Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment; Rnd 2, 2024 vs Gold Coast

Seeing Libba jostle and harass Rowell at the first bounce. I knew we weren’t going to let their mids run amok.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Likes Grantysghost, kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Seeing Libba jostle and harass Rowell at the first bounce. I knew we weren’t going to let their mids run amok.
    Actually a very good match up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He didn’t have a big day, but I thought Wests had some big moments. His attack on the ball that led to the advantage goal for weightmans 5th being the biggest standout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2Koly View Post
    He didn’t have a big day, but I thought Wests had some big moments. His attack on the ball that led to the advantage goal for weightmans 5th being the biggest standout.
    From what you could see on telecast I agree he was ok without heaps of disposals. Hope he can have more games like last week though to cement his spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    From what you could see on telecast I agree he was ok without heaps of disposals. Hope he can have more games like last week though to cement his spot.
    He got a few possessions when he went to the middle in the last, but overall he was terrible.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fleas goal in the last, was a bit hairy up until then.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He got a few possessions when he went to the middle in the last, but overall he was terrible.
    I respect your opinion and presume you watched it at Mars. Did his direct oppo have a field day? Lack of disposals? Caused turnovers? Fumbles? Or all the above!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I respect your opinion and presume you watched it at Mars. Did his direct oppo have a field day? Lack of disposals? Caused turnovers? Fumbles? Or all the above!!!
    Not sure who is opponent was so can't answer that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English after conceding the front position in the first boundary ruck contest finally decided after a week enough is enough and took front position from then on in the first quarter. I thought he was really influential in the first and the game was pretty much done and dusted from then on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted glasses because I love what he brings to the team, but I thought West was just fine today without being outstanding? He played much higher up the ground as a forward flanker rather than as a small deep in our forward line, which can be a hard role to play. He still had 12 disposals, half of which were contested, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, a couple of score involvements and only 1 turnover. Certainly didn't look like a liability from my position at the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment was probably when Witts was ruled out. But probably Bont putting us 41 points ahead at quarter time. Its a big big lead in reality and psychologically.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrydog5 View Post
    Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted glasses because I love what he brings to the team, but I thought West was just fine today without being outstanding? He played much higher up the ground as a forward flanker rather than as a small deep in our forward line, which can be a hard role to play. He still had 12 disposals, half of which were contested, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, a couple of score involvements and only 1 turnover. Certainly didn't look like a liability from my position at the ground.
    When the other small/mid forward kicks 6 - sometimes there's not much left. There's been other times where West is more prominent and Flea quieter. They have different roles of course, and there are days as a small forward where you'll just get missed.