Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think based on last week and this week Williams is a defender. We need to push Dale to a wing and have one of Gallagher, Poulter and Baker on the other.
    Right now, Gags and Baker are our first choice wings. I would not have picked this a month ago
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Right now, Gags and Baker are our first choice wings. I would not have picked this a month ago
    Gags also started HFF a few times
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Crazy isn’t it?

A month ago I think we all hoped Gallagher would be but we had our doubts.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Great pick-up. I wonder if he just has a deeper list and one that he feels he can trust more? Having confidence in Sanders probably helps with the midfield rotations.
    Helps when you're clearly in front and don't have to worry about winning the game anymore. Didn't have the luxury last time we played WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think based on last week and this week Williams is a defender. We need to push Dale to a wing and have one of Gallagher, Poulter and Baker on the other.
    Great minds

6. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm a bit worried about our backline without Jones. He's awesome. But an injury to him and the cupboards bare.
    I don?t disagree but things look different compared to 2023. Not sure what it is but we looked organised and each player knows their role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Wasted 3 years trying to develop a 3 talls forward line, the remaining 2 snagged 1 each.
    2. When players run = a win.
    3. AFL is a game for the super quick minds, hands and feet

Post Thanks / Like

1. Trying to play perfect football doesn't work. Going forward at all costs has its benefits. So reward the runners. We're realising this.
    2. Tackle in numbers and pressure in numbers even when on top. We've asked for years to have a killer instinct as a team, today we did.
    3. Sam Darcy is a unicorn, and opposition are realising how good he is, so now he needs to work through getting early body work into him. Opposition know they can't beat if he has a free run to the ball. So watch the early work into him. And how he adjusts to it.

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Defensive pressure all over the ground was immense.
    2. The AFL should bring forward Tasmania's entry to the AFL and replace WCE as soon as possible. They would struggle to beat Peel Thunder.
    3. The Eagles supporters near us on level 2 were complete flogs early, but shut up pretty quickly after 1/4 time and left half way through the 3rd quarter -weak as their team.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

WCE around us, ground level, we?re resigned but good humoured. Lots of banter, our supporters were kind it was all in good fun.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. You can see WCE have our fitness coach from last year. Boy did they look unfit.
    2. Let's hope VDM can string a few good games together. He owed us this as he has been given more than enough chances.
    3. Can Marra lead up the middle tomix it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    1. You can see WCE have our fitness coach from last year. Boy did they look unfit.
    2. Let's hope VDM can string a few good games together. He owed us this as he has been given more than enough chances.
    3. Can Marra lead up the middle tomix it up.
    1. I?m convinced most supporters have no idea that players have different roles week to week and think it?s all about possessions. I?m happy VDM got a few today to shut the haters up!! He plays his role very well most weeks and is our best pressure fwd every week.

2. English will be our point of difference as the year unfolds. He was brilliant rd1 before he copped a hip injury. Today he again was looking ominous. No ruckman can keep up with him.

3. Out mid fwd connection must be better against better opposition. So many times
    As we enter our fwd half from 65m to 50m we are to often happy to kick long to a contest when a fwd is actually presenting at the kicker. If our boys can lower there eyes better. We will be harder to beat in any game.

Good result today but we need to beat cats next week with no Dangerfield

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We look fantastic when we move the ball quickly and lower the eyes kicking inside 50. With either JUH or Naughts high and the other deep - dare I say we almost looked like having a system going forward

2. Our run of the half back flank was great. Loved seeing the handball chains and then a player burst.

3. We need to play like that against a top 8 team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PR0408 View Post
    1. I?m convinced most supporters have no idea that players have different roles week to week and think it?s all about possessions. I?m happy VDM got a few today to shut the haters up!! He plays his role very well most weeks and is our best pressure fwd every week.
    In your opinion - what was vandermeers role round 1 and 2?

19. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bramble can be more than just a fringe player. Thought he was one of the few to impress v Melbourne and he's played well the last two weeks. He plays the game in a positive manner - takes ground, moves it on quickly.

2. We still lack another KPD for stability. I didn't learn this today, and the backs did well, but Khamis (if he plays) really should be the third tall. It worries me against the better sides.

3. Baker is more important than we give him credit for. Holds width well, plenty of pace, good skills with a penetrating leg. If he can find consistency he can be one of the more damaging wingers in the game and it's what he needs to aspire to. Tools are there.
    W00F!

21. Likes Bullies, whythelongface, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    In your opinion - what was vandermeers role round 1 and 2?
    Agree. I think supporters have the right to ask the question. Lets see if he can do the same against the big boys . Eagles will struggle to win a game this year.