Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  114
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 5 vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    But if Laith isn't playing who will we have doing zoomies while his opponents stand still and move the ball around him?
    He reminds me of a kid driving a dodgem car. One speed only, over which he has no control, bounces off one obstacle after another while the operator stands calmly in the middle watching him with bemusement.

2. Likes Grantysghost, Critter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pottz View Post
    He reminds me of a kid driving a dodgem car. One speed only, over which he has no control, bounces off one obstacle after another while the operator stands calmly in the middle watching him with bemusement.
    But the operator is Zach Guthrie.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Wow. That is harsh on Ads. He had 10 coaches votes last week. This week he gets 37 touches and kicks the goal to get us back in the game. Five tackles too.
    Hotdog60 is very harsh on Treloar imo, of 19 woofers who have voted 9 have Treloar in their votes, I'll take a game of 37 possessions, a goal, 5 tackles and 6 clearances anytime.

6. Likes Jeanette54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Hotdog60 is very harsh on Treloar imo, of 19 woofers who have voted 9 have Treloar in their votes, I'll take a game of 37 possessions, a goal, 5 tackles and 6 clearances anytime.
    I did hear during the telecast or post game that he was running at 50% efficiency for the night. 37 touches and turned it over half the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I did hear during the telecast or post game that he was running at 50% efficiency for the night. 37 touches and turned it over half the time.
    He went at 60%. The exact same as Bont. Libba went at 65%.

Post Thanks / Like

He went at 60%. The exact same as Bont. Libba went at 65%.
    Ok. What was their midfield running at then? It seems high but I'm so far out of the loop now I'm not sure what a pass mark is? 100 disposals at 60% just seems wasteful?

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb Daniel won't be playing next week I think that we can guarantee, it's disappointing in a side that is lacking skill we really need more from him. Just watching Miers last night, Caleb has the ability to be that effective by foot hopefully he can find something at VFL level.

I still find it strange that a player finishes high up in the best and fairest, gets voted in the leadership ground and yet is on the outer from round 1.

Post Thanks / Like

I still think it's on the coaches not identifying a role/team balance that can utilise his skillset most effectively. I don't know what role he is meant to be playing?

Stats say Daniel had the highest average speed on the ground, both offensively and defensively.

He put on 13 pressure acts, had 11 disposals at 80% and laid 4 tackles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ok. What was their midfield running at then? It seems high but I'm so far out of the loop now I'm not sure what a pass mark is? 100 disposals at 60% just seems wasteful?
    I think a pass mark is different depending on where and how you get your possesions. But let's look at the Geelong prolific ball winners from last night.

Cameron 63%
    Bowers 69%
    Miers 77%
    Guthrie 85%
    Stewart 75%
    Holmes 80%
    Parfitt 47%
    Dempsey 73%

Now lets do the Dogs

Treloar 60%
    Libba 66%
    Bont 60%
    Sanders 74%
    Richards 76%
    Williams 83%
    English 65%
    Dale 69%
    Baker 94%
    Naughton 73%
    JJ 73%
    Gallagher 67%

For the match.

Dogs 71% Vs Cats 72%

So the pass mark is 70%, but probably a bit lower if you are getting a higher % of your possesions contested. Let's run with 75% for an outside player. 65% for an inside mid. 70% for inbetween. That is for last night.

However, last week we went at 81%, which shows you that Geelong brought a lot more pressure on the ball carrier versus the Eagels.

In each of our four games. Whoever has won that stat, disposal effeciency ... won the game.

Demons 76%. Dogs 73%.
    Dogs 76%. Suns 68%.
    Dogs 81%. Eagles 73%.
    Dogs 71%. Cats 72%.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 07-04-2024 at 01:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate. Excellent post!
    Last edited by G-Mo77; 07-04-2024 at 12:44 PM.

14. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a pass mark is different depending on where and how you get your possesions. But let's look at the Geelong prolific ball winners from last night.

Cameron 63%
    Bowers 69%
    Miers 77%
    Guthrie 85%
    Stewart 75%
    Holmes 80%
    Parfitt 47%
    Dempsey 73%

Now lets do the Dogs

Treloar 60%
    Libba 66%
    Bont 60%
    Sanders 74%
    Richards 76%
    Williams 83%
    English 65%
    Dale 69%
    Baker 94%
    Naughton 73%
    JJ 73%
    Gallagher 67%

For the match.

Dogs 71% Vs Cats 72%

So the pass mark is 70%, but probably a bit lower if you are getting a higher % of your possesions contested. Let's run with 75% for an outside player. 65% for an inside mid. 70% for inbetween. That is for last night.

However, last week we went at 81%, which shows you that Geelong brought a lot more pressure on the ball carrier versus the Eagels.

In each of our four games. Whoever has one that stat, disposal effeciency ... won the game.

Demons 76%. Dogs 73%.
    Dogs 76%. Suns 68%.
    Dogs 81%. Eagles 73%.
    Dogs 71%. Cats 72%.
    Thanks for this Angelopetraglia - meaningful stats, great post.

16. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I am being very harsh Westbulldog, I don't think I have ever seen him run flat out but that might be because of his injury history. So many times I've seen the oppo mids just run away from him at least with Libba you can see his legs moving at a hundred miles an hour but he is just not quick. Treloar seems he should be more aggressive with his running but it just looks like he is going at half pace.
    Offensively I don't have a problem its just when he needs to chase but as I said it might be down to his history I just find him a frustrating player without the ball.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I am being very harsh Westbulldog, I don't think I have ever seen him run flat out but that might be because of his injury history. So many times I've seen the oppo mids just run away from him at least with Libba you can see his legs moving at a hundred miles an hour but he is just not quick. Treloar seems he should be more aggressive with his running but it just looks like he is going at half pace.
    Offensively I don't have a problem its just when he needs to chase but as I said it might be down to his history I just find him a frustrating player without the ball.
    Would be leading our B&F at the moment.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Would be leading our B&F at the moment.
    Nah! Bont has that rapped up.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Very close game against a very good side, so little reason to make significant change. At minimum, I?d be swapping Macrae and Daniel around, and give it another week before considering whether Garcia replaces VDM, though I think we?d miss the defensive aspect of his game which often goes underrated.

The one player I?m worried about right now is Dale. He was elite a couple years ago, and now just seems an absolute passenger. I don?t know if he?s genuinely out of form, or being asked to perform a role he isn?t suited to, but his impact is minimal these days, and he rarely puts his pace to good use.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post