Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soap Box - Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Sounds like the old days at the Western Oval, just goes to show how good supporters have it these days, the comfort of the modern stadium and how easy grounds are to get to, food prices at games, what happened to the days of taking your flask with hot water housing 6 hot dogs in with a fresh bag of Tip Top hot dog buns and a few tomato sauce squeezies for maybe $11 all up, oh and i'm pretty sure we can still take in unopened bottles of drink for $1 a pop when chucking a few in the freezer and bringing to the game?
    You can still take in the hot dog flask. It's a tradition!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You can still take in the hot dog flask. It's a tradition!
    All the more reason to do it at a good old suburban ground, i know this is a rant thread, therefor i'll have a whinge about people whinging

The Dad in me with a few kids being the one going out doing most of the shopping etc, it's all about saving $$$, especially with petrol around the $2.30 Lt mark (that's a rant for a different thread), yeah footy food prices have always been expensive, expensive weak beer in a plastic cup for $11 eeer i'll pass, unfortunately we haven't had any games in Brissy/GC for a few seasons although might make more of an effort getting to some neutral games preferably Suns games at Metricon, but i'm absolutely doing the hot dog thing (6 hot dogs and rolls), freezing a few unopened small plastic Coke bottles for the 4 of us for all under $15.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Sounds like the old days at the Western Oval, just goes to show how good supporters have it these days, the comfort of the modern stadium and how easy grounds are to get to, food prices at games, what happened to the days of taking your flask with hot water housing 6 hot dogs in with a fresh bag of Tip Top hot dog buns and a few tomato sauce squeezies for maybe $11 all up, oh and i'm pretty sure we can still take in unopened bottles of drink for $1 a pop when chucking a few in the freezer and bringing to the game?
    One of the guys I sit with at Marvel always brings a flask with Hot Dogs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne Russell on the broadcast used the term “winless Bulldogs” multiple times. After we’d played one bloody game.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

6. Likes hujsh, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dwayne Russell on the broadcast used the term “winless Bulldogs” multiple times. After we’d played one bloody game.
    Not Dwayne best effort. He's normally better than that.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    He also referred to Jed Walter as 'The Next Big Thing" over and over. The kid hadn't got A kick yet.

Ben Dixon on one of the Foxfooty shows said he will be bigger than Disneyland, bigger than Ablett. FFS let the young fella get a kick before espousing such ridiculous platitudes.

I strongly believe Stringer spiralled after Jon Ralph labelled him The Package and compared him to Gary Ablett SNR.

I think this is sensationalism and irresponsible. That's how shit our media is.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    He also referred to Jed Walter as 'The Next Big Thing" over and over. The kid hadn't got A kick yet.

Ben Dixon on one of the Foxfooty shows said he will be bigger than Disneyland, bigger than Ablett. FFS let the young fella get a kick before espousing such ridiculous platitudes.

I strongly believe Stringer spiralled after Jon Ralph labelled him The Package and compared him to Gary Ablett SNR.

I think this is sensationalism and irresponsible. That's how shit our media is.
    I thought that was Brian Taylorism

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I thought that was Brian Taylorism
    It might be, it was around the same time. I thought it was Ralph initially.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer was the package he just arrived with parts missing and damaged in delivery.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The first rule of media is it's better to be first than to be right.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've got 2 for this week from the game against the Suns.

The first one is the the Ballarat club is about food prices in the club. I thought I'd get a can of Coke Zero when I arrived and the barman told me it was $6 so I declined that and went for the free cup of chilled water. I would imagine they could purchase that for under $1 so there is no way I'm paying $6 for a can of fizzy.

I had a ticket in the Northern stand and at half time I went to the toilet etc. All tickets in the Northern stand were purchased by our supporters. Upon my return a husband and wife couple who weren't there before half time were sitting in my seat.
    I pointed this out to the lady and said 'I'm sorry but your in my seat' 'Prove it' was her response so I showed her the ticket and she still wanted to argue that 'Can't you sit somewhere else there are plenty of empty seats' (This was 10 minutes before the 3rd quarter was about to start) so I said 'No and that the others would return shortly' but she still wanted to argue so at this stage I said to the husband 'if you don't move, I'm going to move you' they both decided to get up and moved to other seats and of course when the people return they had a similar discussion. When they eventually decided to leave the wife was still bitching and moaning.
    I don't know if they were both hot and bothered and they were sick of standing but I didn't expected to have that much push back when I could easily produce the ticket of proof.

Other than that the whole trip to Ballarat and the end result was as good as I hoped for.
    You should have threatened him with the nets G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    You should have threatened him with the nets G.
    sounds like he kinda did!
    I didn't know Gary wasn't averse to throwing hands!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Would have been interesting if the husband said "Try it".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've been watching too much of Fridays with Frank.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"