Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 6, 2008 Opposition Player Focus: Andrew Embley

I don't mind this idea, DR you certainly think outside the square. I think it would be great for Hill's game to play on an Embley-type player but we need Hill to get comfortable with the pace and settled in his current role. However, considering he has been a bit negated and had a bit more attention over the past two weeks it may be a good idea to give him defensive instructions on Embley, rather than worrying about trying to get kicks in the front half of the ground against a good defensive player. If Embley gets 10 possies in the first quarter take him off him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I don't mind this idea, DR you certainly think outside the square. I think it would be great for Hill's game to play on an Embley-type player but we need Hill to get comfortable with the pace and settled in his current role. However, considering he has been a bit negated and had a bit more attention over the past two weeks it may be a good idea to give him defensive instructions on Embley, rather than worrying about trying to get kicks in the front half of the ground against a good defensive player. If Embley gets 10 possies in the first quarter take him off him.
    Hey...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Must have been young

Definately a player who has had to step up without Cousins/Judd. A difficult matchup and while yes Hargrave sounds good i doubt he would have much influence over him. Maybe a Griff could pay him enough respect and hurt him as well? But that may mean he doesn't play in the square as much. Definitely Hill, if he could be trusted, would be a good match up but i doubt he would stick too closely to him.
    Yep, this was hujsh's idea.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Seaby out means Cox will shoulder even more of the ruck responsibility, with one of their young KPPs presumedly pinch-hitting when Cox is rested. If he's doing the bulk of it, he should be rested on the bench.
    Wight may be an option early on Embley however I'd expect Hunter to play forward if he doesn't take Murphy, and Wight may get first crack at him assuming Lake takes Lynch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Hey...
    Sorry hujsh, kudos to you hadn't looked at the thread and forgot you mentioned it. I'll never ever forget you again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Sorry hujsh, kudos to you hadn't looked at the thread and forgot you mentioned it. I'll never ever forget you again
    HAHA. cheers.