Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  75
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 4 vs Geelong (Gather Round)

We need to negate Stewart , he intercepts everything week in week out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Khamis was great today but we can play both of them against Geelong.
    Buku was good today but he can't play on Hawkins and Cameron will turn him inside out. He is still learning how to defend and he still loses touch with his opponents. I think JOD needs to play. If they want to play a floating defender then happy for Buku to take that role.

3. Likes GVGjr, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need another key defender v Geelong but perhaps we can swing it with Darcy having flexibility and bringing Richards back.

This will be the biggest test we've had in a long while. Last two weeks have been positive, but Geelong is our bogey side and they're better than what we've faced the last two weeks.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong backing up after only five days and travelling. That?s a tough ask, especially for their older players like Hawkins.

Hopefully it?s a physical game tomorrow and the Hawks can make it a real contest.

Already without Danger. They have managed Stanley and Touhy this week, so imagine they will come in against us.

6. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    We usually just manage to kick the ball to him 20 times. Stopping him is easier said than done. Not sure who the best match up would be. Really can’t kick blindly into the forward line here.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

So Geelong will be coming off a 5 day break but theyre still a solid and experienced side.

Hawkins, Cameron, Stengle and Miers are capable of kicking multiple goals and our back line will need to perform.
    I don't like the 2nd ruck match up and Blicavs will be way too mobile for Darcy.
    I know he is young and inexperienced at the moment but I didn't think much of Darcy's game yesterday and we seemed to lose momentum around the middle when he went onto the ball.

Id be very tempted to bring back Lobb for this game but think we will just go for Richards for Duryea who would be very unlucky and Keath or O'Donnell for Poulter.

Khamis can play on their new kid Dempsey and Richards can play on Stengle.

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb was best on last year against Geelong, and has dominated the VFL in his two week absence, so he has to play. Darcy would naturally be on the chopping block, but I'd hope that Jamarra's name also gets raised after two poor performances in a row.

Down back is a massive headache. Gallagher and Baker have found their feet on the wings and Williams has found his at half back. Bramble and Johannisen have been consistent performers over the first few rounds. Duryea turned back the clock against the Weagles, with Bevo calling him 'quite outstanding' in the post match. Khamis has battled well down there and this was probably his best game. Yet Richards and one of O'Donnell or Keath have to come back in - what to do? Multiple players are going to be very unlucky.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

11. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Buku was good today but he can't play on Hawkins and Cameron will turn him inside out. He is still learning how to defend and he still loses touch with his opponents. I think JOD needs to play. If they want to play a floating defender then happy for Buku to take that role.
    Keath? He seemed to get into good spots in the VFL game
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Play him like we did McGovern?
    West has done forward tagging jobs at times.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I think JOD comes in for Poulter, assuming Ed isn't ready and Libba is okay.

If Libba is out, either Harmes or Garcia are in - I suspect it would be Harmes, with Macrae taking Libba's role.

Duryea to Stengle.
    Jones to Hawkins.
    JOD to Cameron (eeek, good luck).
    Buku to Henry.

Post Thanks / Like

It had been predicted to rain this afternoon, so I was hoping it would make this afternoon's game even more of a slog...but the forecast has changed unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this is priority 1. I wonder if Rhylee West could play this role.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we have a choice other than to include JOD to take on Cameron. I feel that the combined effort of matching Cameron's running and then overcoming his advantage in body size would see Buku gassed before half-time. Given that Ed Richards has to come back, it means two from this week's team have to make way.

I'm thinking Caleb Poulter is one but then it's a toss-up between Taylor Duryea and Bailey Dale. Duryea is better defensively but Dale gives us significantly greater rebound and metres gained. So I think Dale gets the nod. Good luck with choosing the sub. Maybe Harvey Gallagher or Caleb Daniel will be the unlucky one.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if we are bringing Richards back, we could consider having him or another of our defenders (perhaps Buku?) play as a defensive forward on Tom Stewart.
    Hawkins and Cameron will get their opportunities regardless, but limiting those chances is reliant on what else is happening on the ground. We need to ensure we are getting good value out of our F50 entries and not just kicking it straight to Stewart like we (and many other teams) usually do. I'd go with Richards.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reality is no one in the league can effectively stop Tom Stewart, so putting a defensive player on him to me seems counterproductive.

What we need to do is to look for Stewarts match up when we have the ball in hand, especially if his man one of Naughton, JUH, Weightman or Lobb/Darcy.

If we do we want to send someone to Stewart I think VDM is the man, if anything VDM will annoy the living shit out of Stewart and hopefully take his mind off the game mentally.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

21. Likes hujsh, Pleather Sole liked this post