Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  192
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demons V Bulldogs - Round 1 17/3/24 MCG 1.00pm

I'm going to resist my natural inclination to go all in on the outcome of this game. I think the AFL has unnecessarily made further compromises to the draw with the unfathomably pointless Opening round where only 8 teams played.
    I think those teams who played last week are better for the run, especially when playing against a team who hasn't yet shaken off the rust.
    So I have Melbourne slight favourites, and today's result (short of a 100 point belting) I don't think will have any material bearing on our season's fortunes.

2. Likes ShibbyUp, Scorlibo, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited for the first time in a long time.

No excuse football, no compromise. The messaging from the club has been exactly where it needs to be all offseason.

There would be nothing better than driving Melbourne to 0-2 on a perfect day at the G.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

We have 9 changes since Round 1 Last Year.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It was at this time that James Harmes realised the entire league is correct - Bailey Fritsch does have an extremely punchable head.
    Glass houses there though maybe.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    We have 9 changes since Round 1 Last Year.
    I think that's a fairly normal amount of turnover tbh.

Dees also have 9 changes.

Out: Tomlinson, Petty, Brayshaw, Hunter, Harmes, Grundy, Laurie, Bowey, Melksham
    In: Howes, Hore, Windsor, Van Rooyen, Viney, Salem, Billings, Woewodin, Fritsch

For comparison, our 10 including sub..
    Out: Scott, Hannan, Baker, Macrae, Keath, Duryea, Bruce, BSmith, Darcy, McLean
    In: West, Sanders, Harmes, Gallagher, Coffield, Khamis, Bramble, VDM, McNeill, Weightman

8. Likes ShibbyUp, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think that's a fairly normal amount of turnover tbh.

Dees also have 9 changes.

Out: Tomlinson, Petty, Brayshaw, Hunter, Harmes, Grundy, Laurie, Bowey, Melksham
    In: Howes, Hore, Windsor, Van Rooyen, Viney, Salem, Billings, Woewodin, Fritsch

For comparison, our 10 including sub..
    Out: Scott, Hannan, Baker, Macrae, Keath, Duryea, Bruce, BSmith, Darcy, McLean
    In: West, Sanders, Harmes, Gallagher, Coffield, Khamis, Bramble, VDM, McNeill, Weightman
    I call that a net… um… prob 0 difference. Albeit hindsight now says Bruce and Keath were to looked cooked and a couple go on to be delisted.

Post Thanks / Like

The real footy is nearly here
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Bring your voices today boys and girls, it always sounds like we are at a funeral when the dogs are in possession at the G.

I really don't know what to expect from this group, naturally worried about our backend but I have a feeling we are going to bring the pressure hopefully that will put us in good stead.

Post Thanks / Like

Anxiously anticipating the season.
    We need to show our mettle today.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Not expecting a win today, but hopefully some green shoots to take us forward long term. Looking forward to seeing 5 new Bulldogs run around, and hopefully some good team defence.

Enjoy the day Woofers, the sun's out and footy's back.

Go Dogs!
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demons V Bulldogs - Round 1 17/3/24 MCG 1.00 PM02

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's a rare afternoon game for us so I'm bringing my one year old for his mcg debut. Going all out and getting the train in as well.

Hoping for a 20 point dogs win, first goal Sanders, Coffield BOG as he completely blankets Fritsch.
    Good stuff, hope it?s a successful day all round!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm going to resist my natural inclination to go all in on the outcome of this game. I think the AFL has unnecessarily made further compromises to the draw with the unfathomably pointless Opening round where only 8 teams played.
    I think those teams who played last week are better for the run, especially when playing against a team who hasn't yet shaken off the rust.
    So I have Melbourne slight favourites, and today's result (short of a 100 point belting) I don't think will have any material bearing on our season's fortunes.
    Yeah but… we should still win by 5 goals right??!!

16. Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    History suggests we are going to be in for a long and rough afternoon.

Five new players is concerning.

Two are questionable if their form is warranted to be picked and one hasn?t played at the level for a ridiculous amount of time. Harmes and Sanders for mine deserve their spot.

Khamis as our second key defender frightens me massively. Coupled with Bramble and Coffield our defensive mix is not ideal. Don?t get me started on the Fritsch match up?

May and Lever typically feast on our forwards, hopefully we have figured out how to avoid them and score consistently throughout the match.

Surely the plan is to ruck English and Lobb 60% and 40% to really drive home the advantage over Gawn on such a hot day?

The biggest thing that pisses me off is the afl and the fixture bullshit. We should not have to worry about that little grub snippet Pickett as he should be suspended?
    Melbourne also have 5 new inclusions. Annoying actually that kozzie served his one match ban last week.

I?m really hoping naughton and Marra have learnt each others running patterns and we can split lever and may from the contest. Love the idea of naughton running one of them all over the park.

I?m too scared to put in a prediction. Patiently optimistic.

18. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel the sub.
    I said when I first joined the forum and gave my rd 1 team prediction... they just love Vandermeer and his speedy little legs, don't they?

20. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    Daniel the sub.
    I said when I first joined the forum and gave my rd 1 team prediction... they just love Vandermeer and his speedy little legs, don't they?
    Surprised Daniel is the sub. Weird one.

I’m still quite high on VDM and what he can bring to our team. He’s never going to be the cleanest or most efficient player, however he should be able to play a role and help us with repeat entries, defensive workrate and intensity.