Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does everyone love JOD so much?

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's all fine...but isn't Cleary the 'obvious' replacement for Coffield?

I like JOD fine btw and am not trying to be the point of dissent. I'm just surprised at how on board everyone is. The venerable Sockeye used to have the 20-game rule and no doubt this is an example of it...probably the most extreme version of it I've seen though.
    Given most of us would probably prefer Buku to be the third tall rather than number 2, JOD (or Keath) allows us to rebalance the backline. Whilst Cleary is 191cm he doesn't seem to have to ability to play a little taller like Coffield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pleather Sole View Post
    Agreed. I'd much rather get games and AFL pressure in to young promising players than have the older blokes who seem made of glass recently (despite being very good a few years ago & 'ideal height/build etc) and are one injury off retirement hobbling off then we're left with bringing on the young players without enough experience anyway. Apart from exceptions like Sanders there's nothing like real AFL game time intensity to prime a player for sustained AFL success. JOD is composed & poised on ground, especially in the back half. Duryea & Keath seem to be there more as mentor/coach roles atm. Why break glass when you can forge a new axe?
    Could not agree less.

We have a vfl side for development and that is where players should be taught th the skills and awareness that will propel them into the firsts. The AFL side is for winning, as often and by the maximum amount possible.

Last year we got into the habit of not playing the best possible squad. And look at the result. Disastrous.

Started by continuing the tactic of playing unfit players. Humiliated in games 1 and 2.

Missed finals by 1 win by being beaten by bottom teams. We had two relatively late losses by less than a goal. Would we have won either with more sensible selections. I thought so.

When the focus returns to winning, and not feel good miracles, I will slowly forget the wasted last 2 seasons.

3. Thanks D Mitchell thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    He moves and runs well, he?s got reasonable judgment of the ball and can intercept. His kicking skills are sound. He?s got a lot of UPSIDE.
    and he's dreamy...

5. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess there were more motivations to love JOD than I realised.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I like JOD fine btw and am not trying to be the point of dissent. I'm just surprised at how on board everyone is. The venerable Sockeye used to have the 20-game rule and no doubt this is an example of it...probably the most extreme version of it I've seen though.
    Sanders ahead of Macrae?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Athleticism is one thing... but Keath has experience and nous.

I'm not sure I want either of them near Cameron but we'll need one of them, and I'm not sure why it HAS to be JOD if Keath is also fit. Neither are slam dunks for that role.
    Out of interest, who are you picking to have first crack on Cameron?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    and he's dreamy...
    He is a good looking rooster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's maybe next in line for the coveted Stupid Sexy moniker that Easton Wood wore.
    SSJOD, the initialism rolls off the tongue.

Post Thanks / Like

Is young, moves well, isnt rushed, doesn't panic and makes pretty decent decisions. Has a more experienced head on his shoulders than his years. Has a fair bit of upside and needs to be played.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He's maybe next in line for the coveted Stupid Sexy moniker that Easton Wood wore.
    SSJOD, the initialism rolls off the tongue.

Easton must surely hold the title of the best looking AFL captain ever. Maybe best looking AFL player ever? I am not that way inclined, (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course..), but it is simply objectively true!

And so, swerving erratically even more off topic, I would now put up clear evidence that our coach is the best looking current, and perhaps ever, coach. Though often accused of having a man-crush on Bevo, I am not that way inclined (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course..)

Bevo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Easton must surely hold the title of the best looking AFL captain ever. Maybe best looking AFL player ever? I am not that way inclined, (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course..), but it is simply objectively true!

And so, swerving erratically even more off topic, I would now put up clear evidence that our coach is the best looking current, and perhaps ever, coach. Though often accused of having a man-crush Bevo, I am not that way inclined (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course..)

Bevo.jpg
    Welcome to the SSEW club.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

And so, swerving erratically even more off topic, I would now put up clear evidence that our coach is the best looking current, and perhaps ever, coach. Though often accused of having a man-crush on Bevo, I am not that way inclined (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course..)

Bevo.jpg
    My friend had a meeting with Easton yesterday he works with executive recruiting under the Hassett group now.
    My friend is what you might call a toe cutter, goes to businesses and puts in cost cutting procedures.
    Usually means cutting staff which is ironic as I am a blue collar worker if he was at my work we would be the biggest enemies.
    Bloody Essendon supporter too .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    My friend had a meeting with Easton yesterday he works with executive recruiting under the Hassett group now.
    My friend is what you might call a toe cutter, goes to businesses and puts in cost cutting procedures.
    Usually means cutting staff which is ironic as I am a blue collar worker if he was at my work we would be the biggest enemies.
    Bloody Essendon supporter too .
    Ask the toe cutter, he knows who I am.

I am the knight rider, a fuel injected suicide machine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Welcome to the SSEW club.
    Is that EastonWest?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that EastonWest?
    He's like Bizarro world EastonWest...he's devilishly handsome, but mostly uses his powers for shitposting here and saving kittens stuck in trees.

21. Likes Uninformed liked this post