Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  54
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    1. Williams looked right at home going back holding down Ed's spot, i really wanted Dale trained over the pre season on a wing as he has all the tools to play that position well, so i'd swap those two with Ed back this week, that allows Dale to run the ball into forward 50 more often pin pointing a team mate as his skills are still sublime but it's his decision making letting him down at times plus he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, let him run free plus has that Eagleton effect of slotting through goals from a distance on the run, it's a win/win as far as i'm concerned.

2. Our energy and mental edge are back as far as attitude and efforts go which wasn't there in round 1, compare this game to the last round in 2023 and chalk & cheese, on paper WC still had quality players on the ground, McGovern and Barrass two quality key defenders so Naughts and JUH were not going to have it easy, Yeo and Kelly two quality mids who cut us the shreds last year, plus Reid will have a break out game at some stage, Duggen, Cripps, Petruccelle, Darling all good players.

3. The Ranga express continue to impress, Bramble is becoming an inspired trade selection whilst Baker is doing everything to become a permanent fixture whilst Ed is already a star down back, especially Bramble and Baker using their express speed to take the game on will do wonders for our game style and give the opposition headaches to try and get back to defend, to also then have the quality talls to kick to, when things do click, watch out!
    Like this post. Love the term ranga express. They all have a bit of toe & bravery about their play. No doubt there will be tearing hair out moments watching them but gotta take a bit of bad with hopefully overwhelming good.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd3 vs West Coast 2024

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Like this post. Love the term ranga express. They all have a bit of toe & bravery about their play. No doubt there will be tearing hair out moments watching them but gotta take a bit of bad with hopefully overwhelming good.
    I love a team within a team (like the wog squad) and the Ranga Express is a great name for one
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.