Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  113
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 6 vs St Kilda

Garcia has to come in now and i'd also bring in Dale and Daniel at the expense of Libba with his rest, Bramble and Baker, with one of those two as sub to bring some run if required.

How i'd like us to set up, i know it won't happen and i've been a huge Naughton plays CHF supporter for a long time however, the time is right now with Darcy ready to go along with Jamarra also taking grabs at will, for Naughton to goto CHB for team balance, i'd also give Bont more time up forward too to mix up the midfield a bit more.

Dale to a wing with Williams back, Dale imo could easily play that "don't have to defend just get the ball and run and hit up a forward target without panicking with his elite skills" type of role similar to Ed Langdon.

MacRae to work his butt off in the middle with the instructions to go hard, Bont obviously, Garcia in there as well, Treloar, Sanders, West at times and Ed Richards, remember reading one of Gary's training reports of Ed doing some midfield work and doing extremely well, why not place him in the mix? Daniel is more than capable of playing back.

The team is stale, the structure is uneven well looks it anyway, let's freshen things up a bit and see what happens, can't get any worse than last friday, right?

2. Likes Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo is 2 wins, 6 losses when coaching against Ross.

This has such a familiar feel to it. Like after we got melted by the Dees last year and were gonna bounce back.

If Bevo is coaching for his career, I’m not sure there could be a worse match up for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints love us at marvel , one positive .. no Billing’s.
    Like a lot of players from opposition teams who are shite he only ever turned up against us.
    Bring back the biff

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Saints love us at marvel , one positive .. no Billing’s.
    Like a lot of players from opposition teams who are shite he only ever turned up against us.
    I think Billings is actually ok and wouldn't have hated if we picked him up.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Bevo is 2 wins, 6 losses when coaching against Ross.

This has such a familiar feel to it. Like after we got melted by the Dees last year and were gonna bounce back.

If Bevo is coaching for his career, I’m not sure there could be a worse match up for him.
    Four of Lyon's wins against us were in Perth, and one was in Melbourne in 2015 whilst he was with Freo. Bevo's wins were at Docklands.

He's one-up against us as Saints coach in his second dig.

Not too stressed about the head to head, if I'm honest.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I think Billings is actually ok and wouldn't have hated if we picked him up.
    Agree he's pretty solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb Daniel will spend a second week in the VFL after missing out on selection for Thursday night?s crunch match against St Kilda.

The Western Bulldogs? 2020 best-and-fairest winner lit up the VFL in last week?s curtain-raiser with 26 disposals and 102 SuperCoach points.

Daniel recorded a kicking efficiency of 94.1 per cent with 16 out of his 17 kicks nailing the target.

But it is understood that was not enough to earn a recall against the Saints.

Coach Luke Beveridge often gives players in Daniel?s situation multiple weeks in the VFL.

Teammate Jack Macrae played three full VFL games on return from a hamstring injury before earning a recall against the Eagles.

Daniel will head to Point Gellibrand Oval in Williamstown on Saturday to take on the Seagulls instead of tackling the Saints.

It means by the end of round 6 the All-Australian halfback would have played only two full matches at AFL level ? which the Bulldogs both won convincingly against Gold Coast and West Coast.

Daniel started as the substitute in the round 1 loss to Melbourne, was substituted out of the round 4 loss against Geelong and was axed for last week?s loss against Essendon.

Last week was the 27-year-old?s first VFL game in seven years.

It had appeared that premiership coach Luke Beveridge no longer thought Daniel?s best position was behind the ball.

Last year Daniel spent 40 per cent of his game time forward and 39 per cent in the midfield or wings.

But in somewhat of a surprise, Dogs development coach Alex Johnson said Daniel was used in the defence in the VFL last week.

Johnson said Daniel?s creativity to change angles was ?really important? to Footscray?s ball movement and unlocking the VFL dogs in defence.

?It was a pleasure for me to coach him down in the back half,? Johnson said.

?He was really invested in the younger guys and wanted to help them. His direction out there was awesome.

?It probably took him a little bit of time to adjust to the VFL ? it?s quite a different speed to AFL and isn?t as predictable ? but his second-half was really good.?

Daniel is contracted at Whitten Oval until the end of 2026 on a deal worth roughly $700,000 per season.

The Dogs must make at least one forced change with Tom Liberatore placed in concussion protocols.

It was thought that one of Riley Garcia or James Harmes would replace Liberatore after they both dominated in the VFL midfield last week.

But they could now both win selection as the Dogs consider making more than one move at selection.

Harmes had 34 disposals, 1.2 and 147 SuperCoach points last week. Garcia had 35 disposals, five tackles, five clearances and 148 SuperCoach points.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does this information leak to Sam?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Lol.
    Why is it funny?

That Caleb wasn't selected? Even the guys reviewing the (VFL) game on here last week said 'Garcia best. Daniel good but could do more...'.

I don't get it?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Why is it funny?

That Caleb wasn't selected? Even the guys reviewing the (VFL) game on here last week said 'Garcia best. Daniel good but could do more...'.

I don't get it?
    The whole Daniel situation.

Give him a multi year 700k a season deal, put him in the leadership then obviously something gone on over the preseason and he's not professional enough anymore and not even good enough for a team struggling as bad as ours.

It's weird and hes not alone.
    The curse is dead.

19. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    His dad is the ex doctor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Why is it funny?

I don't get it?
    He didn't seem outstanding that being said one missed kick out of 17 is better than ok. A good ball user in this team would be very welcome. I guess it's not to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The whole Daniel situation.

Give him a multi year 700k a season deal, put him in the leadership then obviously something gone on over the preseason and he's not professional enough anymore and not even good enough for a team struggling as bad as ours.

It's weird and hes not alone.
    Yeah - don't get me wrong, I do get all of that. I just don't see how one week in the VFL changes anything...

I honestly suspect it will be something like this:

Caleb - we are going to move you back into the defensive group. What's going to happen from here is you're going to go and train/craft with the backs during the week and play a couple of games in the 2's making sure you know what the new system is down there...

Ultimately, Bevo could tell the backs coach just to deal with it and play him now but I doubt he would do that...seems to be pretty keen to allow his line coaches to run their lines/policy to be policy.

As for the leadership group, 700k stuff...well, if we throw selection decisions out the door based on status, history or pay cheque I'm not sure that's a great idea either.

Do I want Caleb in? Of course - seems like a good player to me. But now he's 'out' he needs to fix/craft whatever he is out for then come back in with both good form and a renewed purpose...

It's the whole 'two wrongs don't make a right scenario'. Maybe we shouldn't have demoted him to sub and ultimately dropped him. But now that we have bringing him back without fixing whatever it is would be equally foolish. Clear the decks then bring him back.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

23. Thanks chef, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Smads57, Mofra liked this post