Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Under the pump ? Round two ? Adam Treloar

Wow, I know what you're thinking. I've gone mad.

Treloar had one of the best games in our colours today.

My problem is the utter shit he served up last week with a soft one or two tackle disinterested game.

Perhaps I am unfair picking on him, but one thing that really gives me the shits about our team is that when all individuals play well, and the team plays well for 4 quarters we can beat anyone.

But when was the last time that really happened?

Treloar is an example among many of, in my opinion, far too big a gap between the best and the worst served up.

So my question to you is why do we have this big gap on an individual, team and playing quarter basis across our team?

And how can we fix it?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Under the pump ? Round two ? Adam Treloar

With you 100%

It's the inconsistency of effort that does my head in. Not just match to match but qtr to qtr. Ads is a poster boy for this but not the only one. For every Bont and Libba that we can rely on there are 5 players that you cant rely on. It's why I always loved Dale Morris, put the magnet down and move on.

It seems like such a mental battle for us. In 2016 there was a lot of talk about the impact that Lisa Stevens (I think that was her name) had on the team. Is she still around? Haven't heard much about what we are doing with the psychology side for a long time. If we have not continued to invest in the area I would be looking here to find ways to narrow the gap between our best and worst. If we are I'd be looking for anything we can do to make this as effective as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Wow, I know what you're thinking. I've gone mad.

Treloar had one of the best games in our colours today.

My problem is the utter shit he served up last week with a soft one or two tackle disinterested game.

Perhaps I am unfair picking on him, but one thing that really gives me the shits about our team is that when all individuals play well, and the team plays well for 4 quarters we can beat anyone.

But when was the last time that really happened?

Treloar is an example among many of, in my opinion, far too big a gap between the best and the worst served up.

So my question to you is why do we have this big gap on an individual, team and playing quarter basis across our team?

And how can we fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar's been great.

You blokes are harsh. Not sure what you are looking for him to do but to me he seems to do Adam Treloar things...he was fully formed when he arrived...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of Ads.

Does every player get judged on how they play compared to Bont?

Apart from Bont, is there any player that everyone thinks is consistently good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Treloar's been great.

You blokes are harsh. Not sure what you are looking for him to do but to me he seems to do Adam Treloar things...he was fully formed when he arrived...
    Like just about every other quality footballer he occasionally puts in a sub-par performance but he pays an extremely high price for it with our supporters. Potentially he isn't as admired as he should be because he was so close to Dunkley.
    For what it's worth I thought he was terrific yesterday which the OP acknowledged.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar is good, yesterday he started so well really set the tone.

There probably is something in the bromance, and the fact he didn't really want to come to us (seemed he was forced).

Last week he was not good enough, so any criticism was justified especially as one of the older players. It's interesting that he's not in the leadership group. I would have him in there before Duryea.

Re the OP - how do we fix the gap bw best and worst. Crikey, great question. I'm sure it's being asked internally. I don't know the answer. I could throw out effort, but it's not like they don't try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Treloar's been great.

I was very critical of his game last week due to his half hearted efforts when defending.

In the modern game you simply can?t bludge with your defensive running, which is something that Adam is guilty of.