Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Happy Days, whythelongface thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 2 vs GC Suns 2024

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. 8 more scoring shots. Won by 8 goals. Good kicking is good footy.
    2. Great intercept marking today. Good footy.
    3. Baker with maybe his best game for us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We need to play players who will give unconditional effort in the 19-22 bracket of the team. That means Baker over Poulter. He might not be as composed but he'll bloody try and bust his ass and has a decent record of taking his opportunities.. Unfortunately this might mean we keep Vandermere in the team for the same principle but so be it.

The sky isn't falling. At least not yet. I'm still waiting a few weeks to make any conclusions on Bevo/the team.

Buku has a bit to work with. He, Jones and Richards (and hopefully JOD/Coffield going forward) add a lot to our intercept game which has been notoriously bad for a while now.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Dogs

Bramble continues to show that he is a good pick up, very tidy game

When our primary tall forwards are well held, Weightman's flying is a good and effective thing

Tagging can work

For the Suns who I have rarely seen

Rowell is a very, very good player

Suns' tall defenders are very effective

Watching Hardwick in the box frustrated and losing is still a thing of beauty
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

8. Likes azabob, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I enjoy going to Ballarat - it was great to see a full ground with RWB everywhere. Reminded me of the old days of suburban footy

2. Straight kicking makes a big difference

3. AFL got it wrong with Zero round - we were under done last week against a team that had alreaday played an extra game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes chef, westbulldog, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Darcy should be a set and forget player for the rest of 2024. He's too talented to not play and his body is starting to catch up with the potential. Just a very solid second ruck performance and the kind of thing we've been calling out for from Lobb.

2. Buku is growing into that backline. Tough role as the second key back and I thought today will be a big confidence boost.

3. There's still life in Treloar. I thought he brought some genuine heat early on and seemed stung by criticism. One of his more impactful performances

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. I enjoy going to Ballarat - it was great to see a full ground with RWB everywhere. Reminded me of the old days of suburban footy

2. Straight kicking makes a big difference

3. AFL got it wrong with Zero round - we were under done last week against a team that had alreaday played an extra game.
    3 - i think you might be on to something.

If they're going to do that, the teams that played rotate around and play each other again.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I have no idea if Buku is going to make it, but based on what he showed today, I totally get why the club is giving him every chance to prove himself. He's got some real nice traits to work with. If he can reliably get the bread and butter defensive stuff done pat, then he brings alot of what we need out of the back half.

2. I don't care about Bramble's lack of market appeal, if he can step in and perform a consistent role like he performed both last and this week, then he's a long term AFL player

3. We've never been more spoiled for genuine marking ability at either end of the ground than we are now.

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

If they're going to do that, the teams that played rotate around and play each other again.
    That would be the way to do it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

We ****ing hate common sense shit like that at the AFL. Either we do it in a way that is unfair to a set few clubs or we don't ****in do it at all.

Round 0, Gather Round, all our random bullshit needs to produce unequal opportunities in a sporting competition because that's what the fans want we've decided.

17. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 - Our midfield rose to the challenge and reestablished their position as one of the best.
    2 - Liam Jones got through 100% of the game and pushed back any questions on age slowing him down.
    3 - Accurate goal kicking lead by Cody and Oskar set the scene for us.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Tackling was solid
    Still High Balls going inside F50, not as bad if we have the crumbers crumbing?
    More Goals than Behinds is a winner

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have improved. That performance was better than any I can remember from last year. Crucially, we've improved our team defence / pressure, and were able to capitalise with (what was apparently) our most ever intercept marks.

2. Bailey Williams is a player that thrives with the stimulation of a challenge. Gave us great service when shifted down back in 2021, and did well again when shifted to the wing. In the aftermath of each of those changes, he's gone through form slumps. Keep him moving I reckon - he had some big moments covering for Coffield down back.

3. Ed Richards is the centrepiece of our revamped pressure game, and he'll be a huge loss in the coming week or two.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

21. Likes Sedat liked this post