Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  199
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Suns - Round 2, 24/3/24 Mars Stadium, Ballarat 1.00pm

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Watching the replay (finally) - very good result and game.

Much better intensity and pressure at the source which fuelled our intercept game and then our run and carry.

Individually I was impressed by Khamis, Darcy, Baker and Bramble. Important we get contributions from these types and they were excellent.

Bont and Libba immense. Cant be understated. Jones very good.

Thought Williams had some good moments at half back - hope he stays there. JJs run is vital, Richards was strong prior to the concussion, Sanders much improved, Treloar a LOT better all round performance.

Positive signs, but it's one week.
    Yep, we defended the entire ground a lot better this week. The media are focusing on our record number of rebound marks in D50 (which was great) but the work done further up the ground by our mids/high half forwards/wingers to pressure GC's ball movement into their F50 was at the level we need to be a contender in 2024. It was encouraging to see.

Pretty underrated performance by us actually - GC are a quality team and we bossed them all game except for 5 minute patches late in the 3rd and in the middle of the 2nd.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, we defended the entire ground a lot better this week. The media are focusing on our record number of rebound marks in D50 (which was great) but the work done further up the ground by our mids/high half forwards/wingers to pressure GC's ball movement into their F50 was at the level we need to be a contender in 2024. It was encouraging to see.

Pretty underrated performance by us actually - GC are a quality team and we bossed them all game except for 5 minute patches late in the 3rd and in the middle of the 2nd.
    How big an impact did Witts out have on the result?

Without Witts GC are just a run of the mill team such is his importance to their clearance game.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying the media doesn't understand intercepts and scoring opportunities are often symptoms of what happens elsewhere on the ground? No way!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How big an impact did Witts out have on the result?

Without Witts GC are just a run of the mill team such is his importance to their clearance game.
    Witts out was definitely a factor in our favour, but English didn't really boss the stoppages/clearances on the day as he otherwise would have been expected to against Moyle.

GC got enough looks inside 50 to be much more competitive and in the game than they were. I was happy with the way we defended the whole ground when GC had possession - 1 game is a tiny sample size but it was a big improvement on what we've done the last 2 years when we don't have the ball.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Witts out was definitely a factor in our favour, but English didn't really boss the stoppages/clearances on the day as he otherwise would have been expected to against Moyle.

GC got enough looks inside 50 to be much more competitive and in the game than they were. I was happy with the way we defended the whole ground when GC had possession - 1 game is a tiny sample size but it was a big improvement on what we've done the last 2 years when we don't have the ball.
    We were pretty good at it in the first half of last year as well. That's why I struggle with the game plan and coaching talk from a tactical and strategy perspective. The difference between shit and good with us usually comes down to effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We were pretty good at it in the first half of last year as well. That's why I struggle with the game plan and coaching talk from a tactical and strategy perspective. The difference between shit and good with us usually comes down to effort.
    So taking that thought a bit further.

You have been really strong on the players not pulling their weight effort wise and our depth is questionable.

Do you think if we maintain the rage (effort) over the entire year that can offset our depth issues?

Or it’s not as simple as that?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

You have been really strong on the players not pulling their weight effort wise and our depth is questionable.

Do you think if we maintain the rage (effort) over the entire year that can offset our depth issues?

The question wasn't for me, but yes absolutely. It won't mean we win the flag, but our football talent is good enough for top 4 when we have relentless effort.

Our 2024 list is better than Collingwood's in 2023. But gee they wanted it, and worked together for it, in a way that our team hasn't since 2021.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The question wasn't for me, but yes absolutely. It won't mean we win the flag, but our football talent is good enough for top 4 when we have relentless effort.

Our 2024 list is better than Collingwood's in 2023. But gee they wanted it, and worked together for it, in a way that our team hasn't since 2021.
    With our effort being so inconsistent the last couple of years hopefully that switch has permanently flicked for the remainder of 2024.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I think it's enough for us to be really competitive and make finals, possibly be in the top four or five teams in the competition. Especially if our depth players raise and maintain the requisite standard.

It's too early in the season to really know who's going to be good, and that has a massive bearing on how good we are.