Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Monday Soap Box - Round One

It's time to have a rant about something.
    It could be the AFL, umpiring, Kane Cornes, Channel 7 commentary, Rules, Opposition players etc

The Doctor wants to share this with you

The Food Van at Footscray v Werribee at WO on Saturday.

For the 2nd week in a row I'm having a rant about this. Last week the ice cream van disappeared before the end of the game. It was 35 degrees and everyone wanted an ice cream. This week we had a food van selling snags in a roll for $10.
    Yes $10 for a 60c roll and one of those God awful thin sausages that cost about 60c you can buy from Woolies.
    It took 10 minutes to get it. The dude asked me if I wanted cheese. I said "yes sir" so he gave me the sausage roll without the cheese. When I said 'hey mate you forgot the cheese" he looked at me as though I was starting an argument.
    First he rips me off then he gets gnarly with me!
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soap Box - Round One

For me

I caught a glimpse of Tom Morris having a crack at Bevo and the club about our performance yesterday.
    Luckily James Bartel added some proper context to the performance but it was typical form from Morris and it should be a timely reminder to us all that he is a poor excuse of a journo.

Post Thanks / Like

This is another one from The Doctor

This stupid nominating the ruck rule.

Get rid of it. It is amatuerish and stupid. It happened in the Saints v Geelong game when they held up the game and waited for Marshall to make it to the contest. He was only wearing one boot as he limped up. Then eager to get on with it he put his boot behind the contest area. A Geelong player then hurled it away. The umpire got cranky! Held up the game again while the boot was retrieved. What a fiasco. The in our debacle Lobb got in trouble for blocking Gawn presumably trying to get to the contest while everyone was waiting. It cost us a penalty downfield and a goal. Stuff it if the ruckmen aren't ready. Ball it up and get on with it. No nominations either. Just 2 players go up. If a 3rd joins in. Penalise them.

Post Thanks / Like

Interrupted pre season . Fair dinkum a player misses a week of pre season and that’s an excuse used before the season starts in case he has a bad game.
    Uninterrupted pre season , the reason he played a great game first up.
    Pick and choose what suits your agenda.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Music

1. Not necessary at a sporting event
    2. Music chosen is crap
    3. Don't sit under speakers
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Music

1. Not necessary at a sporting event
    2. Music chosen is crap
    3. Don't sit under speakers
    Nice one BAD, It's getting over the top isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nice one BAD, It's getting over the top isn't it?
    Can't stand it, and it is very loud and you can't talk to people if you are sitting near speakers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Trading for a tagger with veneers and then not using him to tag or bite anyone.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Trading for a tagger with veneers and then not using him to tag or bite anyone.
    Hahahaaaaaa.

Thanks HD needed a good laugh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's time to have a rant about something.
    It could be the AFL, umpiring, Kane Cornes, Channel 7 commentary, Rules, Opposition players etc

The Doctor wants to share this with you

The Food Van at Footscray v Werribee at WO on Saturday.

For the 2nd week in a row I'm having a rant about this. Last week the ice cream van disappeared before the end of the game. It was 35 degrees and everyone wanted an ice cream. This week we had a food van selling snags in a roll for $10.
    Yes $10 for a 60c roll and one of those God awful thin sausages that cost about 60c you can buy from Woolies.
    It took 10 minutes to get it. The dude asked me if I wanted cheese. I said "yes sir" so he gave me the sausage roll without the cheese. When I said 'hey mate you forgot the cheese" he looked at me as though I was starting an argument.
    First he rips me off then he gets gnarly with me!
    Why can't they open the bloody brand new awesome food outlet in the north east corner??!

I go to watch my niblings run at a little athletics meet with a few people and they have a proper full canteen setup. Bah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Why can't they open the bloody brand new awesome food outlet in the north east corner??!

I go to watch my niblings run at a little athletics meet with a few people and they have a proper full canteen setup. Bah.
    What the heck is a nibling?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The goal review:

What was the deal with the review in our game where they stopped live play to check if the ball had crossed the line? I don't think I've ever seen that before. But it's stupid. You stop live play to see if the ball crossed the line for a point. In this instance it hadn't and we were denied a potential goal because live play was halted. In saying that the re-bounce was favourable to us but it still seems silly. I don't know what the solution is but halting live play for a review is crap.

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Interrupted pre season . Fair dinkum a player misses a week of pre season and that’s an excuse used before the season starts in case he has a bad game.
    Uninterrupted pre season , the reason he played a great game first up.
    Pick and choose what suits your agenda.
    Agree with this. Clayton Oliver had what you would call a relatively interrupted pre-season - you wouldn't have known yesterday.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Agree with this. Clayton Oliver had what you would call a relatively interrupted pre-season - you wouldn't have known yesterday.
    Depending on your world view you could argue that he had the best, most chemically assisted pre-season possible.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The goal review:

What was the deal with the review in our game where they stopped live play to check if the ball had crossed the line? I don't think I've ever seen that before. But it's stupid. You stop live play to see if the ball crossed the line for a point. In this instance it hadn't and we were denied a potential goal because live play was halted. In saying that the re-bounce was favourable to us but it still seems silly. I don't know what the solution is but halting live play for a review is crap.
    I know we got a decision go our way with Khamis but I really do question the value of the goal reviews vs the time it takes to get it done.