Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Gags has a lot to like. Excellent kick. Strong build and a natural player. Think his future is really bright.

  2. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
  3. #32
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    1. Some ****ing loser called security on the 10 year old kids who sit in front of me for making comments like “hey West Coast go back to West Coast” and “Harley Reid you’re jealous of Sanders”. They were scared to go up to the fence to try and high five the players post-game. If it was any of you please never come to a game again.

    2. Our back line is better than I thought. Planting the flag, Buku’s gonna make it.

    3. English is the best ruckman that will ever lose a hit out count to Bailey Williams that will ever play AFL. Weapon freak gun at footy, pay the man.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Buku as a 3rd tall will be epic. Think he?s a player for sure. Bramble has been a shrewd recruit. Dude has some serious footy nous and is a serious user of the footy.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There was no smoke machine. The whole weather is smoky across Melbourne
    Temperature inversion (happens more often in March). Pollution levels exceed WHO safe limits by a long way. I thought my specs were really dirty but realised it was atmosphere.

  6. Likes bornadog liked this post
  7. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post

    3. If the sonic lightshow that is Marvel is not bad enough, now they've introduced a friggin' smoke machine.
    They're putting it down to the foggy weather this morning being trapped in but I'm calling bullshit on it. The haze was getting worse each quarter. I think the smoke machine added to it but Marvel is more interested in the TV audience not the spectators at the ground.
    It's not a top tier venue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Haze was caused by some control burnoff in the east. I did not know it until after the game. So closing the roof was the right call .

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They're putting it down to the foggy weather this morning being trapped in but I'm calling bullshit on it. The haze was getting worse each quarter. I think the smoke machine added to it but Marvel is more interested in the TV audience not the spectators at the ground.
    It's not a top tier venue.
    Apparently pollution/particles were mostly due to planned burn offs from DPI or whatever they now call themselves. It?s not b/s.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    The smoke was the cause of the haze. There was heaps of it out east all day. Lots of burn off's and very little wind.

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    In your opinion - what was vandermeers role round 1 and 2?
    I'm convinced that guy is BAD's alt. Seriously, "leave Britney alone" vibes.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    1. VDM , Khamis, Bramble, Baker had good games and it was great to see them put pressure on their opponente. Best game seen in VDM and he took 2 good marks for 2 shots of goal , of which he kicked the seond shot for goal. I really want Khamis to be more physical and push out his opponent. English masdive mark in the 3rd was a beauty.
    2. Our 2nd efforts and running back to defense was fanstastic today. When we did not have the ball , the boys ran hard. Smoothering was fanstastic. West did some good things.
    3. When we kick straight, it creates great momentum. The 4 missed shots in the first quarter was pretty damning. JUH round kick 35 m out was absurd , and VDM kick did not even make the distance. They just have to go back and kick straight.

  13. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    9,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. Some ****ing loser called security on the 10 year old kids who sit in front of me for making comments like “hey West Coast go back to West Coast” and “Harley Reid you’re jealous of Sanders”. They were scared to go up to the fence to try and high five the players post-game. If it was any of you please never come to a game again.
    What the hell!?!?!?

    This is crazy. My son has no hope if this is the measuring stick for a report. My boys lungs are huge, backed up his cheering in the NBL finals for another 2 hours, it was great. Some people are just so precious. Members area?

  14. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Haze was caused by some control burnoff in the east. I did not know it until after the game. So closing the roof was the right call .
    Then why close the roof just 2 hours before the start of the game? Why not earlier?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  15. #43
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Then why close the roof just 2 hours before the start of the game? Why not earlier?
    Lack of foresight??

    Marvel isn't very well ventilated. Every half time there's a bit of a haze to start the 3rd quarter because of all the smokos.

  16. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Lack of foresight??

    Marvel isn't very well ventilated. Every half time there's a bit of a haze to start the 3rd quarter because of all the smokos.
    May not have made a lot of difference. Haze was around yesterday/last night too. Worse today though.

  17. #45
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What the hell!?!?!?

    This is crazy. My son has no hope if this is the measuring stick for a report. My boys lungs are huge, backed up his cheering in the NBL finals for another 2 hours, it was great. Some people are just so precious. Members area?
    All of us near them couldn’t believe it. The security guy was embarrassed to his credit but whoever complained should be ashamed of themselves.

    Edit - yep members area, level one on the wing. I’m actually really pissed about it the more I talk about it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •