Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Round 4, 2024 vs Geelong

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Geelong. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Round 4, 2024 vs Geelong

The moment in the last quarter where Bont pulled the ball in and got off a handball whilst being tackled, chased the ball down and impacted the next contest then tackled the cats player that won it and was awarded a free kick

It is indicative of our gameplan as a team - individual brilliance

Post Thanks / Like

VDM running into an open goal and blowing his lines in the third quarter.

From that point, they kicked a goal straight away against the trend for a two goal swing. Then Stengle kicked another goal one minute later . It was just a momentem energy sucker for us, it gave the Cats the energy and the game on their terms. They went out to a 28 point lead.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

From that point, they kicked a goal straight away against the trend for a two goal swing. Then Stengle kicked another goal one minute later . It was just a momentem energy sucker for us, it gave the Cats the energy and the game on their terms. They went out to a 28 point lead.
    I agree with Jeemak it was not an easy shot given the pressure coming up his ass (and we'd be all over him if he took too long to kick it) but still agree that was the moment.

6. Likes angelopetraglia, jeemak, jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First 7 entries in the last qtr - JUH missed snap off fantastic groundball work from both English and Darcy and then JUH missing set shot a minute later. Straight away goes into Geelong F50 for the first time in the qtr and they score. Totally killed our momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

Yes agree
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That second stoppage after our last goal. Libba gets the clearance, we get the secondary stoppage in f50 and they came out the front from memory.

Curtains after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I agree with Jeemak it was not an easy shot given the pressure coming up his ass (and we'd be all over him if he took too long to kick it) but still agree that was the moment.
    Words we don't hear enough around here.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a game of big moments and also little ones that all came home to roost, throughout the entire game.

Tend to agree with Sedat, not capitalising on the early dominance in the last and giving one up hurt. They were always going to have a patch where the clock worked in their favour like it did between about 11m and 7m to go, and we needed to be at least one closer at that point.

14. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    The moment in the last quarter where Bont pulled the ball in and got off a handball whilst being tackled, chased the ball down and impacted the next contest then tackled the cats player that won it and was awarded a free kick

The moment before that play my partner said 'we can't just rely on Bont to do everything'... then on cue he did everything!
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

16. Likes angelopetraglia, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    The moment before that play my partner said 'we can't just rely on Bont to do everything'... then on cue he did everything!
    Amazing bit of play. God level.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of minutes in when Buku was on the receiving end of a freak bounce and Geelong got their first goal I thought: " This is not going to be our night." The Stengle "goal" was totally expected.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It wasn't easy but he had time for a couple of steps to steady himself and buy him another couple of metres closer to goal. He sensed Holmes coming and rushed it. HE lets his composure cancel out his athleticism and it's so damn frustrating.

I personally loved Macrae's boundary line tackle on Stewart just after he was subbed on. Looked like he was about to get a releasing handball away, and Macrae just aimed up his sternum and went BANG. Beautiful technique, great force applied and just rag dolled him. Not only created a stoppage but showed great intent that underpinned that last quarter surge.

Post Thanks / Like

From the limited bit I saw - someone (I don’t have a whipping boy in the side at the moment so not gonna blame someone for no reason) in the second quarter running to the wrong side and failing to stop the simple 1-2 on Mitch Duncan taking a kick out. Cats ran it the length of the ground untouched and goaled. So easy to stop, so frustrating to see.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -