Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

BulldogsVsCats Gather Round Autopsy

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good

Libba, Treloar and Bont were in Beast Mode and I was happy to be part of the ride.

Intercept City with Buku and Jones. I love Buku?s aggressiveness and willingness to attack the ball. Growing in confidence, every match.

The three talls did their jobs most of the time, Darcy and JUH clunked their marks.

First Gallagher, now perhaps Darcy for the Rising Star nom? Lobb?s just got keep kicking 5 goal hauls before he gets a look in.

West, the perfect foil for the talls. Busy with ground ball gets, tacking pressure and a nice little speccy and set shot goal.

Loving the inside to outside chained possessions, so smooth but?

The Bad

Repeated inside 50s for little or no return. All that effort for no goal reward.

As MightWest said ?I?ve seen this movie before.? The Dogs would get to teasing distance of the Cats but somehow, someway, the Cats came back with a quick response. They were just too good and at a level the Dogs just can?t seem to get to.

JUH?s inaccuracy. When he?s the main target inside 50 (now that Naughton seems to be playing the roaming CHF), JUH has take responsibility of being the team?s main avenue to goal. No return for getting the ball to him should make him angry with himself.

The Ugly

Expanding on the Dogs repeated inside 50s for no return, the Cats had so many quick replies and one and goal returns it became unfortunately predictable.

Taking too long to figure out how to get around the Stewart and DeKoenig wall, once they finally did, time ran out.

I?m curious what the stat is for number of possession per goal each team had because it sure seemed like the Cats didn?t work as hard for their goals. One step goals from outside 50 are pretty damn hard to defend.

The Goal Review

The Behind that wasn?t? Could that have been the difference in a 4 point loss? Personally I thought it occurred well before crunch time so it?s didn?t really make that much of a difference but you can?t help but ask the question when it?s a 4 point margin.

The Wrong Direction.

Everyone became a backseat driver when the Colonel went the David Rodan way. Great breakaway speed though.

The Dons are waiting.

Dare I say, Danger Game? Will the Dogs shake off losing against the Cats? I reckon the Bont, Treloar and Libba will make sure the Dogs don't relax.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, SquirrelGrip, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogfan, GVGjr, Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BulldogsVsCats Gather Round Autopsy

Thanks again Dexter.

Looks like we are making JUH the focal point, with Naughton playing more a centre half forward role. I love the way JUH can take a contested mark with the one grab.

I thought we would have been better with Lobb in the side last night as Darcy got ragdolled when in the ruck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.