Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  232
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

That’s at least three different people saying it now. Hearing it from too many sources for it not to be true.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    All the best people, so many people, you wouldn't believe it. We're gonna get him, and Port's going to pay for it.
    My mate whose in a business adjacent to Bailey Smith?s reckons Smith is you g to pick Port Adelaide to give him a bigger national brand and we?ve got a wink and nod that Butters will join us. He also really wants to play with Bont too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My mate whose in a business adjacent to Bailey Smith?s reckons Smith is you g to pick Port Adelaide to give him a bigger national brand and we?ve got a wink and nod that Butters will join us. He also really wants to play with Bont too.
    Get him to the bus stop post haste! (yes low effort meme but it works)

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That’s at least three different people saying it now. Hearing it from too many sources for it not to be true.
    Excellent.

Gaining legs this. I wonder what terms he’s in principle agreed to? Surely a long term contract. 8 years. $850k + incentives. Could be a future captain too I hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Power ,please make the Butters trade happen.

Actually i was considering Macrae would be an experienced mid to trade to port. Power-pepper and Wines too injury prone. Macrae be ideal mature mid to fit their profile.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure port would give him a bigger brand, only in SA if that’s the case.
    If he wants to brand up the pies would be the team.
    But I would take Butters.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not sure port would give him a bigger brand, only in SA if that’s the case.
    If he wants to brand up the pies would be the team.
    But I would take Butters.
    Ledge
    You are not playing the game.
    Of course Port increases his reach and they would be all embracing.

It only takes a direct swap for Butters so we could endure that.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Ledge
    You are not playing the game.
    Of course Port increases his reach and they would be all embracing.

It only takes a direct swap for Butters so we could endure that.
    :-) Weil it is a bulldog forum we should get everything we want.
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    So from what I can gather we aren't really linked to any player at the moment. I'm sure we will later in the season much like we were with Lobb.
    I believe we are very much into Oliver Florent from the Swans. He also said he was a long way off signing with the Swans. Exactly what we need with the pace he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I believe we are very much into Oliver Florent from the Swans. He also said he was a long way off signing with the Swans. Exactly what we need with the pace he has.
    This is some comments from Florent

"I really don't know," Florent said,

"I'm not locking myself into one place. I love it here, I love it in Melbourne.

"But I just try not to think that far ahead. I don't think it's healthy for my mind to go to a conclusion on where I end up in life.

"I could end up on the either side of the world and not even realising it and having the best time.

"Right now, I am really happy where I'm at and who knows what could happen, I do really miss my family. I see them all the time during the off-season but I'm not really sure."

There is no doubt the rest of the competition is gearing up to make a play for the defender, whose versatility has been on show since he debuted in 2017.

Growing up as a Hawthorn fan, it'd be remiss if the brown-and-gold didn't make a play for Florent, given their well-off financial status and rebuilding phase that will look to add impressive youth to its list.

And the lure of playing on the MCG more often than not can be another factor if the Mentone Grammar product were to consider a move.

"I love playing in massive games, playing in front of big crowds," Florent said.

"(Dad) was a big Hawks fan and I followed Hawthorn growing up."

Despite the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) which gives clubs more salary cap space, it is hard to imagine they can keep all these players.

Not to mention, be in the hunt for Western Bulldogs forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, who will be seeking a hefty dollar tag if he is to leave the Kennel.

As is most years, the AFL Trade Period is one with plenty of intrigue as club masterminds get to show off their skills.

The Swans would love to go under the radar but given the pickle they could find themselves in, that seems unlikely.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This is some comments from Florent

"I really don't know," Florent said,

"I'm not locking myself into one place. I love it here, I love it in Melbourne.

"But I just try not to think that far ahead. I don't think it's healthy for my mind to go to a conclusion on where I end up in life.

"I could end up on the either side of the world and not even realising it and having the best time.

"Right now, I am really happy where I'm at and who knows what could happen, I do really miss my family. I see them all the time during the off-season but I'm not really sure."

There is no doubt the rest of the competition is gearing up to make a play for the defender, whose versatility has been on show since he debuted in 2017.

Growing up as a Hawthorn fan, it'd be remiss if the brown-and-gold didn't make a play for Florent, given their well-off financial status and rebuilding phase that will look to add impressive youth to its list.

And the lure of playing on the MCG more often than not can be another factor if the Mentone Grammar product were to consider a move.

"I love playing in massive games, playing in front of big crowds," Florent said.

"(Dad) was a big Hawks fan and I followed Hawthorn growing up."

Despite the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) which gives clubs more salary cap space, it is hard to imagine they can keep all these players.

Not to mention, be in the hunt for Western Bulldogs forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, who will be seeking a hefty dollar tag if he is to leave the Kennel.

As is most years, the AFL Trade Period is one with plenty of intrigue as club masterminds get to show off their skills.

The Swans would love to go under the radar but given the pickle they could find themselves in, that seems unlikely.

That counts us out.

Post Thanks / Like

Established "A" or "B" grade players who have requested a trade in the last decade or so. Where have they gone?

Danger - Geelong
    Cameron - Geelong
    Shiel - Essendon
    Kelly - Eagles
    Dunkley - Lions
    Lynch - Tigers
    Prestia - Tigers
    Daniher - Lions
    Mitchell - Pies
    Cameron - Lions
    Neale - Lions
    Smith - Cats
    Franklin - Swans
    May - Demons
    Taranto - Tigers
    Houli - Tigers
    Saad - Blues
    Caddy - Tigers
    Treloar - Pies & Dogs
    Adams - Pies
    Grundy - Demons & Swans
    Cerra - Blues
    Williams - Blues
    Martin - Blues
    Schultz - Pies
    Hill - Pies
    Hoskin/Elliott - Pies
    McKay - Bombers
    Stringer - Bombers

Do any of these players choose to go lower profile teams? Dogs, Saints, Suns, GWS, North?

Only if they are absolutely in the window to compete for a flag. In Victoria. There is no doubt Blues, Pies, Bombers, Tigers and Cats have had an ability to recruit free agents and high profile players regardless of ladder position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

That counts us out.
    Ah well, maybe we convince Mitch Robinson to come out retirement.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing more and more about Zak Butters wanting to come to the Dogs.

18. Likes Happy Days, EasternWest, Go_Dogs liked this post