Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  114
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 5 vs Essendon

Three-time All-Australian Jack Macrae replaced Daniel late in the third quarter on the weekend after starting as the substitute in his second game back in the senior side, following a month in the VFL.

Beveridge is confident the Victorian can ignite his season in the not too distant future after dealing with an interrupted pre-season, where he missed the February block of training after injuring his hamstring on the club's pre-season camp on the Sunshine Coast.

"Like Caleb, Jack will have a significant influence at some stage and could be this week. We don't discount that. Jack will play (at some level), but as far as formalising where that will be, we will probably have to wait until Friday night," he said.

Source: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1105834

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Bevo is saying don't be suprised if both Macrae and Caleb are in the VFL this week.

3. Likes hujsh, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He actually said Macrae will play AFL, but won't disclose "where" until Friday night, which suggests he may be Sub or at least that is what Bevo is gently guiding people to believe.

5. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Lyons View Post
    He actually said Macrae will play AFL, but won't disclose "where" until Friday night, which suggests he may be Sub or at least that is what Bevo is gently guiding people to believe.
    Thanks for that. I have not listened to the presser yet, but will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Caleb Daniel's spot in the Bulldogs' best 23 is up in the air after the 2020 All-Australian and Charles Sutton Medal winner was substituted out of last Saturday night's narrow loss to Geelong at Adelaide Oval.

Beveridge said Daniel's form has suffered from being moved around the ground across the pre-season and early stages of the year and might result in some time at VFL level to settle in one spot and help him regain form.

"There is no absolute need to do anything. When we think about Caleb and the role he might play week to week, he has been pretty adept at playing all over the ground across the journey. He is one of those players that doesn't necessarily settle in one area," Beveridge said.

"I suppose the team needs have come before Caleb's to a degree and that's always hard for a player to process and deal with. He is such a great character with great integrity, he will always process things in accordance with what's best for the team.

"He will probably spend a bit of time at half-back. If he plays State League then maybe he spends some time there. It just depends on who is playing well at different areas at AFL level and where he in the end gets his claws into the competition again. We've got no doubt that will happen."

Source: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1105834
    Gee CD is marked hard. I read it as we ask CD to play everywhere and if that unsettles him we'll drop him and play him off half back in the VFL. Tough gig.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The consensus on here has been we need to inject real pace, we need to make significant changes to our structure across all three lines, and we need to reward form above reputation. In my view this is exactly what the MC is doing and I applaud it.
    My only concern is the lack of a second tall down back, which I believe has only occurred through injury, and I expect a tall, probably JOD, to come in soon. Probably this week in place of Daniel.

10. Likes angelopetraglia, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    The consensus on here has been we need to inject real pace, we need to make significant changes to our structure across all three lines, and we need to reward form above reputation. In my view this is exactly what the MC is doing and I applaud it.
    My only concern is the lack of a second tall down back, which I believe has only occurred through injury, and I expect a tall, probably JOD, to come in soon. Probably this week in place of Daniel.
    Correct

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo spoke about our instability at the stoppage against the Cats in the first half. He said that the Cats had ruck dominance in the game. He then went onto mention that Goldy and Draper are going to be a handful for us this week and that Timmy and Sam are going to have their work cut out.

Really putting the acid on Tim to peform this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo spoke about our instability at the stoppage against the Cats in the first half. He said that the Cats had ruck dominance in the game. He then went onto mention that Goldy and Draper are going to be a handful for us this week and that Timmy and Sam are going to have their work cut out.

Really putting the acid on Tim to perform this week.
    which means no Lobb again
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    which means no Lobb again
    He specifically answered the Lobb question.

He said that they considered adding him, but it is too much to play the five talls (Marra, Naughts, Darcy, Timmy & Lobb). He said that if Naughts or Marra were injured he would play Lobb in a heartbeat. He said everything has to go perfect if you play four talls up forward with the way the ball comes in. He also said that you sacrafice a small who can be dangerous played close to goal and gave Weightman as an example. A small will pop up and pay dividiends for you.

So yes. No Lobb.

15. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pace is good but kicking the bloody ball better eats space better than the fastest player so that would be nice too.

There is no 2 metre Peter so their only genuine tall threat is Jones and Draper when he pushes forward. I wouldn't bring JOD in this week I don't reckon he's required.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Goldstein?

Post Thanks / Like

Goldstein?
    Vastly experienced and still a difficult opponent for any opposition ruckman, the youngsters will know they have been in a contest.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Really putting the acid on Tim to peform this week.
    Essendon won the hitouts v Port last week 34-23 but lost the clearances 30-39 and were smashed in centre clearances 6-19. This against a lone Ivan Soldo. Tim with support from Darcy really shouldn't be lowering their colours this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Essendon won the hitouts v Port last week 34-23 but lost the clearances 30-39 and were smashed in centre clearances 6-19. This against a lone Ivan Soldo. Tim with support from Darcy really shouldn't be lowering their colours this week.
    I'm not expecting Tim to win the hitouts, this week, though I expect he'll be influential around the ground.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.