Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs say Lake no fake

Hot off the press...

Bulldogs say Lake no fake
    The Age
    April 21, 2008 - 8:14PM

The Western Bulldogs insist Brian Lake's injuries are legitimate, despite ongoing cynicism from Richmond.

The Bulldogs said Lake will need a test and medical assessment ahead of Saturday night's AFL match against West Coast at Telstra Dome.

"Brian underwent an ultrasound and full medical assessment on his hamstring, hip and back this afternoon," the club said in a statement.

"The results of the medical tests conducted show some damage and Brian will be limited to light training this week due to continual back spasms and hip pain.

"He will undergo a test and medical assessment at the end of the week."

Lake took a mark late in Sunday's draw against the Tigers, but claimed he could not take the shot at goal because he was injured.

Ruckman Will Minson, a better shot for goal, took the kick and his accuracy tied the match.

Richmond coach Terry Wallace predicted post-match that Lake would play this week, while earlier on Monday Nathan Brown also doubted that the Bulldog backman was really hurt

"I don't think Brian was injured, I just think Brian was very clever," said Brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs say Lake no fake

Richmond coach Terry Wallace predicted post-match that Lake would play this week, while earlier on Monday Nathan Brown also doubted that the Bulldog backman was really hurt

"I don't think Brian was injured, I just think Brian was very clever," said Brown.
    Seriously, amazing how the ex coach and the ex player have both come out to beat their drum and offer their words of wisdom. They obviously still have axes to grind.

I may have been a little peeved at drawing the game but now I am glad we came back from being 4 goals down and stopped them from winning it. We fought back and managed to draw the game whilst they lost from a winning position and choked in the last 5 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post

A lot smarter than you Browny hahaha.

I dont think he was faking it at all, the past few weeks ive noticed brian stretching a lot more on the ground, squatting down a lot more during the game, while the ball is up the other end, and ive seen him wave to the bench a few times to take him off.

Ricki wasnt faking at all imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly the number of Richmond supporters, the club and callers on talkback discussing Lake is unbelievable. They ought to look at the real reasons they didn't win and not pick on this incident. Who is to say that Lake wouldn't have kicked the goal anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

When did Will Minson turn into Tony Lockett?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes its a massive pump for Will.

It still feels like we won as they have been crying for 2 days now.

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares? We have 2 points and we took them off Richmond which I think is just awesome Leaving the Dome on Sunday Bulldog fans were happy and Tiger fans were not. That's what is getting me through the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Lake really was hurt, but even if he wasnt it is not lke Minson is a great kick for goal either. I also think that the Richmond supporters should stop complainng about it, they seem to forget about that Matthew Richardson mark in the second quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAB54 View Post
    I think that Lake really was hurt, but even if he wasnt it is not lke Minson is a great kick for goal either. I also think that the Richmond supporters should stop complainng about it, they seem to forget about that Matthew Richardson mark in the second quarter.
    Minson has kicked three ripper goals in three weeks.

Saints - On the boundary line kicking with right foot on the right of goals.

Essendon - Banana goal on tighter angle than the Saints game

Richmond - Pressue kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAB54 View Post
    He was injured no doubt about it. We can't worry about the Richo mark or all this rot about who should have taken the kick because the game has always been about playing to the umpires decisions regardless if they were correct or not.

Questioning big Bryza's integrity is not on though.

Post Thanks / Like

They gotta get over it and move on...Lake woulda kicked that goal anyway..Cam Wight woulda kicked that goal..Welshy uh....well i wont go there...but it was 30m straight in front ffs!...Stop trying to shift the blame of your disgraceful finish onto us - If anyone is to sook it should be us about that Richo mark that was clearly a goal.

Get over it Richmond, you have 2 points and your lucky you got that - our momentum would have won the game if there were 30secs extra.. Brown & Wallace are just jealous that we have more than 1 goalkicker - and the fact that Brian Lake took the mark and Richo didnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Minson has kicked three ripper goals in three weeks.

Saints - On the boundary line kicking with right foot on the right of goals.

Essendon - Banana goal on tighter angle than the Saints game

Richmond - Pressue kick.
    True he has improved alot this season and kicked some great goals and it is great to see. I am just saying that prior to this he was not been great at kicking goals.

Post Thanks / Like

I've Minno kick a very important goal at Werribee from 50