Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Monday Soap Box - Round Two

Have a rant or vent about something to do with round 2.
    It could be the AFL, umpiring, Kane Cornes, Channel 7 commentary, Rules, Oppo players etc
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soap Box - Round Two

I've got 2 for this week from the game against the Suns.

The first one is the the Ballarat club is about food prices in the club. I thought I'd get a can of Coke Zero when I arrived and the barman told me it was $6 so I declined that and went for the free cup of chilled water. I would imagine they could purchase that for under $1 so there is no way I'm paying $6 for a can of fizzy.

I had a ticket in the Northern stand and at half time I went to the toilet etc. All tickets in the Northern stand were purchased by our supporters. Upon my return a husband and wife couple who weren't there before half time were sitting in my seat.
    I pointed this out to the lady and said 'I'm sorry but your in my seat' 'Prove it' was her response so I showed her the ticket and she still wanted to argue that 'Can't you sit somewhere else there are plenty of empty seats' (This was 10 minutes before the 3rd quarter was about to start) so I said 'No and that the others would return shortly' but she still wanted to argue so at this stage I said to the husband 'if you don't move, I'm going to move you' they both decided to get up and moved to other seats and of course when the people return they had a similar discussion. When they eventually decided to leave the wife was still bitching and moaning.
    I don't know if they were both hot and bothered and they were sick of standing but I didn't expected to have that much push back when I could easily produce the ticket of proof.

Other than that the whole trip to Ballarat and the end result was as good as I hoped for.

3. Likes chef, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My rant today is the axis of evil that fills the speakers of my TV set up. I'm referring to the hideous commentary of Gary Lyon, Jonathon Brown and Nathan Buckley. MY GOD I HATE IT.

They are on KAYO all the time. They have completely destroyed On The Couch with their blokey around the bbq with a few beers style. Their humour is not funny. I can't understand anything Brown says. Lyon has to comment on everything and often interrupts the caller. Buckley isn't too bad but tries to come across as a good bloke too much. Perhaps I should tell him this as he lives near me and I see him at the shops a lot!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My rant today is the axis of evil that fills the speakers of my TV set up. I'm referring to the hideous commentary of Gary Lyon, Jonathon Brown and Nathan Buckley. MY GOD I HATE IT.

They are on KAYO all the time. They have completely destroyed On The Couch with their blokey around the bbq with a few beers style. Their humour is not funny. I can't understand anything Brown says. Lyon has to comment on everything and often interrupts the caller. Buckley isn't too bad but tries to come across as a good bloke too much. Perhaps I should tell him this as he lives near me and I see him at the shops a lot!
    Totally agree with this, the three are very painful with probably Buckley the least, but nevertheless still painful to listen to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tv commentators who just believe what the other ones say , as I mentioned somewhere else , 28 points up but they all went with 21 points up.
    And ffs I heard it all week . Darcy kicking 6 goals in the twos on one program, Darcy kicking 5.1 on another program , he didn’t kicked 5 or 6 . What’s with the making it up without just checking ?

And as I am going on about commentators our own Luke Darcy .. Draper takes a contested overhead mark and Luke responds with due to his soccer skills as a junior.
    Surely they are all just taking the piss now.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes The Doctor, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I had a ticket in the Northern stand and at half time I went to the toilet etc. All tickets in the Northern stand were purchased by our supporters. Upon my return a husband and wife couple who weren't there before half time were sitting in my seat.
    I pointed this out to the lady and said 'I'm sorry but your in my seat' 'Prove it' was her response so I showed her the ticket and she still wanted to argue that 'Can't you sit somewhere else there are plenty of empty seats' (This was 10 minutes before the 3rd quarter was about to start) so I said 'No and that the others would return shortly' but she still wanted to argue so at this stage I said to the husband 'if you don't move, I'm going to move you' they both decided to get up and moved to other seats and of course when the people return they had a similar discussion. When they eventually decided to leave the wife was still bitching and moaning.
    I don't know if they were both hot and bothered and they were sick of standing but I didn't expected to have that much push back when I could easily produce the ticket of proof.
    Earth would be a great place if it weren't for the people.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes chef, jeemak, Sedat, Bulldog Joe, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My rant is the cost of a seat when you've already forked out for a membership.

I stood in the outer which was ok but my view was restricted.

Plus i got sunburnt so i can't win with Ballarat xD

I get we make good cash out of it but personally i'd prefer not playing there. Or maybe just once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Earth would be a great place if it weren't for the people.
    Nick Cave nailed it "People Ain't No Good"
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I get we make good cash out of it but personally i'd prefer not playing there. Or maybe just once.
    Why didn't you ask GVGjr to swap seats with you?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Likes The Doctor, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nick Cave nailed it "People Ain't No Good"
    I prefer the Fauves' approach more.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes jeemak, Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the two game Ballarat membership with a seat in the big stand. Mind you my seat is on the edge and still in the Sun, but I didn't mind.

My Rant is about the three women behind me who thought they knew everything about the game. They yelled at every single play for a free kick(mostly weren't there), they couldn't work out which player was which. They yelled the entire game. The two people sitting next to me said they had enough and moved. I sort of found it funny, but gee, get some binoculars if you can't see across the ground. The older women kept calling VDM Vanderhar
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was traveling back on the train and there were a number of people really badly burnt. One guy, a suns supporter, would really be struggling today as he must not have been wearing a hat or used any sunblock.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was traveling back on the train and there were a number of people really badly burnt. One guy, a suns supporter, would really be struggling today as he must not have been wearing a hat or used any sunblock.
    Well, i had a broad rimmed straw hat.... And i left it in the car as i was running late.
    I had to park miles away so thought i'd get away with the scarf draped over the head.
    Wrong. Im burnt ha.
    I saw Ameet after and he parked right next to the presidents function. No wonder they love it

Post Thanks / Like

Considering the club he supports that’s doing my head in.
    Bring back the biff

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Considering the club he supports that’s doing my head in.
    That irony was not lost on me.