Please list 3 things learned from our R3 encounter vs West Coast
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

1. 19 more scoring shots in the last two games for 21 Goals, -2 Behinds. Great kicking.
    2. SSP Rookie picks are for cash converter types. Baker & Bramble repaying the faith.
    3. One rain doesn’t end the drought, but credit to VDM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Thanks SuperWheels thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are dangerous when we play the way we did - bring on Geelong

2. We played 10 players with less than 50 games - future looks bright

3. Hard to keep Bont out of the game - even when you tag him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks SuperWheels thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Dare I say our backline actually have system and structure? Second week in a row!

2. Dare I say our back half now has an intercept game? Second week in a row!

3. I am loving the way we are introducing Ryley Sanders into the midfield. Today he attend every centre bounce in the second quarter maybe bar one and the same last week (heavily attended CBA in the third quarter) V the Suns.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    1. Dare I say our backline actually have system and structure? Second week in a row!

2. Dare I say our back half now has an intercept game? Second week in a row!

3. I am loving the way we are introducing Ryley Sanders into the midfield. Today he attend every centre bounce in the second quarter maybe bar one and the same last week (heavily attended CBA in the third quarter) V the Suns.
    I'm a bit worried about our backline without Jones. He's awesome. But an injury to him and the cupboards bare.

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Good sides go for the kill when playing poor teams and we were relentless.

2. Take a bow Laith. I love seeing whipping boys respond.

3. If the sonic lightshow that is Marvel is not bad enough, now they've introduced a friggin' smoke machine.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - We are often criticized for bringing in cash converter type players from other club but Bramble has made an impact in his 3 games for us.
    2 - Vandermeer has now reset expectations on what he is capable of playing like. It's his time to win over some of our supporter base.
    3 - I'm now questioning if we should just accept that (our) Bailey Williams is a more natural defender than winger.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Uninformed, chef, Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    1. Good sides go for the kill when playing poor teams and we were relentless.

2. Take a bow Laith. I love seeing whipping boys respond.

3. If the sonic lightshow that is Marvel is not bad enough, now they've introduced a friggin' smoke machine.
    There was no smoke machine. The whole weather is smoky across Melbourne

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton is a great VC. Was absolutely selfless today. Countless blocks and knock-ons to advantage of teammates, and covered more ground than he seems to have been doing in all the years prior.

2. VDM covers a lot of ground and finally got reward for effort.

3. Bevo is now 'protecting' our stars a lot better than he did last year. Bont forward for a lot of the second half, subbing off Libba, and Gags getting CBAs in the last (again). Bodes well for later in the season, especially compared to last year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1. Darcy is going to be a super player. Little glimpses each week of things other players just can't do
    2. We knew it, but geez Caleb's clean hands on the half-volley are incredible
    3, Not often our boys smother as much they did today . That desperation when you are clearly on top shows the team are happy to do the little things. Loved it

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    3. Bevo is now 'protecting' our stars a lot better than he did last year. Bont forward for a lot of the second half, subbing off Libba, and Gags getting CBAs in the last (again). Bodes well for later in the season, especially compared to last year.
    Great pick-up. I wonder if he just has a deeper list and one that he feels he can trust more? Having confidence in Sanders probably helps with the midfield rotations.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Darcy provides more to our structure than Lobb. It enables Tim to run deep forward more often, enabling two great goals and deserved another with that fantastic handball chain.

2. Wet Toast Beagles continued to push our talls dangerously under the ball. Barass is the worst offender, but they were doing it at both ends and the umpires ignored it. Having said that, together Marra and Naughty took 17 marks.

3. Our older players still have the hunger - JJ, Treloar, Duryea. They aren’t dropping off anytime soon.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    1 - We are often criticized for bringing in cash converter type players from other club but Bramble has made an impact in his 3 games for us.
    2 - Vandermeer has now reset expectations on what he is capable of playing like. It's his time to win over some of our supporter base.
    3 - I'm now questioning if we should just accept that (our) Bailey Williams is a more natural defender than winger.
    I think based on last week and this week Williams is a defender. We need to push Dale to a wing and have one of Gallagher, Poulter and Baker on the other.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

21. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think based on last week and this week Williams is a defender. We need to push Dale to a wing and have one of Gallagher, Poulter and Baker on the other.
    West was on the wing a bit today

23. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post