Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment; Rnd 2, 2024 vs Gold Coast

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Gold Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment; Rnd 2, 2024 vs Gold Coast

The moment for mine was Bontempelli?s fourth quarter and in particular a couple of minute patch with about fourteen minutes left on the clock and he iced the game.

First was his slick handball to Weightman in the goal square to allow Weightman to kick his sixth.

The next moment was around thirteen minutes left on the clock.

We got the next centre clearance and Marra dropped the mark just inside our 50m, the ball bobbled around and a Gold Coast player managed to take possession and got a handball and it looked like they would be away, except Bontempelli got a hand in deflected the ball away and we got a dump kick inside 50.

About another minute later there was a ball up 48 meters out from our goal, English taps the ball to Bont who kicks the ball around the corner for his second goal of the game from about 45m out.

Game over.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes hujsh, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The moment for mine was Bontempelli?s fourth quarter and in particular a couple of minute patch with about fourteen minutes left on the clock and he iced the game.

First was his slick handball to Weightman in the goal square to allow Weightman to kick his sixth.

The next moment was around thirteen minutes left on the clock.

We got the next centre clearance and Marra dropped the mark just inside our 50m, the ball bobbled around and a Gold Coast player managed to take possession and got a handball and it looked like they would be away, except Bontempelli got a hand in deflected the ball away and we got a dump kick inside 50.

About another minute later there was a ball up 48 meters out from our goal, English taps the ball to Bont who kicks the ball around the corner for his second goal of the game from about 45m out.

Game over.
    Great, vivid description. Agree. Knowing our recent ability to clutch defeat from winning positions all these passages of play by Sir Bont were important. That slick handball to Cody was a thing of beauty. Slow mo replay require d to show how good it was.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Vandemeer got under their skin today and definitely put them off.
    He has always seemed a smartarse, not that I don’t like it I think you need one in the team.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I actually think Vandemeer got under their skin today and definitely put them off.
    He has always seemed a smartarse, not that I don’t like it I think you need one in the team.
    After Q1 I thought he played ok, and yeah he riled them. That melee that ensued, after his academy award performance after what looked like a mere glance to his head, was a bit of fun too.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a patch I think relatively early in the in the last where we worked it all the way out of defense, with guys winning key aerial one on one's at each step of the way.
    Resulted in a goal as well.

8. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    After Q1 I thought he played ok, and yeah he riled them. That melee that ensued, after his academy award performance after what looked like a mere glance to his head, was a bit of fun too.
    Gives me the impression he likes to mouth off and get in the opponents heads.
    It’s not often it comes off nowadays but it did today.
    They were giving him taps all day whenever he went near it.
    Libba does it too but I think Libba is a unicorn, I think he uses his strange humour to confuse them, maybe Simpson quotes and let them figure it out.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

3 moments stood out for me.
    Weightmans goal avalanche in the first quarter
    Bakers first goal
    And a tackle from Treloar

All significant at the time
    I will try and narrow it down when I get home
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tackling. Feroucious tackling. When Libba and Treloar started with the intent to put pressure on their mids and be accountable. We were never going to lose.

13. Likes SonofScray, Uninformed, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Gives me the impression he likes to mouth off and get in the opponents heads.
    It’s not often it comes off nowadays but it did today.
    They were giving him taps all day whenever he went near it.
    Libba does it too but I think Libba is a unicorn, I think he uses his strange humour to confuse them, maybe Simpson quotes and let them figure it out.
    Like.

Libba mumbling like Don Corleone ?Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Like.

Libba mumbling like Don Corleone ?Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.?
    Haha that’s Libba to a “T”
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The bit of biff after VDM got into it. Been a while, that’s the spark. Season is on.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar took a strong contested mark at half back early-ish in the last quarter. We then moved the ball down the wing and scored.

If he'd dropped the mark, GC would have likely scored.

18. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont's goal on the siren in the first - 9 goals they were never going to catch us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 goals in the third after they started well. Iced it