Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  113
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 6 vs St Kilda

Saints will flog us. So we should:

- bring in Dale, Daniel, play McRae full matches.
    - play Naughton CHB.

Then when we lose by 10 goals, which we will no matter what the selections are, Bevo can just say “see… it doesn’t work” and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see the response from the players Thursday night. It will tell us a lot about them.

If they cop a hiding i think it may be the end of Bevo.

The other concern is trying to sign Marra when the club appears to be in such a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    It will be interesting to see the response from the players Thursday night. It will tell us a lot about them.

The other concern is trying to sign Marra when the club appears to be in such a mess.
    Absolutely.

I actually think we win this week PURELY because of the heat on the club. Bont, Naughton and co are proud footballers, I think they're storing up everything they read and hear this week and attack the first quarter with a venom we haven't seen in a while.

For mine, the question is what happens next? I think we'll be so amped up on emotion on Thursday that you can't really take much from the match. But does it give us momentum to spark the season or was it a flash in the pan? I think we beat the Saints comfortably but I still have big questions about whether it'll say anything about if we have a viable and winning brand of footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Absolutely.

I actually think we win this week PURELY because of the heat on the club. Bont, Naughton and co are proud footballers, I think they're storing up everything they read and hear this week and attack the first quarter with a venom we haven't seen in a while.

For mine, the question is what happens next? I think we'll be so amped up on emotion on Thursday that you can't really take much from the match. But does it give us momentum to spark the season or was it a flash in the pan? I think we beat the Saints comfortably but I still have big questions about whether it'll say anything about if we have a viable and winning brand of footy.
    This is absolutely our statement match, just as Essendon had theirs against us.

I'm not sure we'll win comfortably but anything less than a red hot crack, we're kidding ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

IN: Garcia, Daniel, Harmes; Dale
    OUT: Liberatore, Baker, Macrae; Bramble
    Sub: Sanders

Macrae got enough possessions but he doesn?t hurt the opposition or athletic enough for how the game is currently played.

Idea with brining Harmes in is to play as a defensive midfielder of some description. Sorry fellow woofers.

Dale has been poor but I still believe he is a better option than Bramble.

Daniel replaces Sanders who remains as the sub.

English is lucky we don?t have another ruckman ready to play. I am really concerned what Marshall will do to English. Marshall is just as athletic but a lot more physical.

CBA is Bontempelli, Treloar, Harmes - Garcia, Weightman to roll in also. Might also be worthwhile looking at West as part of the CBA rotations.

Daniel to a wing; opposite Williams.
    Dale to the HB replacing Bramble.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post

We'll actually win this game comfortably and next week wonder what all the angst was about

Then we'll get starched by Freo and we'll be back here again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes lemmon, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    IN: Garcia, Daniel, Harmes; Dale
    OUT: Liberatore, Baker, Macrae; Bramble

Macrae got enough possessions but he doesn?t hurt the opposition or athletic enough for how the game is currently played.

Idea with brining Harmes in is to play as a defensive midfielder of some description. Sorry fellow woofers.

Dale has been poor but I still believe he is a better option than Bramble.

Daniel replaces Sanders who remains as the sub.

English is lucky we don?t have another ruckman ready to play. I am really concerned what Marshall will do to English. Marshall is just as athletic but a lot more physical.

CBA is Bontempelli, Treloar, Harmes - Garcia, Weightman to roll in also. Might also be worthwhile looking at West as part of the CBA rotations.

Daniel to a wing; opposite Williams.
    Dale to the HB replacing Bramble.
    Naughton got our first goal at the three minute mark of the first quarter. It was the result of a perfect pass from Macrae (or so I thought at the time). Naughton got our last goal. It was the result of very smart play by McRae. B between those two incidents McRae had over 20 possessions and all them high-quality, getting the ball into the hands of teammates in virtually every occasion. He was responsible for highly efficient intelligent play.

Unlike a lot of his teammates who simply put on a display of what not to do.

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This is absolutely our statement match, just as Essendon had theirs against us.

I'm not sure we'll win comfortably but anything less than a red hot crack, we're kidding ourselves.
    It feels very much like round 3 v Brisbane last year. We were awful in the first 2 rounds, the pressure was on and we came out and beat the Lions. It wasn't pretty but the effort was vastly improved. I'm expecting something similar on Thursday, whether it will be enough to win I've got no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I don't mind the team but I hate this.

When young players come into a hot game, they cannot pick the pace of it up and they make mistakes that COST GAMES.

I would argue that subbing in Erasmus essentially cost Fremantle the game against Port. He is an exciting kid and very talented but the moment was just too much for him...had he been IN the game, no issue.

Inexperienced player as the sub simply doesn't work.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Sedat, Mofra, jDogs, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I don't mind the team but I hate this.

When young players come into a hot game, they cannot pick the pace of it up and they make mistakes that COST GAMES.

I would argue that subbing in Erasmus essentially cost Fremantle the game against Port. He is an exciting kid and very talented but the moment was just too much for him...had he been IN the game, no issue.

Inexperienced player as the sub simply doesn't work.
    Shouldn’t be a sub , play him in the twos if that’s the case, get more game time.
    Bring back the biff

14. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, why do apostrophes written on a mobile turn up as question marks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Also, why do apostrophes written on a mobile turn up as question marks?
    It's a translation issue. Paid a guy to sort it out for us it and upgrade the site and for 4 months he didn't do anything.
    With the season starting I had to defer.
    Hopefully I can get it sorted
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a translation issue. Paid a guy to sort it out for us it and upgrade the site and for 4 months he didn't do anything.
    Always pay after the event.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Legit if we can't win this with five first 22 players out for the Aints we are totally cooked and so is Bevo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I actually like it has a loose af feel.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes jeemak liked this post