Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watching games live overseas

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Southern France. Been lucky enough to take our 1 year old twins on a trip from Barcelona to Nice. Watching the footy is a very pleasant way to spend the evening once you get them into bed and dig into the food and wine you collected throughout the day.
    It's not quite Milan to Minsk, but it sounds like both the worst and the best thing all at once! Enjoy!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Southern France. Been lucky enough to take our 1 year old twins on a trip from Barcelona to Nice. Watching the footy is a very pleasant way to spend the evening once you get them into bed and dig into the food and wine you collected throughout the day.
    You lucky bastard!

Post Thanks / Like

1 month for $45 isnt too bad and actually includes 5 games so I will give it a go. Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

WatchAFL is the equivalent of Kayo here and specifically for overseas IP addresses as the others have said.

I bought a dogs digital membership this year for Kayo and noticed the Sydney digital membership has watchafl for $210 instead of Kayo. Think that is the cheapest option for a full season.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely timely thread given I'm in Japan until Round 6. Will be on a long ferry trip tomorrow afternoon too, so it might line up well. Thanks all.

6. Likes EasternWest, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was last living overseas in 2017, I had a digital membership which gave me cheaper access to watch AFL.

It is very similar to Kayo. Subpar, but the only option and for the most part gets the job done (it allowed me to watch the 2016 GWS prelim from a remote cottage in Skye, albeit with questionable reception, so I find it hard to be too critical).

Post Thanks / Like

I tried with a VPN a few years back with Kayo and it was completely unwatchable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I tried with a VPN a few years back with Kayo and it was completely unwatchable
    Worked for me on Foxtel Go
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Singapore for the West Coast Eagles game. I'm hoping the VPN and Foxtel Go works OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Extremely timely thread given I'm in Japan until Round 6. Will be on a long ferry trip tomorrow afternoon too, so it might line up well. Thanks all.
    I'm in Japan too and also until round 6 so that's a bit of a coincidence.

For what is worth my stock VPN back into Australia worked with kayo.
    Well it didn't work and then I refresh the webpages and it magically works so I haven't bothered with watchafl yet

12. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Singapore for a week. VPN and Foxtel Go did not work for me. Foxtel Go would not work via VPN. Tried on multiple devices.

So I had to go down the AFL Overseas path. $24 for one week! So I signed up. But didn't realise it was an automatic roll over subscription.

So it cost me $48 to watch the Dogs V Eagles (I did watch some snippets of some other games). Ouch.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 08-04-2024 at 08:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I was in Singapore for a week. VPN and Foxtel Go did not work for me. Foxtel Go would not work via VPN. Tried on multiple devices.

So I had to go down the AFL Overseas path. $24 for one week! So I signed up. But didn't realise it was an automatic roll over subscription.

So it cost me $48 to watch the Dogs V Suns (I did watch some snippets of some other games). Ouch.
    Interesting. I am off on Saturday to Korea for two weeks, and was hoping my VPN works. See how it goes.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting. I am off on Saturday to Korea for two weeks, and was hoping my VPN works. See how it goes.
    Sorry, I meant the Eagles game not the Suns.

The VPN worked for everything else to access Australian content, so it wasn't the VPN. Foxtel do state on their website that it won't work on a VPN, but I did believe that the idea of using a VPN was it to make it look like you were in Australia hence avoiding their detection. However, far from a VPN expert!

From Foxtel website.

Watching Foxtel Now through a VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Foxtel Now cannot be viewed on a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you’re using a VPN on your device, you’ll need to disable it to be able to view Foxtel Now.

The rights and licensing agreements we have in place mean that the content on Foxtel Now can only be accessed within Australia. If you’re using a VPN, we can’t verify that you’re in Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate I called out the immediate/ automatic rollover!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mate I called out the immediate/ automatic rollover!
    Arrgghhhhh I know, just stupid from me. For some reason I convinced myself I was just purchasing a week.